New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

The majority of CC posters understand why we who usually book Aqua Class are very disappointed about the removal of bottled water which was an included perk when booking Aqua Class. Guess this poster who keeps stirring the pot against the people who simply want what they paid for at booking has their reasons??

I guess you would be referring to me. If you don't like the changes to Aqua class, then cancel your cruise, or book a different category (Aqua class and veranda class have essentially the same stateroom layout), or switch to a different cruise line. My reasons are the constant complaining about circumstances that are under the control of the complainer. If you don't like the changes, cancel your cruise and get on with your life. If you are within the 75 day cancellation with penalty period, I have always found a peasant, non-confrontational phone call to Customer Service or the Hotel Director on board has ALWAYS resolved any issues to my satisfaction.

Why accuse me of stirring the pot when you are the one who is doing the stirring?

Really? So if we simply ask on board for our daily water they will just bring it to us, and not quote "company policy"?

Why didn't we all think of that?

And a question for you...if you don't like reading about us complaining, why keep reading this thread?

Really? So if we simply ask on board for our daily water they will just bring it to us, and not quote "company policy"?

Why didn't we all think of that?

I don't know, you tell me, why didn't you?

And a question for you...if you don't like reading about us complaining, why keep reading this thread?

Only for balance which obviously is not welcome here. And a question for you, if you don't like my viewpoint why keep reading my posts? You always have the option of putting me on "ignore." You have options both on CC and cruise lines. Really, if you no longer read my posts or no longer book on Celebrity, it is not going to matter in the long run. Just do what you need to do and get on with your life.

Edited by El Crucero

I don't know, you tell me, why didn't you?

Only for balance which obviously is not welcome here. And a question for you, if you don't like my viewpoint why keep reading my posts? You always have the option of putting me on "ignore." You have options both on CC and cruise lines. Really, if you no longer read my posts or no longer book on Celebrity, it is not going to matter in the long run. Just do what you need to do and get on with your life.

You seem to be in the minority here supporting these changes which no doubt help make the Cruise Line more profitable - yet walk all over consumers rights / expectations - you're not a shareholder in Celebrity or Royal Caribbean are you?

I "didn't" simply ask for the water because I haven't sailed yet under the new rules.

If daily complimentary bottled water is important to you in Aqua class, I advise you to search for other cruise lines that provide it.

What specifically have you asked for that had been discontinued/no longer provided that you received?

Fresh flower bouquet was listed as an amenity for Concierge and higher staterooms, when I signed up for the cruise and they were eliminated before my sailing. Yeah, I know I "paid" for them but I wasn't going to let that ruin my cruise. The second day of the cruise I spied the Hotel Director, Jamie from England, making his rounds. I approached him, introduced myself, shot the breeze with him about mundane matters and had a few laughs. He finally asked me what I liked about Celebrity and I told him, EVERYTHING, but my wife was disappointed that we no longer had fresh flowers in our stateroom. He said, it is not good to have a disappointed wife! I said, yes, I learned that long ago on my wedding night! :p We both had a good hearty laugh and parted ways. The next day, we had a beautiful big bouquet waiting in our stateroom for us after lunch compliments of Jamie (I hope no one from Celebrity corporate is reading this and Jamie would lose his job! he is the BEST) ;) Oh the story gets better! We would often run into Jamie, his beautiful wife, and two well behaved children (who were traveling with him on this TA back to England). I asked his wife if she had ever been disappointed in Jamie. She said, NEVER! I gave Jamie a wink, he giggled, and we kept the joke to ourselves. :D

While it does seem cheap, I wonder if somebody did some analysis on how many open bottles that were wasted. If they found that a majority of the bottles were cracked and not really used or perhaps never opened maybe they felt it wasn't a value add.

Or more likely, they'd rather upset some repeat cruisers because by eliminating $0.30 worth of wholesale per day, they make $4-$8 retail at a bar.

