Diamond Status for companions?

Unless the C&A program changes, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle members will continue to have access to the Diamond Lounge.

So then the quote from the other member "D+ members will only have access to the DL." was incorrect. Thanks for the clarification. I guess you never know with all the current changes if RCI continues to test on cuts, and strictly go to the 3 drinks on the seapass card with D members.

The origional poster was correct. DP Members will only have access to the Diamond Club. This is the only lounge diamond plus can go to. I think you may have read it as ONLY diamond plus members will have access to the diamond lounge.:D

But yes, Unless something changes Diamond and Diamond Plus will have access to the Diamond Loounge

The origional poster was correct. DP Members will only have access to the Diamond Club. This is the only lounge diamond plus can go to. I think you may have read it as ONLY diamond plus members will have access to the diamond lounge.:D

But yes, Unless something changes Diamond and Diamond Plus will have access to the Diamond Loounge

O.K., got it. Thanks -Quoted from RCI website below....

The Concierge Club is an intimate, exclusive retreat available 24 hours a day for our guests in Grand Suites and higher accommodations, as well as Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Guests enjoy complimentary amenities like concierge service that tends to their needs, plus continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, evening bar and more.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=revitalizations_more&pagenameMain=revitalizations&discriminators=4#ALTwWjeGwy1LSSzZ.99

So then the quote from the other member "D+ members will only have access to the DL." was incorrect. Thanks for the clarification. I guess you never know with all the current changes if RCI continues to test on cuts, and strictly go to the 3 drinks on the seapass card with D members.

If you are referring to my post I indicated that I thought that the Diamond Lounge would be for D+ and Pinnacle, not just D+. I also expect that the CL will be accessible to suite guests and Pinnacle but that D+ will be eliminated. And to be clear my comments are only speculative at this point but it does seem to be headed that direction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

To be clear to everyone, the definite direction RCCL is going right now is having only a Suite lounge and a Diamond lounge. It already started with Oasis classes and now gradually moving to freedom classes starting with Liberty before going fleet wide soon.

Suite lounges are only for GS and above and Pinnacles

while the Diamond lounge is for D and D+

To prevent confusion, this is what is definite in terms of access, the rest are just pure speculations and have no basis.

Hope this clears things out in terms of what is concrete for RCCL's lounge access policy. We have nothing to gain here by confusing other readers of this forum with speculations.

Edited by roquejo

To be clear to everyone, the definite direction RCCL is going right now is having only a Suite lounge and a Diamond lounge. It already started with Oasis classes and now gradually moving to freedom classes starting with Liberty before going fleet wide soon.

Suite lounges are only for GS and above and Pinnacles

while the Diamond lounge is for D and D+

To prevent confusion, this is what is definite in terms of access, the rest are just pure speculations and have no basis.

Hope this clears things out in terms of what is concrete for RCCL's lounge access policy. We have nothing to gain here by confusing other readers of this forum with speculations.

Except that there is and will be a Concierge Lounge on most ships for the foreseeable future. D+, Pinnacle and full suite guests continue to have access to this area.

Except that there is and will be a Concierge Lounge on most ships for the foreseeable future. D+, Pinnacle and full suite guests continue to have access to this area.

Correct, currently there are 2 setups.

For those other ships that don't have a suite lounge, but have a concierge lounge e.g. all Voyager and Vision classes as of the moment.. and most Radiance classes as well.

The Concierge lounge are for GS and above suite guests, Pinnacles and D+'s

The Diamond lounge can be accessed by Pinnacles, D+'s and D's. Although in some Voyager class sailings, I have seen suite guests hanging out at the Diamond lounge instead of the Concierge lounge.. simply because of the views and depends on the discretion of the Diamond concierge staff.

Edited by roquejo

You know, one of the issues with crowding is the logistics of allowing people to choose where to go. Since pinnacles can go anywhere and D+ can choose on most of the ships, it can be difficult to balance the load. Maybe one day there will just be a suite lounge and a pinnacle lounge.

Cruising on Allure in August. I'm Diamond, but have traditionally cruised alone. Taking my gf and her four kids this time. We have two JS booked on the same reservation. Do my Diamond privileges extend just to my gf (same stateroom), or to her kids as well (connecting stateroom, same reservation)?

