Happy hour

LOVE BOAT GRADS

There are many choices, and all are indicated on you daily activities flyer that you get in you mail box the day before.

On some ships, they also have a three martini deal for ten bucks. That was tasty.

LOL🍸 OMG those were killers!

We had them on The Nieuw on our past cruise and so good!

Denise:)

Embarkation day generally doesn't have a Happy Hour scheduled.

The Ocean Bar typically has one from 4:00-5:00 PM. It gets crowded! :D

Yah we like going there for happy hour also!

I knew you would respond. You are one of my favorites with so much knowledge.

Hope your Holiday season is wonderful Ruth!

Denise:)

TransAtlantic on the Nieuw Amsterdam last April: there was one hour in the Crow's Nest and the other hour in the Ocean Bar, I don't remember which was 4-5 but the other was 5-6. They were staggered so you could stagger, I liked to say!

The specials were the cocktail of the day (but only did this once, so don't recall the deal) AND Buy-One-Get-Second-For-$1. These had to be the exact same drink. If DH and I didn't feel like drinking the same drink, we'd have to get two apiece (OH NO!). We also bought two Coke Lights or Coke Zero's UNOPENED for the special price, to take back to cabin for the bottle of rum we had pre-purchased for there. Be nice to the drink stewards and they would bring you a couple pieces of lime for cuba libre's. In the room.

25a69c3de6b6c8a5709ca3317a1bd83e.jpg.a7e961049b6789e7cbf55cec3d8b1f47.jpg

Is HAL still serving hot hors d'oeuvres in some of the lounges with cocktails? I always thought that was very civilized, but can't remember seeing it on our last HAL cruise this year.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
Spelling of or-dervs, horse serves, or whatever auto correct prefers.

If you have the Signature Beverage Card -- it can not be used during the Happy Hour.

Just a clarification, you can get drinks on the package in the bars during happy hour, but not the discount. You do need to be careful to tell the server you are on the package so you aren't charged. We ended up with one charge of a $1.15 on our bill, because we forgot to check. A few times they had to re ring our order. We often went to trivia and happy hour followed, so we stayed. If on the package you can also go to a non happy hour bar.

Is HAL still serving hot hors d'oeuvres in some of the lounges with cocktails? I always thought that was very civilized, but can't remember seeing it on our last HAL cruise this year.

Yes, but....

Sometimes you have to ask.

I don't know if they are served at Happy Hour, or just at the pre-dinner cocktail time. But then Happy Hour would serve as the cocktail time for early diners.

They also should have Goldfish and peanuts available. Again, just ask. Once they know you, and what you want, service should become automatic.

TransAtlantic on the Nieuw Amsterdam last April: there was one hour in the Crow's Nest and the other hour in the Ocean Bar, I don't remember which was 4-5 but the other was 5-6. They were staggered so you could stagger, I liked to say!

The specials were the cocktail of the day (but only did this once, so don't recall the deal) AND Buy-One-Get-Second-For-$1. These had to be the exact same drink. If DH and I didn't feel like drinking the same drink, we'd have to get two apiece (OH NO!). We also bought two Coke Lights or Coke Zero's UNOPENED for the special price, to take back to cabin for the bottle of rum we had pre-purchased for there. Be nice to the drink stewards and they would bring you a couple pieces of lime for cuba libre's. In the room.

Just to clarify, you can get the drink of the day in any bar or the MDR as long as they are open. It's not limited to happy hour. I found they used to have good drinks that appealed to me but now they all seem to be ultra sweet so I don't care for them.

On the Statendam in September/October, hot hors d'oeuvres were always available during the 4:00-5:00 P. M. Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest; probably in the Ocean Bar as well, but I did not attend HH in that venue. One might have to wait a bit for them; often the Stewards would get them once they had completed an initial round of service for drinks orders. Once in awhile, there would be a "dedicated" Steward doing the service for the hors d'oeuvres.

Peanuts and usually Goldfish were always available and on Gala Nights, the "Formal" nuts made an appearance.

Cold Canapes were also served along with the warm "goodies and some of them were better than the warm offerings.

In the lounges before the 8:00 P. M. dinner seating, hot hors d'oeuvres would be available on occasion (one usually had to ask about them). The times that they were available, they were left over from HH time, I think. Still good, though!

Edited by rkacruiser

On the 7 day Western Caribbean on the Eurodam last week they had happy hour every day from 4PM - 5PM except embarkation day. This was in the Crow's Nest and the Ocean Bar. It was buy 1 get the second for $1.

Helen

Just off Eurodam. Also happy hour 10-11 several nights in Northern Lights and once in piano bar on our 8 day Tropical Caribbean cruise before ship goes to dry dock.