They could just call it Blu Class now, since that's the only "perk" over CC. I put perk in quotes because I much preferred the MDR on my second cruise in CC over the first in AQ.

We have 3 AQ cruises currently booked under original amenities list (Equinox, Connie, Equinox, again) and also recently booked 2018 on Silhouette under the stripped down amenities list .

hoping to find it still worth the cost or we may drop down to a regular balcony...saves alot!

I guess you would be referring to me. If you don't like the changes to Aqua class, then cancel your cruise, or book a different category (Aqua class and veranda class have essentially the same stateroom layout), or switch to a different cruise line. My reasons are the constant complaining about circumstances that are under the control of the complainer. If you don't like the changes, cancel your cruise and get on with your life. If you are within the 75 day cancellation with penalty period, I have always found a peasant, non-confrontational phone call to Customer Service or the Hotel Director on board has ALWAYS resolved any issues to my satisfaction.

Why accuse me of stirring the pot when you are the one who is doing the stirring?

Some of us unfortunately cannot cancel. My cruise is next week. It isn't the water, it is the principle. They could next say, "Blu has a $20 pp fee. ". Changes in benefits after they have been promised, is not the right thing to do, for any company.thats what makes it a big deal. Wish I could take your advice and cancel.

I have an AQ1 booked Feb 2016 and one more booked Celebrity cruise. However I booked AZ for our second 2017 cruise and now I'm shopping a January 2018 AZ cruise. I realize it's still RCL but I'll also consider Oceania or a river cruise. I don't like the fact that I booked with specific perks that are taken away before I sail. It's the principal. I won't call and complain. I'll let someone else take the X cabin I would have had. I'm voting with my feet.

I'm not thrilled with the way X has been drumming down the experience to a more mass cruise line instead of enhancing it. On my last cruise the food was horrible in the MDR, pool grill AND buffet, two mid ship elevators didn't work the whole cruise and other things I don't need to elaborate on.

BTW I do own RCL and CCL stock and am happy with the returns. I just don't have to cruise them to own the stock as investments.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I agree with you. If someone doesn't like a product, switch to a different product and get on with your life. I'm not sure what people hope to accomplish by complaining on an Internet forum.

You know what I enjoy most about those who disagree with someones opinion, they bash them as negative with their position being the answer. People who pay their hard earned money for a product should be able to say what they like or dislike as a matter of opinion. I think many cruisers in the

aqua class are dissatisfied with the direction Celebrity is taking cutting product or service. We know we have alternatives and can take our business elsewhere. I believe we should productively let Celebrity Executives know what concerns us. They are in business

to make money. Most customers want to save money, me included. Most Aqua class people I spoke with on the cruise just completed were surprised and angered about the water bottle issue. It made no difference to some whether they had the beverage package or not.

Are the spa's no longer called Aqua Spas? If so then the name for the Spa class cabins do not need to be renamed.

I'd guess the reason for ending the free bottled water has as much to do about waste and waste disposal (recycling) as it is the cost of the water itself. Not to mention the time and labor to load it and the space to store it aboard.

I was thinking the same thing about the waste angle, I'll bet it's about waste. What they should do is put two souvenir, reusable/refillable water bottles in each aqua room, with a big 'X' on them and of course they need to be that special dark blue. I know in the US national parks they are making a big push to get people to stop using plastic throw away water bottles because of waste and are providing more places to fill up reusable water bottles. The trash is a serious cost issue for them.

Edited by rmalbers

Doubt it's for environmental reasons b/c the posting by Celebrty official told everyone they could buy a package that incudes water in bottles.

Motivator seems to be making money.

refillable water bottles we use at the gym at home and the metal ones we use for biking have to be sterilized..not a great idea to just refill water btls...

Where would you refill a water bottle? They don't allow you to do it from the water dispenser in the buffet, and I'm not crazy about the idea of drinking bathroom sink water.
We refill our water pitcher at a filtered water dispenser in the buffet.

Then we use the water pitcher to refill our water bottles.