Just to state something that may or may not apply, but two people who share an address can link their status. I can't remember if RCI uses "domestic partner" language in their description, but marriage isn't required.

Only mentioning it as "taking my gf" could be anything from best friend who's female to someone in a long term, live-in relationship. The latter would be able to get your status; uncertain about dependent children in that relationship.

My take on this as the first step to solve overcrowding is instead of kicking out the Diamonds from the DL, because it has been earned.

It might be more reasonable that when children reach the age of majority (18 or 21), they will no longer have the status of their parents but will now be based on their actual points.. this is more fair.

Not sure how many lifetime Diamonds we have that are less than 80 points because they got it from their parents instead of actually earning it.

Extending to spouses or domestic partner for life is more reasonable as it is for companionship reasons.. while children when reaching the age of majority have their own life/activities on the ship while their parents hang out in the lounge.

Can anyone confirm the official line for children being in the diamond lounge in the evening. My nieces (12 &14) became diamond prior to our Anthem Transatlantic last year but we were told no children in the lounge at night. I wasn't sure if this was across the fleet or only because it was a busy diamond event. They are well behaved children so not the case of them running about, would just like to know for future cruises as I enjoy going into the lounge as you are more inclined to meet the same people every night. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone confirm the official line for children being in the diamond lounge in the evening. My nieces (12 &14) became diamond prior to our Anthem Transatlantic last year but we were told no children in the lounge at night. I wasn't sure if this was across the fleet or only because it was a busy diamond event. They are well behaved children so not the case of them running about, would just like to know for future cruises as I enjoy going into the lounge as you are more inclined to meet the same people every night. Thanks in advance.

While there have been exceptions, children under the drinking age determined by the base country of that cruise are not permitted in the Diamond Lounge during the cocktail hours, regardless of their individual C & A status.

The Concierge Lounge, however, does permit suite guests open access regardless of age. This is due primarily as the CL is a perk associated with all guests who purchased a suite and is only valid with that cruise.

We have found that it varies by ship, concierge and sailing. On Enchantment there was no mention of kids being excluded in the letter we received. On the Oasis the letter we received did state no kids, howeve onour sailing there were so few Diamonds and above that kids were allowed as the lounge was never close to full.

Every in-room letter concerning DL access that I have seen, says no one under 18 in the DL during Happy Hours. The vast majority of these sailings have had the no alcohol under 21 policy. Go figure:confused:

In practice many DL concierges only try to enforce no one under 18 if

a) the Lounge is full (which it often is) or

b) the kids are brattier than the adults (sometimes true, sometimes not:cool:).

Thom

...It might be more reasonable that when children reach the age of majority (18 or 21), they will no longer have the status of their parents but will now be based on their actual points.. this is more fair.

Not sure how many lifetime Diamonds we have that are less than 80 points because they got it from their parents instead of actually earning it.

Extending to spouses or domestic partner for life is more reasonable as it is for companionship reasons.. while children when reaching the age of majority have their own life/activities on the ship while their parents hang out in the lounge.

IMO it is more reasonable to not give ANYONE permanent (or semi-permanent) status based on someone else's status. I think that Celebrity's status extension to your cabinmate for that cruise only makes much more sense. I have heard of an extreme example where a granddaughter (living with her grandparents) got D+ status, which her new husband then got, and after their divorce passed to HIS new wife and in turn to his father-in-law who moved in with them. And RCI still hasn't figured out why the DL is so crowded:rolleyes:.

Currently I am looking for a widow with Pinnacle status. I promise to carry her bags if I can be her significant other living in the same household, thereby getting permanent Pinnacle status for myself. (I might even settle for a widower:cool:).

Thom

My take on this as the first step to solve overcrowding is instead of kicking out the Diamonds from the DL, because it has been earned.

It might be more reasonable that when children reach the age of majority (18 or 21), they will no longer have the status of their parents but will now be based on their actual points.. this is more fair.

Why should my kids-who went on every cruise with me that are now of age to have a drink in the lounge with me, rate less then someone who just got married/moved in with someone and never cruised at all rate any higher???

