New mattresses on the Freedom absolutely hard as a rock!

On a b2b, March 6 and 13...our bed was the most comfortable we have ever had. Slept like never before on a cruise. Already had a mattress topper on it before w arrived and it was heavenly. 7354.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

On a b2b, March 6 and 13...our bed was the most comfortable we have ever had. Slept like never before on a cruise. Already had a mattress topper on it before w arrived and it was heavenly. 7354.

Sock that one away in your memory banks cause from here on out it's Flintstones time.

How far ahead do you recommend emailing? And since I booked through a TA, do I need to have him do it? Thank you for the insight.

You can do it yourself. I'd send the email 3-4 weeks before the cruise.

On Enchantment now. Mattress is fine.

Glad to hear it. We board Enchantment on Monday.

We're parking at the pier for the first time, instead of using a hotel shuttle, so can you tell me what terminal you went out of. Our "abbreviated" Ticket Booklet refers us to the Port Directions page, which I just noticed is missing, and I don't want to bother our TA over the weekend for something that simple.

Thanks!

Margy

I was on the Freedom 2 weeks ago. The beds were fine. I was so worried after reading this thread, but had absolutely no problems. That said, I was worried, so I emailed RCCL about 6 weeks prior to our trip and asked for egg crate toppers on our bed. I pulled the covers back and sure enough we had the egg crate toppers on them when we arrived in the cabin. Not sure if it was because I had requested them or if that was the norm. We were on inside cabins on deck 8.

Glad to hear it. We board Enchantment on Monday.

We're parking at the pier for the first time, instead of using a hotel shuttle, so can you tell me what terminal you went out of. Our "abbreviated" Ticket Booklet refers us to the Port Directions page, which I just noticed is missing, and I don't want to bother our TA over the weekend for something that simple.

Thanks!

Margy

Terminal 1, right next to the Cove restaurants

why?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Many people reporting back from their cruises that new bed replacements are exceptionally firm. Jail-like, cement and Flintstones terms have been used to describe.

Many people reporting back from their cruises that new bed replacements are exceptionally firm. Jail-like, cement and Flintstones terms have been used to describe.

We had a great mattress on Freedom, but it was a JS with a new pillow top. No need for an egg crate

Sorry if it was already mentioned but the Brilliance had the new extra firm mattresses as well when we were onboard in Feb. Our room steward said they were new.

I am glad that I have already requested my topper!

Laying on our mattress in our Freedom cabin right now. Seems just right.

In just a regular room. Had requested a mattress topper before cruise. The bed was very satisfactory for us. Slept very well. [emoji106]🏻

Just off FOS yesterday. We were in deck 2 interior. It had the new mattress but also had a pretty thick egg crate topper already on it. The other 2 rooms my family had also had the same (ocean view rooms). We found them to be very comfortable. What we didn't like were the pillows! However, we asked our awesome steward for thicker, more puffy pillows and they were waiting on our bed for us that night :) All in all, great nights sleep, with the exception of the Alpha X 3 emergency in the middle of one of the nights.

PCJMOM

Was told egg crates discontinued due to bed bugs. Good reason, but horrible beds. I may have to look into bringing my own and leaving it as another suggested. They are so darn hard. Had one on Enchantment too. Not sure what they will do, but no bed bugs is good for me.