Live "Oasis Jan 2nd 2016"

whitshel

Sailing in 4 weeks and loving this soooo much!!! I know they're a total pain, but if you are able to post any Cruise Compasses from this itinerary that would be awesome! Have a great vacation and I look forward to cruising with you as we pack and plan for ours coming up! :D

Following! Have sailed Oasis twice and will be on Allure Jan 31st. You will have a great time. We liked the show Cats but must say we are cat and broadway lovers too, so that might be a big part of it. Like someone else said the 2nd part is better than the first so try to hang in there if you see it. So many ppl walk out early. Enjoy every moment!

Thanks so much for allowing us to cruise with you via the boards. My hubby and I just booked the exact itinerary last night before the sale was done. This will be his first RC cruise and he insisted on the "big" ships. I love cruising so I was excited no matter if it was the oasis or the life boat, LOL. I am starting my research and planning today and you are my first source. I have only taken RC out of Baltimore so I am in uber planning mode for hotel, etc...

Were they not showing it on the monitors hung from the ceiling that surround the ice rink?

Not sure what you mean - so maybe that means they fixed this after the refurb. There was just the one screen that I recall, and I could see nothing on it. Thought that something would show up when they were done, but that didn't happen. People in my section said the same thing - it was disappointing. But, sounds like they either added additional screens or was only an issue on my particular sailing.

Good morning eveyone. I'll try n get as many pics posted as possible this morning while the family is still sleeping and probably will be for a couple more hours. I am actually in line at guest services right now to fix my name, ya I tried to get the Internet package this morning and it kept saying it couldn't find my family name, what? I do have a difficult last name but i kept typing it in correctly. Went to the Diamond lounge to see if they could log me in and she said my last name is showing william, um that's my middle name. She said I better go to guest services and have it corrected otherwise I may have an issue getting off the ship. That's cool, I'll stay[emoji4]

Logged in with my name being william, and it worked great. I meant to get a screen shot but it does show the the regular price and then the discounted price with the coupon.

Quick recap of last night, dinner in 150CP then we went on to the oasis of dreams show. Dinner was very good but I don't think we would eat there again. Realky not or type of food [emoji4] don't hey me wrong, the halibut and short rib were awesome but really to us not worth the $40. Went in at 630pm and we're asking for our checks at 9pm. Service was great bit just to drawn out for us. Glad we tried it but Chops is more or cup of tea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry, here is the correct info for the dining package, and yes you can book it on the 1st day and choose which ever restaurant you want.

b0d6edeb42a533737defd2f6cf18ba2e.jpg

a4cda751690ae0b419bf2c05a7acadd0.jpg

Nice to see that they have reduced the prices and brought back the dining package after the Holiday cruises.

Thanks so much for doing this live review. DH and I will be going on this ship in Oct and its are first time on RCL. We splurged for a GS so thinking of only doing a 3 day dinner package since we'll have Costal Kitchen and MDR available. Would appreciate your views on this plan.

Whitshel, we enjoyed 150 as you did. It was a great experience but not exactly our style. Did you like the diving show? How about the diamond lounge?

Ya, like I said it was really good but we really don't drink wine and for our bang for the buck, just not worth it. The diving show, Oasis of dreams was awesome, better than I was expecting. I had no idea about the story line but just the acrobatics and diving on a ship was spectacular. Diamond lounge is really nice, I forgot the lady's name but she booked parasailing for us tomorrow, haven't had drinks there yet but did us my 3 and the wife's 3 coupons last night [emoji41]

can you please post pics of the boadwalk cabins inside and views as well.

I sure will, they are walking around but I did intend to get pics of both our rooms, plus we have 11726 which is the other configuration so I'll get some shots of that too

I sure will, they are walking around but I did intend to get pics of both our rooms, plus we have 11726 which is the other configuration so I'll get some shots of that too

thank you. what was the cabin number for the boardwalk cabin

Sailing in 4 weeks and loving this soooo much!!! I know they're a total pain, but if you are able to post any Cruise Compasses from this itinerary that would be awesome! Have a great vacation and I look forward to cruising with you as we pack and plan for ours coming up! :D

I will, probaby the front page and the planner. Unless you are looking for something specific. Most of it is a lot of ads.

As I'm reading I can see lots of auto corrected wrong words. Sorry again, looks like most of them tho you can figure out what the word was supposed to be.

No problem, it is not a big deal. Still enjoying the review and photos.:)

thank you. what was the cabin number for the boardwalk cabin

Actually I think we have the best one on the ship. 11729, 12729 looks like it has and obstructed view from the control room.

Ok, back to specialty dinning, I posted the package pricing and believe me they are all over you when you 1st get in the ship. So don't worry about prebooking. Plus we have a large group and could have gotten into any of them. So for the regular prices I went down its Morning and took some pics of the menus and prices. So chops- $39, 150CP-$40, Giovanni's table-$25 Izumi Hibachi-$30. So yes they are back to normal.

50c71dc2b6bbdc30d22a4854466aec29.jpg

a2b70f2ab2789af54fd2a778c55cd03e.jpg

af742029753e4136854135fa1bea2e76.jpgf7dd9d97e3877c669f641272569c6afc.jpg

This is vintages

Ok definitely our favorite! !

3ffcd86c716c14805abcb36bc01a4d29.jpg

My wife says we don't have to go anywhere else. These RB sandwiches are the bomb. Now I see why people say that. Plus the venue is really nice, salads made for you, paninnis, soup, fruit cups, pre-made salads. They are yummy!

1a6e7213839c457283462b7bc709f081.jpg

The meat is so tender, the bun crispy on the outside n fluffy on the inside, au jus and horseradish, un believable.

f604043bf200c745273aeb7f04485b4a.jpg

This is us after our RB on weck 😄

And also, no drink specials yet. I combed through the compass today and nada!! So a beer (michalob) in the can was $8ish plus my extra dollar tip was $9 something, ouch! It was really no different from the bar at the haytt but I can't afford to drink too much. Where's that 10 drinks for $75. 🍺