RCL stock tops $100

emileg

WOW.....I remember at one time their stock was about 6.00 per share.

I bought it then just for the OBC that came with owning 100 shares (from memory) I sold it when it got back to arounr $45 and it paid for an entire cruise. I can't remember if it was my 09 Navigator cruise, or my '10 Majesty cruise, so it must have been around that time.

I am pretty happy about that! RCL is clearly doing something right - and heck, I like them! A coworker had recommended I look into their stock since I cruise with them so often and she mentioned the benefit of the "shareholders benefit". I liked having that as it frees me from being concerned about booking a cruise myself or using a TA. I can basically choose which benefit I want to take advantage of - so for that reason - the shareholder benefit has served me well. But even more important than that is that I just purchased this stock a few months ago and have a 41% return on investment!

I am one happy cruiser.

RCL must be doing something right, profiting from low oil prices, or both. Last check $100.54. Not to shabby from my initial investment when the stock was at $23.90.

I can't sell now, I bought 110 shares in 2008 at $8 per share. But now, there are many times i've been denied my shareholder OBC because RCI says I've already gotten a discount (D+ discount) for my balcony, or I booked my interior during a Going, going, gone sale, or BOGOH.

I can't sell now, I bought 110 shares in 2008 at $8 per share. But now, there are many times i've been denied my shareholder OBC because RCI says I've already gotten a discount (D+ discount) for my balcony, or I booked my interior during a Going, going, gone sale, or BOGOH.

Why can't you sell now?

Do you think that people that buy stock don't know how it works?

You can answer that for yourself, I know the answer

Did you sell to get your 41% return? If not then it's 0

Or are you using your 41% to buy on margin

Edited by setsail

WOW.....I remember at one time their stock was about 6.00 per share.

That was in March of 2009. I just happened to be on a Jewel of the Seas Panama Canal at the time and met some people who told me about the Stockholder benefit at the time, and told me I would make back my investment in no time with the current stock prices. It was below 6.00 when I was on the ship. In all the C&A events all they could talk about was how RCCL will survive this.

When I got off the boat I immediately bought 500 shares just to get some stockholder benefit. I sold half when it hit in the 40's and held onto the other half. The best stock pick I have ever had. I only wish all my stock picks went this well. LOL.