Constellation questions

Buster27

Sailing Celebrity for the 1st time. Taking the Constellation out of Ft.Lauderdale on Jan. 14th.

Can anyone give me advice on the best time to arrive at the pier .....late or early to avoid the long lines?

Does Celebrity provide robes in the cabins?

Where is the hairdryer located in the cabins? In the vanity/desk area or in the bathroom ?

THANKS SO MUCH

Sailing Celebrity for the 1st time. Taking the Constellation out of Ft.Lauderdale on Jan. 14th.

Can anyone give me advice on the best time to arrive at the pier .....late or early to avoid the long lines?

Where is the hairdryer located in the cabins? In the vanity/desk area or in the bathroom ?

THANKS SO MUCH

We cruise in balconies and robes are furnished. DW says hair dryers are in desk area in cabin.

We normally try to arrive for our cruises (unless notified otherwise) about noon time, so we can enjoy lunch at Bistro on 5.

If in Concierge or above you get a really nice robe. Veranda and below the robe is great if it is warm and you are under about 5'8".

I would arrive either early (10:30) - mid afternoon (1:00) or about 2 hours before sailing. Any of those historically has shorter lines. Hard to give anything more specific as higher status in CClub and some cabins have preferred boarding.

Do agree about liking lunch on board and relaxing a bit before sailing.

THANKS SO MUCH

For your specific sailing, check in is between 12:00pm to 3:00pm. We do provide robes and a hair dryer (in bathroom) in every stateroom. Enjoy your sailing!

THANKS SO MUCH

We will also be on this sailing - My husband and I. This is also our first Celebrity cruise. Curious to see how it compares to Disney/Royal and carnival!

Edited by summyjaye

Just got off a 5 day on the Connie. Personally I like to arrive around 1pm. I don't like schlepping any carry on while waiting for the mad clammor to get to our stateroom. We were in AQ the robes were in the closet and they fit my wife, not so swell for a 300 pound man :D

The hair dryer is in a draw on the side of the vanity/desk.

Enjoy the cruise

On the M-class ships, the hairdryer is in a desk drawer in the cabin. The former location of the hairdryer, in the bathroom, has been replaced by a rather nice nightlight/bit of art.

The robes are the waffle-weave sort, adequate but not generous, so if you're extra tall or extra wide, you might find them a bit skimpy.

We thought the food in the Bistro on 5 was excellent, and the service was outstanding, but the extra charge was $10 each, so we only went once. However, embarkation day would be a good time to try it and see what you think.

Edited by lisiamc

Also joining you on this cruise...doing a back to back, our first. I bring a small travel hair dryer because I do not like the dryers provided...I do not use the robes but they seem to be fine for sizes and comfort. We arrive early as we do not want to wait at the hotel, and we check all of our bags except the one with meds, jewelry and electronics...which is usually a small overnight bag. We also head right out to the aft dining area and begin our cruise with a glass of bubbly and some snacks from the buffet. Once the cabins open (around 1pm) we check out our digs and if luggage has arrived, quickly unpack. We note our muster station and do a quick tour of the ship. Arriving early for muster with a beverage in hand as they do not serve during the drill, and seating is often a premium, in other words...standing room only. I like to sit. It's my thing. We will make our way to our spot for sail away (I prefer the aft or my own balcony sipping our bottle of bubbly) but we might be inclined to check out the lively pool deck as we make our way down the River to our Ocean destiny. DH and I are very excited for this cruise as, in addition to the B2B, we are first time in Aqua rooms. Looking quite forward to Blu, but, we also love our specialty restaurants. Happy Sailing, and Happy Holidays...Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of hairdriers...the ones provided require you to hold down the switch to keep the drier on...which many find a PITA. You might want to bring your own hairdryer. The cabins have both 110V and 220V plugs.

Could anyone offer advice on the best way to get back to FLL from Port Everglades following the cruise? Taxi or should I arrange for a shuttle? Thanks.

I would choose a taxi. It's quick (a shuttle may wait till it's full) and shuttles charge per person taxi is for all passengers. The Connie usually docks at pier 4

near the pot exit so taxi to FLL is about $15-$18 +tip.

UBER or LYFT Cleaner rides

Just be advised that there is now and extra pickup fee for Uber or Lyft to pick up in Port Everglades. Personally, I would take a taxi as the rules on Uber and Lyft in Broward county seem to change at random. It's not worth saving maybe $5-7 for the risk.

http://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-back-in-broward-driver-info.40323/

We just returned from the Xmas sailing which was fabulous. I would take the taxi. We chose the Celebrity transfers which were a mistake. The taxi line was calm and moved well in contrast to a few years ago in Ft. Lauderdale where it was a mad house. The transfer was sloooow and we had to walk the farthest with our luggage. Their seemed to be problems between the police and the transfers. When we arrived, they made us wait and wait on the bus until we went to a spot they decided we should be in - about 5 feet away. It was in a word "stupid." There was a lot of confusion and time wasted both coming and going. All in all "take a taxi".

Agree with taxi advice...took celebrity offered shuttle once...never again, Uber is ok but taxi is better. DH and I have never skimped on our transfers to and from the ship...why stress something so simple but so important to begin and end a fine vacation. We have even taken limos on occasion if the ride is a long one (Seattle airport to downtown for example). The hair dryer is a pain, I have burned my hand on it trying to hold the button down, thus, the reason I bring my own.

Regarding Hair Dryers, I don't think you are allowed to bring your own. It's kind of like bringing an extension cord they are confiscated.

Don't think that is right my wife always takes hers no problem, Ladies mainly like there own hair-dryers. I always take a very short extension cord once again no problem.

Happy Sailing

Edited by snowyboy

Regarding Hair Dryers, I don't think you are allowed to bring your own. It's kind of like bringing an extension cord they are confiscated.

No security person who valued their life would try to confiscate my wife's hair dryer.....

It's never been a problem

Do any of you know how early we will be able to drop off our luggage? As it stands we need to return our rental car to the airport by 10:30am to avoid an extra fee. I was hoping we could drop the bags off between 10:00 and 10:15, then go to the rental center and return the car.

Do you think that would work, or is it too early to drop off the bags?

I picked up a tip here on CC. If you don't want to bring your own hairdryer, bring a sturdy rubber band to hold down the on button.

I tried that -- the button required much more force than my rubber band could muster. Next time I plan to bring a small hose clamp from the auto supply store (and a screwdriver).