Allure NYE cruise, day 1, first impressions

Wipeout cafe for lunch the first day was a great idea. No crowds at all upon boarding and kid friendly foods.

Deck 14 forward was great for sailaway.

Giovanni's was excellent- great food and service-, but the kids got a little antsy sitting through a 2 hour meal after a day of excitement.

The Barbie stateroom package to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday was a HUGE hit. We'll worth $46.

The aqua theater show was AMAZING. Pleased everyone in our party from age 6 to 66.

The clientele on this cruise is by far the most "upperclass" I've ever seen,which is unsurprising given the premium rates. Lots of big family groups wearing matching t-shirts.

And.... the beds are perfectly comfortable in each of our 3 adjacent balcony cabins. While some cabins may have the newer Flintstone ones, we appear to have lucked out.

Room temp is a little warmer than I am used to, but not too bad. Brought a fan to help with circulation.

Janet, usually on Oasis class ships the first night the rooms are warmer as the ship is essentially "wide open" for loading. If all your rooms are still as warm the in next day and they are set at the same temperature check to see if the sliding balcony are locked. The AC will not run if the door handle is in the unlocked position. The other thing to do is put your hand under where the cold air is distributed. We have had it blow warmer than it should and called maintenance. It turned out that there was an electrical problems with our room's unit.

Hopefully your room will adjust today and all will be good. I'm glad to hear that you are having a good time so far.

Andrew

Wipeout cafe for lunch the first day was a great idea. No crowds at all upon boarding and kid friendly foods.

Giovanni's was excellent- great food and service-, but the kids got a little antsy sitting through a 2 hour meal after a day of excitement.

The Barbie stateroom package to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday was a HUGE hit. We'll worth $46.

The aqua theater show was AMAZING. Pleased everyone in our party from age 6 to 66.

The clientele on this cruise is by far the most "upperclass" I've ever seen,which is unsurprising given the premium rates. Lots of big family groups wearing matching t-shirts.

And.... the beds are perfectly comfortable in each of our 3 adjacent balcony cabins. While some cabins may have the newer Flintstone ones, we appear to have lucked out.

Room temp is a little warmer than I am used to, but not too bad. Brought a fan to help with circulation.

Janet, I am confused by this. (red) What do you mean? How can you "spot" someone as being "upperclass"? Do you mean because they have matching t-shirts? Please un-confuse me! ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Really looking forward to the Aqua show and others.

Can I ask..

1. What kind of foods are at Wipeout Cafe (kid and adult)? Sounds like it might be a good one as Park Cafe sounds like it's busy now upon boarding too.
  2. What is the barbie package? Never heard of it.

The first line was helpful, thanks! Wipeout was not open on the first day in 2011, but was in 2013, but I didn't know about it. Considering it for 2016 on Oasis.

Back to reading. Hope you have a great week.

Thanks for the suggestions on keeping the room cool. Didn't check to see whether the Master Switch was on.

The Barbie stateroom package can be purchased through gifts and gear. I did notice that the kids club was selling the package for a sale price of $28 on board, but since embarkation day was her birthday it was nice to have it already set up when we got there. She was thrilled. Basically, it's a pillow case, blankets, a barbie, Barbie clothes, lanyard and bag, etc and they put a sign outside the door.

By upperclass, I am designating that there are a lot of people wearing more expensive clothing, etc. I am attaching no further connotations.

Wipeout cafe had pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. It was the type of easy, kid friendly food we were looking for. Self serve from a buffet.