New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

What is "modern luxury service"? And what if there are 3 of us in a cabin? Share? Can you supply 3 straws? Thanks!

Poor water in a glass and drink it? Duh!

And why would you care? Given that your previous 500 complaints were about Luminae lunch hours, you aren't even booking Aqua Class?

With the rudeness and stupidity of some responses on here, it's a miracle Celebrity Cruises is still coming back to answer questions. If I was X, I would have quit this forum ages ago.

Still sailing now. Very dissapointed about the elimination of water. With the continued increase in Cruise pricing, we have seen a great number of nickle and dime cuts in Aqua that many people we spoke with are very dissatisfied. My wife and I already have cruises in Aqua booked next year. I voiced my displeasure to several officers. We love blue but will now really analyze choices of cabins and cruise lines.

We will probably do the same. I have an Equinox cruise in March in AQ. I'm thrilled with the price and the perks. I also just moved a Europe cruise from 2016 to 2017, but I'm still a little up in the air about that one. For just a few hundred dollars more pp than AQ on Celebrity, we could get a balcony on Azamara. I'm going to look seriously at what's included and it may be time for us to make the jump to a smaller ship...at least on a port intensive itinerary.

I use a TA and my bookings are never lost and she matches Celebrity's OBC. I simple call to customer relations will resolve any issues if you think your reservations are truly lost.

You might want to re-read the post you're responding to. When she said X lost the reservations, I don't think she meant the reservations were missing. I believe she meant that X lost her business on 3 cruises (i.e. in 2016 she booked 3 cruises on other lines instead of X).

With the rudeness and stupidity of some responses on here, it's a miracle Celebrity Cruises is still coming back to answer questions. If I was X, I would have quit this forum ages ago.

I agree with you. If someone doesn't like a product, switch to a different product and get on with your life. I'm not sure what people hope to accomplish by complaining on an Internet forum.

Edited by El Crucero

For just a few hundred dollars more pp than AQ on Celebrity, we could get a balcony on Azamara. I'm going to look seriously at what's included and it may be time for us to make the jump to a smaller ship...at least on a port intensive itinerary.

I think that might be a good idea for you. I find that Azamara is double the cost of Celebrity and the incentives are similar (beverage package and Internet). Let us know how you compare the two lines when you complete your cruise.

I believe she meant that X lost her business on 3 cruises (i.e. in 2016 she booked 3 cruises on other lines instead of X).

If that is what she meant, then, I have two sailings in 2016 on X and both of those are sold out, every category. X seems to be able to fill those cancelled staterooms, often at higher prices. It is all about inventory, as it is on every cruise line.

I like Aquanots. :D

I like that! It's straightforward, descriptive, and it would be fairly simple for Celebrity to reprogram their computers from AQ to AN. Oh. Wait. Did I just use the words simple and computers in the same sentence referring to Celebrity?:o

I like that! It's straightforward, descriptive, and it would be fairly simple for Celebrity to reprogram their computers from AQ to AN. Oh. Wait. Did I just use the words simple and computers in the same sentence referring to Celebrity?:o

I am a big trivia fan and always participate in the trivia contests on Celebrity. On our TA last April aboard Reflection I hooked up to 5 strangers and we became best friends and did very well in trivia. We named our team the MENSANOTS! :D:p:D

But back on topic, I want my $4 bottle of water (temper tantrum). :mad:

Edited by El Crucero

I think that might be a good idea for you. I find that Azamara is double the cost of Celebrity and the incentives are similar (beverage package and Internet). Let us know how you compare the two lines when you complete your cruise.

I'm going to take a serious look at it, and compare the per diem for both lines. The cruise I'm looking at is definitely more expensive, but it also includes more and is longer. For an extremely port intensive itinerary with some tender ports I can see a lot of advantages to being on a smaller ship.

By doing some quick calculations, the per diem difference for the cruise I'm looking at would be somewhere between $21 and $81 per person/day more on Azamara, depending on the cabin I booked. That's within a range that I'm willing to look at it and talk to them.

Edited by Cindy

Azamara is still Celebrity. How do you know they aren't going to take something away from you between the time you book and the time you sail?

ALL cruise lines (air lines, hotel chains, etc.) change their policies and incentives from time to time (deleting some or adding some) without prior notification to booked passengers. But some people think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, so I urge them to give other cruise lines a try. Maybe they will be happier there. ;)

Azamara is still Celebrity. How do you know they aren't going to take something away from you between the time you book and the time you sail?