Nope-not buyin' that argument!! ;)

And yes, I have two sons that fit that bill so I do have a personal interest in that. I paid for years for them to cruise with us, heck-I still pay :o and now, they are of age for the entire family to sit down and have a drink together in the lounge. If a seat is to be had for a family......:p

...It might be more reasonable that when children reach the age of majority (18 or 21), they will no longer have the status of their parents but will now be based on their actual points.. this is more fair...
Why should my kids-who went on every cruise with me that are now of age to have a drink in the lounge with me, rate less then someone who just got married/moved in with someone and never cruised at all rate any higher???

Nope-not buyin' that argument!!...

If your kids went on those cruises didn't they earn actual points? Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that was my understanding. If so, what's your problem?

Nope-not buyin' that argument!! ;)

And yes, I have two sons that fit that bill so I do have a personal interest in that. I paid for years for them to cruise with us, heck-I still pay :o and now, they are of age for the entire family to sit down and have a drink together in the lounge. If a seat is to be had for a family......:p

What is your problem?

If your kids cruised with you all the time then they should have the same points with you..hence legitimate D or D+ based on points.

What we pertaining here are those who haven't reach the required points but just inherited their status from their parents.. like one extreme case I've read, an adult who is D+ but have only taken one cruise before as a kid.

Edited by roquejo

IMO it is more reasonable to not give ANYONE permanent (or semi-permanent) status based on someone else's status. I think that Celebrity's status extension to your cabinmate for that cruise only makes much more sense. I have heard of an extreme example where a granddaughter (living with her grandparents) got D+ status, which her new husband then got, and after their divorce passed to HIS new wife and in turn to his father-in-law who moved in with them. And RCI still hasn't figured out why the DL is so crowded:rolleyes:.

Currently I am looking for a widow with Pinnacle status. I promise to carry her bags if I can be her significant other living in the same household, thereby getting permanent Pinnacle status for myself. (I might even settle for a widower:cool:).

Thom

Pinnacle status cannot be inherited, only up to D+.

It is ok for Celebrity to extend some elite benefits like elite breakfast and happy hour benefits (but not elite coupons) to room mate as Celebrity doesn't have an exclusive lounge for elites unlike RCCL that can be crowded. What they have is like an exclusive Diamond event of RCCL called Elite cocktail hours in a specified venue. But if there are too many elites, then there is no elite event but just 3 drinks loaded into the elite's sea pass card for use during the elite cocktail hours.

Now you don't want RCCL to follow Celebrity's model of removing the lounge access for Diamonds and just have 3 drinks loaded into the sea pass card if the lounge became too crowded in the future.

Edited by roquejo

One of the women I cruise with is diamond plus. We all share a room, so my luggage tag says diamond because she books it. We are all able to get in the diamond line at the terminal.

Correct about the priority check in and luggage tags. But your sea pass card is not marked Diamond and you won't be able to access the Diamond lounge with your sea pass card. And the concierge do check your sea pass card especially during the happy hours.

Edited by roquejo

Pinnacle status cannot be inherited, only up to D+.

It is ok for Celebrity to extend some elite benefits like elite breakfast and happy hour benefits (but not elite coupons) to room mate as Celebrity doesn't have an exclusive lounge for elites unlike RCCL that can be crowded. What they have is like an exclusive Diamond event of RCCL called Elite cocktail hours in a specified venue. But if there are too many elites, then there is no elite event but just 3 drinks loaded into the elite's sea pass card for use during the elite cocktail hours.

Now you don't want RCCL to follow Celebrity's model of removing the lounge access for Diamonds and just have 3 drinks loaded into the sea pass card if the lounge became too crowded in the future.

Pinnacle transfers to spouses and significant others but is not passed down to children.

Maybe they need to have ships dedicated to diamonds and above only? It would solve the crowding issue, and then "the masses" could enjoy other ships without being blocked from Viking Crown and reserved seating in the windjammer that are usually empty, but "the masses" keep circling trying to find a seat. High levels could have a ship with all the perks, and other ships could have cruisers who are happy having the whole ship to wander around in. They could also CHARGE for appetizers in the bars, and I am sure many would BUY them, drink more (no drink pkgs.), and bring in extra revenue. Jmo