But that's an idea...right now in AQ that pitcher is filled with tea we don't drink. Back in Concierge Class, that pitcher was always filled with water.

I wonder if they are telling the AQ room stewards to not give you water instead of tea in the pitchers, too, to further force you to buy water?

But that's an idea...right now in AQ that pitcher is filled with tea we don't drink. Back in Concierge Class, that pitcher was always filled with water.

I wonder if they are telling the AQ room stewards to not give you water instead of tea in the pitchers, too, to further force you to buy water?

To my recollection they have always filled those pitchers with various teas (they rotate the flavors day to day) in Aqua. I suppose you can tell your steward you prefer water and he/she would probably just fill it at the bathroom tap (we think the tap water is perfectly fine). As I mentioned in an earlier post, we did get our "revenge" on "Lisa" with our reaction to the lack of bottled water in Aqua. While that cheap no-name bottled stuff was perfectly fine with DW and moi, the lack of it was not fine. Since we had the premium drink package we made a habit out of stocking up on much more expensive waters such as Evian, Pelligrino, and Perrier. And I even used this stuff to brush my teeth (out of spite). If "Lisa" is happy with us using more expensive products we aim to please.

Hank

In the quantities that X buys this "non-premium" water they have now cancelled, what we are talking about here is a savings of about $1-2 at most for a 7-10 day cruise. Even when you multiply that by the total number of AQ Class cabins, the savings is minimal compared to the increases in cruise prices they have started.

THAT is MODERN LUXURY???:confused:

Sorry, but I think this threat is on the petty side. As you say the cost of the water is small. Also, for the occupant. You can bring your own case of water if you don't drink the perfectly safe tap water on the ship.

To my recollection they have always filled those pitchers with various teas (they rotate the flavors day to day) in Aqua. I suppose you can tell your steward you prefer water and he/she would probably just fill it at the bathroom tap (we think the tap water is perfectly fine). As I mentioned in an earlier post, we did get our "revenge" on "Lisa" with our reaction to the lack of bottled water in Aqua. While that cheap no-name bottled stuff was perfectly fine with DW and moi, the lack of it was not fine. Since we had the premium drink package we made a habit out of stocking up on much more expensive waters such as Evian, Pelligrino, and Perrier. And I even used this stuff to brush my teeth (out of spite). If "Lisa" is happy with us using more expensive products we aim to please.

Hank

That is hilarious! ...and you make a good point!

Simple, then stop complaining and switch to a different cruise line. I think you will accomplish more by voting with your dollars than complaining on Cruise Critic. I PAID FOR that "fresh squeezed orange juice" at the hotel breakfast that they eliminated after my booking and failed to notify me or offer me a refund. I am tired of that hotel chain nickel and diming me so I switched to a different chain (which costs me more and still no fresh squeezed orange juice). But hey, I showed that original hotel chain. :rolleyes:

That is for Celebrity to decide. You failed to tell me what cruise lines give advance notice to their bookings of minor changes in their amenities.

1) If reading complaints bothers you, then perhaps you shouldn't have clicked on this thread or should have stopped reading after the first few posts.

2) I've already voted with my dollars by cancelling one cruise and not booking any future ones.

3) I have never seen a hotel advertise the specific items that are being offered at a breakfast. If they advertise breakfast, they offer a breakfast. Celebrity advertised bottled water, and are now not offering it. Two different scenarios.

4) I don't cruise on all the other lines. If you want to know about their policies, research them yourself.

While you may like this change, not everyone is going to agree with you.

A case of bottled water at Costco comes out to approx. .12 cents per bottle. How cheap can you get. My AQ cabin this year is costing me $1,000. extra. How much water can I buy for that ????

Little by little they are taking away all the stuff that made Celebrity stand out from the rest of the mainstream. It's no wonder people are moving away from them. I hope they are reading all these boards at headquarters.

Try buying Pellegrino or Fiji water for .12 per bottle! I triple dog dare you!:D