I don't!:D I'd still like to try them!:)

ALL cruise lines (air lines, hotel chains, etc.) change their policies and incentives from time to time (deleting some or adding some) without prior notification to booked passengers. But some people think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, so I urge them to give other cruise lines a try. Maybe they will be happier there. ;)

I'm almost sorry I took the time to run some numbers and seriously comment on your remarks about pricing being double. If we try Azamara it won't have anything to do with the water, greener grass, or being happier elsewhere.

We've been looking at their itineraries on and off for a while. We enjoy different experiences on various cruise lines, and think we may be at the point where a smaller ship experience would be to our liking, especially on a very port intensive Mediterranean itinerary.

The Azamara experience may or may not make us happier. Since we haven't been unhappy on any of our previous cruises I have no doubt we'd enjoy that line too!

Edited by Cindy

We're only paying $85pp/night more for an AZ veranda 14 night Med cruise with only one sea day that includes their liquor package, prepaid gratuities and $600obc. (we paid for an inside but received a double class upgrade promo to veranda). With under 700 passengers, this cruise goes into ports the X ships can't.

Our 14 night X veranda Caribbean go big cruise includes the liquor package with TA supplied $200obc & prepaid gratuities.

Not counting any of the perks, AZ is only 30% more including taxes/fees on our cruises.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

When are they going to eliminate Blu? Is it going to be used as a suite overflow restaurant? OMG, where are the Aqua Passengers going to eat now.

In the scullery kitchen with the hired help? There's plenty of water there! :p

For those unfamiliar with what that is, "A scullery is a room in a house traditionally used for washing up dishes and laundering clothes, or as an overflow kitchen when the main kitchen is overloaded."

P.S. We have an AQ booked for this February. The daily water was a perk when we booked it.

This kind of thing has been going on since the 90's on all cruise lines. It has accelerated in recent years. If you want what used to be you can find it on a product that costs 2 to three times current prices. Take the price you paid 3 years ago and figure in inflation. This is a business.

ALL cruise lines (air lines, hotel chains, etc.) change their policies and incentives from time to time (deleting some or adding some) without prior notification to booked passengers.

I worked in the hospitality industry for many years. If someone booked a hotel package that included a King sized room with breakfast the next morning, that is what they received. If the hotel could no longer offer that, a refund was provided.

Anytime I have seen new fees on airlines, there was always prior notification given.

People who booked those Aqua Class rooms PAID for daily water. If Celebrity wants to make changes to what is being offered with the stateroom categories, they easily could have done this with their 2017/2018 itineraries that are only being released now instead of making it effective for all sailings immediately.

But some people think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, so I urge them to give other cruise lines a try. Maybe they will be happier there. ;)

If you read the threads on this board, you'll notice that most people have already sailed with other lines. Furthermore, a cruise is not the only type of vacation out there.

I cancelled my 2016 cruise in favor of a land trip. BTW, that cruise is not even close to being sold out.

Edited by lovemylab

I worked in the hospitality industry for many years. If someone booked a hotel package that included a King sized room with breakfast the next morning, that is what they received. If the hotel could no longer offer that, a refund was provided.

You are missing my point. Yes, we did receive the "free" breakfast at the hotel, but many of their advertised "fresh" items were eliminated with no prior notification or no offer of a full refund. That hotel no longer provided "free" bottled water in the room. They provided bottled water, but I now have to pay for it! No prior notice or offer of a refund.

Anytime I have seen new fees on airlines, there was always prior notification given.
Not me. Often times I pay more (sometimes less) for a ticket than the person sitting next to me. Airlines, do not guarantee the lowest price on a pre-sold ticket.

People who booked those Aqua Class rooms PAID for daily water. If Celebrity wants to make changes to what is being offered with the stateroom categories, they easily could have done this with their 2017/2018 itineraries that are only being released now instead of making it effective for all sailings immediately.
Those people have the option of cancelling their passage and re-book or not book at all. Since you worked in the "hospitality industry" tell me ONE cruise line that doesn't change their pricing structure or amenities without informing booked passengers first!

If you read the threads on this board, you'll notice that most people have already sailed with other lines. Furthermore, a cruise is not the only type of vacation out there.
Fine, I am happy for them. Those people should enjoy their new vacation choices or cruise lines and get on with their life, rather than complaining about used to be or the fact that they only get "free" bottled water on embarkation. If this is a deal breaker for them, cancel their cruise and book on SilverSeas where they can get all the free bottled water they want.

