Doing a b2b and your thoughts

NOSaints1

I'm actually surprised DH agreed to 29 days on a cruise ship! Fortunately we have friends coming up from Australia to cruise the first leg of the cruise with us and then our daughter and three more friends will be joining us in Hawaii. We loved the South Pacific and seeing it with our daughter will make it extra special!

Indeed it will....congrats and enjoy!! :D

So never done one, but just wondering how many have you done one, your thoughts, what ship did you do it on, do they do anything for you special and how it all works and where did you go?

We've done it many times, on many ships, a triple B2B2B on Majesty, B2B on Monarch, Grandeur, Radiance, Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty, etc..

All will take care of you between cruises, while others leave, even excursions at some ports, the biggest/best suggestion we would make is get the same cabin for each trip that way there's no packing and moving!

Have fun, we don't do anymore cruises less then 10 days now, so its either a 10 day or more, or B2B's! Luckily we're retired so we have the time!:D

On your second leg you get a new card, get your drink package do you still have to recheck in as if it was your 1st cruise, redo the muster drill?

Yes, everything resets as if it is a new cruise. The one plus is that you can taek 2 bottles of wine on per each leg.

On your second leg you get a new card, get your drink package do you still have to recheck in as if it was your 1st cruise, redo the muster drill?

Muster: Yes, Check-in: No. You will get a new SeaPass card either the day before changeover, or during the changeover process. No standing in the check-in or boarding lines.

Even if money, vacations, and logistic were not a problem I don't see me myself doing a b2b. At the end of the week I just want to go home.

So far the longest cruise we have been able to take has been 8 days. I can't say that at the end of that cruise 'I just wanted to go home', so clearly for me, I would like more days onboard.

What is the longest cruise you have taken, I am just curious?

We haven't taken any longer than 7 days, I get two weeks off a year and I feel in 7 days I felt like it wasn't long enough

My husband has quite a few vacation and a few personal days to use during the year. But since he has to use quite a few of them when he takes off Jewish Holidays, we try to work our cruise trips (or any vacations) to include a legal holiday, which therefore saves him from using a vacation day.

That is why for us cruising over Thanksgiving works (he has off Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after), or over Presidents Week in February (this year we are going on the mid week Her Majesty of the Seas sailing. Both of these enable him to 'save' some vacation time.

I know that I want to try a 10 or 11 day sailing, but the calendar hasn't been very helpful for us to accomplish that.

My issue is more with flying. So many hassles these days...waiting time at airports etc that I feel the need to have longer vacations or longer cruises. If you cruise in Asia or Australia the flight there is a killer so with all the time lost on the plane plus jet lag less than three weeks including a longer 13 or 14 day cruise makes sense.

At one time we would fly to Europe for an extra long weekend or a 6 day cruise but no more.

My longest Cruise has been 17 days. I can easily see myself on a 30 day cruise but laundry would need to be included or at least self serve laundry and preferably all inclusive so you don't have to tote up the cost of water or wine. I had always thought of a world cruise when we retire but now I don't think I could stay on board for 90 or 100 days.

Last year I had booked our NZ & Transpacific on the Radiance then a few weeks later added the Hawaii to Vancouver, our first b2b and really enjoyed not having to pack and leave the ship. On my online check in I indicated we were Consecutive cruisers and notified our cabin steward and checked with Guest Relations to make sure they had us down. Since we were changing cabins, we packed everything from the drawers and everything was moved to the new room. In the future I will try and book us in the same cabin. Only reason we didn't stay in the JS for the Hawaii was cost. They wanted $2,000 more then what we had paid for the Transpacific.

So far the longest cruise we have been able to take has been 8 days. I can't say that at the end of that cruise 'I just wanted to go home', so clearly for me, I would like more days onboard.

What is the longest cruise you have taken, I am just curious?

A week and I'm ready to go home but if I take a 3 days or 5 days I want an extension but honestly after a week I'm more than ready to go home. Maybe I'm just tired of doing a lot onboard and ports