My Review of The Alluring Allure

myboo

Just back from the Allure (Christmas) cruise. Overall we had a tremendous time. I will say we are rather picky travelers - well, I am at least - hubby is more tolerant. That said, it was just the 2 of us and we both really enjoyed our week on this magnificent ship. Yes, it was a little crowded at times, but the ship is just a marvel and quite beautiful. Never really was bothered by the crowds too much - wasn't that bad.

Stateroom - we had an ocean-view balcony on deck 11. It was fine for the 2 of us - and the AC was good too (as long as we pulled down the handle on the sliding door - that kicks the AC to 'on'). The one negative was our room had an adjoining door with VERY noisy neighbors who had screaming kids. That was not so great, but our wonderful attendant brought us a fan and we were to block them out when we needed to. FABULOUS shower for such a small room - very impressed w/the water pressure! Also, I'm a total over-packer and managed to find enough places to put things -

Shows - the entertainment was just amazing. Truly first class. Saw several shows including Mama Mia, Blue Planet, the headliner (Jesse Hamilton - he was just fabulous), and the Aqua show. I cannot say enough good things about the performances - each of them was terrific and I am glad I saw them all.

Food - Windjammer buffet was fine - yes, it's crowded, but always could find a seat and something to eat. Just need to keep expectations reasonable. MDR was fine as well - nothing exceptional, but just fine. The specialty restaurants were another story - the ones we tried were Excellent! Sabor (Mexican) was outstanding - 150 Central Park also very good. Gionvanni's was nice as well. It's too bad all of the food couldn't be as good as they were.

VOOM internet - awesome!

Spa - fabulous massages!!

All in all - we hare a great time - feel free to let me know if questions.

We were on Oasis the week of Christmas and they had raised the prices of the specialty restaurants and drink packages. I was wondering if they did the same on the Allure?

well, we did not purchase a drink package (not big drinkers), but as I recall, I know at least one of the restaurants was $45 per person (not sure if that was Giovanni's or the other one). Sabor was a la cart pricing.

well, we did not purchase a drink package (not big drinkers), but as I recall, I know at least one of the restaurants was $45 per person (not sure if that was Giovanni's or the other one). Sabor was a la cart pricing.

That's what we paid for Chops which was $39 the week before. Thanks.

We're on Allure in a 8 days but who's counting-haha Thanks for your review.

Was shampoo, conditioner,and shower gel provided? Also was there a blow dryer.

There is a blow dryer in all staterooms on Royal ships.

Oh good...one less thing to bring. More room for shoes (don't tell my husband I said that-haha)

Some people say the hair dryer is not powerful enough. Also, it has a button that must be continuously depressed in order to stay on.

Some people say the hair dryer is not powerful enough. Also, it has a button that must be continuously depressed in order to stay on.

Exactly our sentiments....which is why we still bring our own more powerful model that leaves our finger uninjured from not needing to "hold" down the button....LOL!!

I have a ton of hair and yes, the dryer was a bit lame, but it was doable and saved me some weight in my suitcase. And yes, you had to hold down the power button, but it really wasn't a bit deal. As for the Sabor question, we had the tasting menu ($20) - it was a TON of food - truly good quality, great service, delicious.

Also - regarding the question on shampoo, etc., in the shower, it had one unit with a "2 in 1' shampoo/bath gel item - not sure what it was exactly. I have to travel with an army of hair products, so didn't really use it. I do believe they also supplied some small bars of soap as well. But in terms of toiletries, let's just say the regular rooms don't include many!!

Also - regarding the question on shampoo, etc., in the shower, it had one unit with a "2 in 1' shampoo/bath gel item - not sure what it was exactly. I have to travel with an army of hair products, so didn't really use it. I do believe they also supplied some small bars of soap as well. But in terms of toiletries, let's just say the regular rooms don't include many!!

Thanks for this info. I'll bring shower gel-something like the small size from Bath and BodyWorks. And my hair stuff.

I have a ton of hair and yes, the dryer was a bit lame, but it was doable and saved me some weight in my suitcase. And yes, you had to hold down the power button, but it really wasn't a bit deal. As for the Sabor question, we had the tasting menu ($20) - it was a TON of food - truly good quality, great service, delicious.

So, two people can order "one" of the samplers ???

I've been reading reviews and it seems there is quite a wait for the MTD at peak times. (which I know can happen). Were they bad? We have late seating right now and are wait listed for MTD. It feels to me if they are already having MTD full with a wait list it might be a nightmare trying to eat and get to the shows.