Celebrity is clearly trying to improve their bottom line to make investors happy. When the day comes that Celebrity no longer offers what I consider to be a value in cruising, I will move on without all the drama and negativity.

I cancelled my 2016 cruise in favor of a land trip. BTW, that cruise is not even close to being sold out.

That is what is great, you have options and you received a full refund from Celebrity. Some cruises sell out, some don't, and that is what makes the cruise business so difficult.

I hope you enjoy your land vacation (we find them much more expensive and tiring than cruising). In the meantime, we continue to enjoy cruising on Celebrity, bottled water or not.

Often times I pay more (sometimes less) for a ticket than the person sitting next to me. Airlines, do not guarantee the lowest price on a pre-sold ticket.

I was referring to airline fees (i.e. baggage fees, seat reservation fees, etc). When these are introduced or changed, a notification is provided in advance.

I was not referring to the airline ticket fares; however, since you brought it up, there are several airlines that will offer a voucher if they lower the price on a ticket. I've received vouchers from WestJet and Southwest, just to name a few. Many others will allow you to rebook at the lower price for a fee (so for larger price drops, it can be worthwhile).

Those people have the option of cancelling their passage and re-book or not book at all.

If it's after final payment, they don't have that choice.

Those people should enjoy their new vacation choices or cruise lines and get on with their life, rather than complaining about used to be or the fact that they only get "free" bottled water on embarkation.

People aren't complaining about not getting "free water". The complaint is about not getting the water they PAID FOR and the constant nickel & diming, while increasing fares and decreasing quality.

I understand that Celebrity's goal is to increase the bottom line for their shareholders. However, I fail to see how pi$$ing off your long time loyal passengers is going to help with achieving that. It costs more to attract a new customer than to keep an existing one.

Celebrity could have changed the Aqua Class amenities effective for the 2017/2018 season when they went on sale two weeks ago. This would have allowed all passengers to have been notified at the time of booking.

As for land trips being more tiring and expensive, it depends on the type of trip and the people doing the travelling.

This kind of thing has been going on since the 90's on all cruise lines. It has accelerated in recent years. If you want what used to be you can find it on a product that costs 2 to three times current prices. Take the price you paid 3 years ago and figure in inflation. This is a business.

Cutting costs, increasing profits by going for cheaper cuts of meat, reducing the number of entertainment staff, increasing the number of fee-based activities etc is not the same as advertising that you will receive a specific item as a result of paying extra, accepting your booking on that basis and then quietly not providing that item.

The complaint is about not getting the water they PAID FOR and the constant nickel & diming, while increasing fares and decreasing quality.

Simple, then stop complaining and switch to a different cruise line. I think you will accomplish more by voting with your dollars than complaining on Cruise Critic. I PAID FOR that "fresh squeezed orange juice" at the hotel breakfast that they eliminated after my booking and failed to notify me or offer me a refund. I am tired of that hotel chain nickel and diming me so I switched to a different chain (which costs me more and still no fresh squeezed orange juice). But hey, I showed that original hotel chain. :rolleyes:

I understand that Celebrity's goal is to increase the bottom line for their shareholders. However, I fail to see how pi$$ing off your long time loyal passengers is going to help with achieving that. It costs more to attract a new customer than to keep an existing one.

That is for Celebrity to decide. You failed to tell me what cruise lines give advance notice to their bookings of minor changes in their amenities.

Not quite sure why anyone would care if we complain about not getting something that was included in our cruise fare!.....or expect explanations of why we feel that way..... CC is here to compare notes and thoughts!

Bottom line : 4 cruises booked ahead in AQ..3 of which include water delivery among other perks in our pricing

if your deal included x dollars in OBC and tbey reneged.? You might say unfair!

Removing AQ from our bookings was UNFAIR! X realized that when they did that to suites re specialty dining.and reversed course after protests!

Not quite sure why anyone would care if we complain about not getting something that was included in our cruise fare!.....or expect explanations of why we feel that way..... CC is here to compare notes and thoughts!

Bottom line : 4 cruises booked ahead in AQ..3 of which include water delivery among other perks in our pricing

if your deal included x dollars in OBC and tbey reneged.? You might say unfair!

Removing AQ from our bookings was UNFAIR! X realized that when they did that to suites re specialty dining.and reversed course after protests!

The majority of CC posters understand why we who usually book Aqua Class are very disappointed about the removal of bottled water which was an included perk when booking Aqua Class. Guess this poster who keeps stirring the pot against the people who simply want what they paid for at booking has their reasons??