Crown Grill Lunch

Shogun

I might be interested in a steakhouse-style lunch (smaller, similar quality steaks and sides) if it was offered for a reduced price.

I would not be interested in a Gastro-style lunch that would be paid for.

On Holland America, they offer lunch in their Pinnacle Grill on some days for $10 while their dinner price is $29. Some prefer this lunch menu to dinner there.

Not really interested. I do like Alfredo's for lunch but, of course, there is no extra charge for Alfredo's. I would like for Princess to remain Princess. If people want upgraded, extra charge, venues then perhaps a different cruise line would be the way to go. I like Princess the way it is.

Not really interested. I do like Alfredo's for lunch but, of course, there is no extra charge for Alfredo's. I would like for Princess to remain Princess. If people want upgraded, extra charge, venues then perhaps a different cruise line would be the way to go. I like Princess the way it is.

Princess used to have Painted Desert open for lunch on sea days. I think it was $6 for a meal and included a drink. This was when the Grand and Golden first came out. I think Sabatini's had a brunch also.

I would be open to something like this again.

Edited by Coral

The original Alfredo's on Sun Princess had a charge associated with it, way back when...

We really enjoy the pub lunch exactly as it is, and hope it remains included in our cruise fare. For us, it has the upsell of a quality ale or beer.

The original Alfredo's on Sun Princess had a charge associated with it, way back when...

We really enjoy the pub lunch exactly as it is, and hope it remains included in our cruise fare. For us, it has the upsell of a quality ale or beer.

The Sun Princess that I sailed on (inaugural 1995) didn't have Alfredos. It had Verdi's pizzeria. Though I started sailing them in 1997 or 1998. I just don't remember any talk of having that cost. Back then, there wasn't any charge restaurants on that class of ship. It was far more inclusive back then (free speciality coffee in dining room, free brewed coffee, free laundry in laundromats).

Are you referring to the earlier Sun Princess that sailed in the 70's and 80's? Or did they really charge for it. It just sounds out of character for that class back then.

Edited by Coral