I must SHARE this with you!

cruisequeen4ever

Merry Cruise-mas from the gorgeous Emerald Princess! I'm happy to report the ship is in spectacular condition post dry-dock! ALL beds were replaced with brand new plush pillow top beds! They showed a dry-dock documentary this morning detailing all of the work done; it was so fascinating! Tonight is opening night for SHARE, and we will be the FIRST pax to experience it! Final price: $39

We shall see if it's worth it! Off to the new shark trivia game show!

That's good to hear, however on another thread griller wrote:

On Emerald right now, Crown Grill still the same, we were 2 hours late leaving yesterday due to a freshwater problem, and lots of passengers including us have low water pressure and no hot water in our cabins, some passengers also have no AC.

There are still maintenance issues on the ship you'd think they would have fixed during a dry dock, like totally loose ceramic floor tiles on deck 15 in front of the food service areas. And elevator buttons that don't light up, just small things but annoying or dangerous.

Seems like two different views. Any experience with the issues above?

Thanks for checking in.

"Griller" on the same cruise is apparently having a totally different experience then you........

On Emerald right now, Crown Grill still the same, we were 2 hours late leaving yesterday due to a freshwater problem, and lots of passengers including us have low water pressure and no hot water in our cabins, some passengers also have no AC.

There are still maintenance issues on the ship you'd think they would have fixed during a dry dock, like totally loose ceramic floor tiles on deck 15 in front of the food service areas. And elevator buttons that don't light up, just small things but annoying or dangerous.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Merry Cruise-mas from the gorgeous Emerald Princess! I'm happy to report the ship is in spectacular condition post dry-dock! ALL beds were replaced with brand new plush pillow top beds! They showed a dry-dock documentary this morning detailing all of the work done; it was so fascinating! Tonight is opening night for SHARE, and we will be the FIRST pax to experience it! Final price: $39 We shall see if it's worth it! Off to the new shark trivia game show!

Thanks for your "live" and for letting us know the cost of SHARE!

Continue having a great cruise! :)

LuLu

Thanks for SHARE-ing...

$39:eek: Not for me. I'll give up my place to others who I am sure are lining up around the corner too get in. To each their own. Hope Princess makes a mint and slashes cabin fares:rolleyes:

Would you be able to provide some info on the gastro-pub? I am wondering especially how it has affected the Wheelhouse bar space. Are they sharing the space so that Wheelhouse bar is now smaller?

THX:)

That's good to hear, however on another thread griller wrote:

Seems like two different views. Any experience with the issues above?

Like everything else, there are multiple sides to the story.

I'll just have to see for myself.

If your cabin has water pressure, hot water & AC then everything is great.

If not you're trip can be miserably.

cruisequeen4ever...thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your SHARE experience...is it in the remodeled Sabatini's location? I received an email about videos promoting Curtis Stone & SHARE and he said that his version of the Chef's Table would be in the SHARE dining venue. If so on your cruise, it'd be good to know if the price has changed & how it affects the menu.

I haven't been impressed with the proposed menus shown in surveys nor on the Princess site. While $39 is better than $49 it's still not for me but hopefully it's good for you & other passengers.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Merry Cruise-mas from the gorgeous Emerald Princess! I'm happy to report the ship is in spectacular condition post dry-dock! ALL beds were replaced with brand new plush pillow top beds! They showed a dry-dock documentary this morning detailing all of the work done; it was so fascinating! Tonight is opening night for SHARE, and we will be the FIRST pax to experience it! Final price: $39

We shall see if it's worth it! Off to the new shark trivia game show!

Thanks for posting. Not to be weird but any chance you could post a pic of a mattress corner? I've had some bad bad bed experiences! Will be on emerald end of February and hoping maybe I won't need to haul bed toppers!!!

Sailing smoothly along...SHARE was of celebrity chef quality, however it was a one and done for us. We love Crown Grill and enjoyed Sabatini's, but SHARE is just too frou frou for us, and at the price point and with the limited menu, not worth it IMHO. Try it once; we are glad we experienced it. We had a gorgeous aft view with a window table, but the chairs were narrow and uncomfortable. The cushion slides around. The atmosphere was modern and fun. I recommend requesting a booth for comfort. The menu was a souvenir menu, so that was cool.

As Griller said, there was a water leak that delayed us. The water was temporarily shut off while they resolved it. Then, cold water was available while they worked on the hot water. We have not experienced any issues at all with our stateroom. We are from Alaska and get hot easily as a result; we have outstanding A/C and piping hot water. I have noticed only minor maintenance being done, nothing indicating the ship just came out of dry dock. I was pleasantly surprised that the work seemed fully completed when we boarded. Most carpet is new throughout, and many seats were reupholstered. The Christmas decor is beautiful, and the crew is all cheerful and enthusiastic. That sucks some other pax have had bad experiences! It can and does vary from person to person.

We are thrilled with our experience, but we do have our most fav cabin in the fleet, so I'm in paradise!

Time for the show; it's a Princess mainstay, I Got the Music, so nothing as exciting as Fiera but should still be fun with the newly installed light effects system.

Oh and...the Captain's Circle Party is Platinum and Elite only and will be held Thursday on a Smart Casual Sea Day. Tonight was Formal Night and the Champagne Waterfall with festive red champagne.

Thanks for posting your SHARE experience which seems to affirm my ideas about it. Instead of spending $78 for SHARE we'll go to the Crown Grill for a filet mignon and lobster tail dinner & get a bottle of wine for the same price. ;)

Buon Viaggio! :)

Edited by Astro Flyer