I must SHARE this with you!

cruisequeen4ever

Thanks so much for taking the time for the update! We will be on Emerald 1/23.

Did they change out the couch/loveseat in rooms? I know you said new carpet and BEDS!!!! YEAAAAAH!!!

Did they change out the TVs? We usually bring some movies and was wondering if we would still be able to hook up. No use bringing movies if we can't use them.

Thanks for sharing your report on the Emerald. The Ruby left drydock in Victoria, arrived Vancouver late last night and now is on her way south. I expect that many of the changes and upgrades done to the Emerald were also done to the Ruby which we will be joining early in January.

Thanks for sharing your report on the Emerald. The Ruby left drydock in Victoria, arrived Vancouver late last night and now is on her way south. I expect that many of the changes and upgrades done to the Emerald were also done to the Ruby which we will be joining early in January.

Hopefully, that includes the new mattresses. [emoji99]

I received this in a email from Princess yesterday.

*The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018).

Maybe only certain cabins have them now on the Emerald?

*The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018).

Interesting that Diamond isn't on the list, but Pacific that most thought would be gone by then is listed for May 2017

Thanks all for taking time to update on the changes. We will be on for 14 days in March and looking forward to it.

A question: can anyone tell us how the library is. Haven't been on Princess for a few years and don't remember it. We are readers and enjoy the kind of library that HAL has. Thanks.

I can say that two different cabins on Ruby on Emerald deck definitely have them as of this week and two weeks ago. They are exceptional; supportive but plush enough to not require an egg-crate for side sleepers.

The Internet is the best I've experienced at sea and comparable to land! [emoji106] There are Cisco wireless access points mounted on the ceilings throughout the ship, and they provide excellent coverage. It's also easier and faster to log on and off. The new Princess@Sea App is fantastic, too!

All 3,000 lower berth beds were replaced during drydock. They mentioned it during the drydock documentary, and it was fun watching the crew sliding the mattresses down the staircases from person to person.

Grand Turk was beautiful today and full of fun! We rode horses in the ocean and enjoyed margaritas at the swim up bar in Margaritaville.

Also of note, the Thermal Suite is in excellent condition and getting lots of use. $99 pp or $139 per couple for this 5 day segment.

Horizon Court, Prego, and the dining room have all been fantastic. The Carbonara tonight was the best I've had since the Regal last year!

Cruise Director Frank and Deputy Karen (they were also both on our Grand cruise last summer) have offered nonstop fun activities.

The pool band is Soul Rocker, and they're pretty weak, like they haven't been together very long. They would even start a song and stop as if they were just practicing. The best was Evolution last year on the Regal in the Med. The DJ is Layla, and she seems to be catering to the older crowd with blast from the past music; hopefully that will change when we go back to Skywalkers later in the cruise. The Steel Drum duo is fantastic! I hope steel drum lessons are offered next cruise; they haven't been on this cruise.

There's a nice mix of pax of all ages this cruise, and I'm sure that will continue for Christmas. No out of control children at all. One crew member referenced young vs experienced cruisers; excuse me...we are young AND experienced!

We received a "How can we improve" paper survey tonight; I like that. It shows that Princess wants immediate feedback to really make changes rather than wait for post-cruise feedback.

I think that's all for now.

The Emerald is truly a gem!

I'm sorry if I miss questions; ones that I catch, I will answer as time allows. Currently in Explorer's, and the seats are fine, can't tell if they're new. The TVs are flat panel but not On Demand. There is a USB port.

Thank you for answering. I just got an email from Princess about the new beds and sleep features they are offering. It said something that the room steward can adjust your room temperature for better sleep. Not sure what that means. Is there no longer a thermostat in the room? What if the balcony door is open, can you still have the air on?

Thank you for answering. I just got an email from Princess about the new beds and sleep features they are offering. It said something that the room steward can adjust your room temperature for better sleep. Not sure what that means. Is there no longer a thermostat in the room? What if the balcony door is open, can you still have the air on?

No, there's still a thermostat in the room!!!! You should check the Princess website for more information. I do believe the Emerald and Ruby both received the beds... in all cabins. Someone posted a link to the info on my thread... "New Beds."

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

No, there's still a thermostat in the room!!!! You should check the Princess website for more information. I do believe the Emerald and Ruby both received the beds... in all cabins. Someone posted a link to the info on my thread... "New Beds."

I sure hope there is a thermostat! The email I got was from Princess. It had about the beds and even putting lavender on the sheets if requested, eye masks for sleeping, CD with waves, TV with wave sounds, ear plugs, etc. It is free for the full suites but a charge if not in a full suite. It this area when I clicked on one of the boxes, it listed a bunch of stuff for each item, one was about the steward can adjust the temperature in your room for better sleep. Kinda freaked me out. I am going through menapause and will die if I don't have A/C. I am thinking of even bringing a fan!

I sure hope there is a thermostat! The email I got was from Princess. It had about the beds and even putting lavender on the sheets if requested, eye masks for sleeping, CD with waves, TV with wave sounds, ear plugs, etc. It is free for the full suites but a charge if not in a full suite. It this area when I clicked on one of the boxes, it listed a bunch of stuff for each item, one was about the steward can adjust the temperature in your room for better sleep. Kinda freaked me out. I am going through menapause and will die if I don't have A/C. I am thinking of even bringing a fan!

Just ask your steward not to mess with the A/C. Besides, it isn't necessary to buy the extra stuff!