P&O - Carnival, sharing personal details with Princess

6666oz

The shareholders benefit is something that has to be approved at each and every Annual General Meeting. (AGM) . A separate announcement is made each year as to whether or not it will be granted...So far as I know it always has been .:)

Yes, that is the case, which is why I caution people to look at the shares from an investment side of things, if it adds up then go for it.:D

Do RCCL give you benefit for Chandris cruises, as I cruised with them in 1969 to Southampton?

I am not sure about that but they may. As for RCCL share, they are doing really well (so well they are too rich for me) and the Shareholder benefits are not always combinable with other OBC so definitely an investment for the shares sake only.

Last cruise we were talking to a lady who was credited for 6 weeks when her family came to Aus by ship.

She needed to produce proof as records didn't go back that far, her dad had the receipt still.

As I did, I had my Commonwealth of Australia Migrant 'Document of Identity' to send to Princess as an 18 yr old migrant with 'Arrived in Sydney, 25.9.66 on Mv Castel Felice - Sitmar Line', written thereon, good for 49 days that one, a real bargain cruise, £10 and no tipping, LOL. Now with the 14 Princess and 4 P&O UK cruises, up to 402 days on Princess Captains Circle, in fact got the 'Black Card back in 2009 whilst on Sun Princess - circumnavigation of Australia.

Edited by NSWP

Perhaps you can organise a party of loyal CC friends to go with you at a family rate.;)

Could be arranged Mic. A Cruise Critic Antarctic Charter with Chimu, I like it. Might kick off the roll call early.

Go for it! Not to be missed, as your son has probably told you. I spent my big 70 on a unforgettable cruise to Falkland Islands, South Georgia Islands and Antarctica, my 7th continent. There were passengers older than me and all were very active. I can recommend the polar circle boats, with handles, on mv Fram, if you are worried about getting in to and out of the normal tenders, in rough conditions. BTW The staff on mv Fram were absolutely wonderful from assisting all passengers to informative educational lectures.

Like most who cruise to Antarctica, I want to go again!

Sounds like it was an adventure for you, we called into Ushuaia and Falklands last year on Golden Princess, BA to LA, but nothing like the real thing, was Drake Passage kind to you? I am starting to get into Antarctic mode already.

Edited by NSWP

As I did, I had my Commonwealth of Australia Migrant 'Document of Identity' to send to Princess as an 18 yr old migrant with 'Arrived in Sydney, 25.9.66 on Mv Castel Felice - Sitmar Line', written thereon, good for 49 days that one, a real bargain cruise, £10 and no tipping, LOL. Now with the 14 Princess and 4 P&O UK cruises, up to 402 days on Princess Captains Circle, in fact got the 'Black Card back in 2009 whilst on Sun Princess - circumnavigation of Australia.

Good one.:D

Sounds like it was an adventure for you, we called into Ushuaia and Falklands last year on Golden Princess, BA to LA, but nothing like the real thing, was Drake Passage kind to you? I am starting to get into Antarctic mode already.

We did the Antarctic on the Celebrity Infinity (no landings), it also got to Ushuaia and the Falklands. the Drake passage was okay but some thought it was a bit rough as evidenced by the MDR not being very full.:D

I sailed from Southampton to Melbourne on the Australis which was Chandris cruises! May try to claim those points!

I do not believe you will get it for Chandris. :)The reason Sitmar is counted is that P&O bought Sitmar in 1989, then Carnival took over P&O. Carnival does not have a historical connection to Chandris.

Planning is half the fun, with the anticipation of a cruise to Antarctica. We were lucky to have good weather and mainly smooth seas, however some people took preventative seasick medication. Drake Passage back wasn't rough, but, from memory, it was a bit rough from South Georgia Island to Antarctica.

I do not believe you will get it for Chandris. :)The reason Sitmar is counted is that P&O bought Sitmar in 1989, then Carnival took over P&O. Carnival does not have a historical connection to Chandris.

Chandris became Celebrity so it would be a claim for Celebrity points.

Chandris became Celebrity so it would be a claim for Celebrity points.

Thanks for that info MicCanberra.

Might give it a try, will have to visit the Immigration museum in Melbourne to get the evidence as we were £10 poms!

Still have nightmares of six of us in a family cabin and having to help my mother every day with the family laundry. I always use the laundry service now!

Thanks for that info MicCanberra.

Might give it a try, will have to visit the Immigration museum in Melbourne to get the evidence as we were £10 poms!

Still have nightmares of six of us in a family cabin and having to help my mother every day with the family laundry. I always use the laundry service now!

No worries, just note that I have no idea whether they would recognise your Chandris cruise. I was just clarifying that if any company did honour it, it is most likely Celebrity.

I sailed from Southampton to Melbourne on the Australis which was Chandris cruises! May try to claim those points!

We sailed from Sydney to Southampton on the Australis in 1967 and Celebrity awarded us points initially, but later withdrew them!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I would be interested to hear how you fair;)

We are sailing Princess for the first time, our previous P&O and Celebrity cruises were added to make our status Gold instead of Blue.

Beg to differ, but your Celebrity cruise(s) won't go on your Princess Captains Circle account, different company.