how do you determine your muster station?

TnTWalter

trying to figure out which ice show i will be assigned to. Thanks.

Your post has me a little confused, is there an autocorrect issue? Muster stations are based on what cabin you are in and while not normal, they can change if a particular life boat is out of commission which rarely happens. The Muster station will be on your Sea Pass card and on the inside of your cabin door.

A few ships don't do tickets. They use muster stations to tell you which ice show to attend.

That's a new one to me, not doubting whatsoever, in fact I like learning something new when I thought I knew it all.

Your post has me a little confused, is there an autocorrect issue? Muster stations are based on what cabin you are in and while not normal, they can change if a particular life boat is out of commission which rarely happens. The Muster station will be on your Sea Pass card and on the inside of your cabin door.

Ice shows are based on muster station on some ships, Like Liberty. there will be 4 shows over the course of the week, usually 2 the second or third day and the last 2 the final day before returning.

if you are at Muster Station X, you are supposed to go to the ice show on Day Y and Time Z.

if there are any leftover seats about 5-10 minutes before the show starts, they let 'standby' in.

Similar question-- How do you find your muster station in advance? Is their a website to put in your ship and cabin number?

This subject has come up before and the answer is no, but the reasonable speculation is the cruise line wouldn't want it out there. They want you to make note of this when you board and before the first day muster. They can also change periodically. I forget what ship it was, but a big wave put one lifeboat out of commission for a couple of cruises and those cabin/cruisers had to be re-assigned for a couple of weeks.

That's a new one to me, not doubting whatsoever, in fact I like learning something new when I thought I knew it all.

we ran into a few people who pitched a fit about their assigned time. but when we attended there were a LOT of empty seats, albeit not at the best vantage point. the Compass did not really explain that standby was an option, however the SB was pretty long. and this was at the first show scheduled. we got a separate card in your stateroom letting us know what show we were scheduled for. no idea if only suites get that or not.

I was also told by a few Pinnacle that if you have a Gold Card it don't matter when your assigned time is, you can go to any(all) shows and they won't turn you away.

I only needed to see it once so I never tested that theory. the one on LIB is different than the NAV one but equally as enjoyable.

I was also told by a few Pinnacle that if you have a Gold Card it don't matter when your assigned time is, you can go to any(all) shows and they won't turn you away.

That makes sense, as they were using that system on Oasis in May. We did not need any reservations, and we could repeat any show (except comedy).

I also learned something, never knew Ice Shows were assigned a Muster Station. I don't know of a way to know your muster station prior to boarding. A General Rull is if your cabin is Port Side mid ship then you will be assigned a life boat on the Port side. For example, our cabin on the Serenade was 1040 Portside and we went to Station C, # 5. In fact it seems we have always gone to Station C but a differant #.

Trish, if your children are not near your cabin then they could be assigned a different Station.

Bill wasn't the ship that got the lifeboats damaged, the Explorer.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

trying to figure out which ice show i will be assigned to. Thanks.

In September Liberty used first come, first served; no tickets or muster station splits. A couple of years ago I remember a ship (not Liberty) used odd-even Muster stations.

Enjoy your cruise.

In September Liberty used first come, first served; no tickets or muster station splits. A couple of years ago I remember a ship (not Liberty) used odd-even Muster stations.

Enjoy your cruise.

You reminded me, that is the way it was on Freedom. We had booked a show in advance and then gotten an email saying they switched it to first come/served.

If you are on a ship with the muster station assigned ice shows and you are with another couple that have a different muster station and they are assigned a different night than yours is there anyway to see the show together?

Would one of us have to be in the standby line and hope to get in? I guess one couple would have to save seats as well which wouldn't go over well in some cases.

Bill

I was wondering if it was something that you could know in advance or not.

Bummer.

Yes, according to the Nov 29, 2015 Liberty Compass the ice shows were based on muster stations....so I was curious what show my cabin would be assigned to. Our kids are in our cabin.

Thanks.

Trish

Basically, if you have to muster, you will need to put on the ice skates provided. Then, you will make your way to the pool deck. If you need to evacuate, you will jump into the pool with your ice skates on. Thus, you will be saved from the collision with the iceberg.

This subject has come up before and the answer is no, but the reasonable speculation is the cruise line wouldn't want it out there. They want you to make note of this when you board and before the first day muster. They can also change periodically. I forget what ship it was, but a big wave put one lifeboat out of commission for a couple of cruises and those cabin/cruisers had to be re-assigned for a couple of weeks.

Not quite accurate.

That was MY cruise, MY ship and MY lifeboat. :D

We were NOT re-assigned to a different muster station.

Captain Rick just announced a general reassurance that there was plenty of room in the remaining lifeboats for the displaced guests, if the need arose.

Needless to say, it did not. ;)

IMG_1189_zpskca8mwjd.jpg