Diamond Status for companions?

Cruising on Allure in August. I'm Diamond, but have traditionally cruised alone. Taking my gf and her four kids this time. We have two JS booked on the same reservation. Do my Diamond privileges extend just to my gf (same stateroom), or to her kids as well (connecting stateroom, same reservation)?

Thanks. I couldn't remember. Not really a big deal anyhow. The only "perk" that ever appeals to me is priority boarding if there is a Diamond line at check in. But I don't usually find there to be much of a wait anyhow.

You do get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge and three free drinks at other bars nightly.

You do get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge and three free drinks at other bars nightly.

Yeah, but I already have a premium drink package, so that's no plus. And personally, I really don't care for the Diamond lounge. I spend about 120 days a year in airports, and the Diamond lounge feels like being in a Delta Sky Club. No thanks....

Yeah, but I already have a premium drink package, so that's no plus. And personally, I really don't care for the Diamond lounge. I spend about 120 days a year in airports, and the Diamond lounge feels like being in a Delta Sky Club. No thanks....

I love Delta Sky Club and Conceirge Lounge :P

I love Delta Sky Club and Conceirge Lounge :P

I love Delta Sky Club too. I love it when it's a brief respite from a chaotic noisy terminal prior to yet another flight. But, when I'm on board, and I can sit on my balcony, or at The Schooner Bar, or in the Solarium, or a myriad of other wonderful locations, the Diamond Lounge/ former Concierge Club on Oasis Class (and concierge lounge on Freedom Class- even worse- no windows), feels like a crowded Sky Club lounge, and reminds me of business travel....

I can't help it. I just don't see the appeal of that space, when there are so many other lovely venues on board.

I love Delta Sky Club too. I love it when it's a brief respite from a chaotic noisy terminal prior to yet another flight. But, when I'm on board, and I can sit on my balcony, or at The Schooner Bar, or in the Solarium, or a myriad of other wonderful locations, the Diamond Lounge/ former Concierge Club on Oasis Class (and concierge lounge on Freedom Class- even worse- no windows), feels like a crowded Sky Club lounge, and reminds me of business travel....

I can't help it. I just don't see the appeal of that space, when there are so many other lovely venues on board.

True the Concierge Lounge on Freedom and Voyager class ships leave a lot to be desired, but the Diamond Club on both classes are the best in the fleet IMO, and far nicer than the Concierge Lounges. Their location in the Viking Crown Lounge area with the floor to ceiling windows and outside deck area are very nice.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Cruising on Allure in August. I'm Diamond, but have traditionally cruised alone. Taking my gf and her four kids this time. We have two JS booked on the same reservation. Do my Diamond privileges extend just to my gf (same stateroom), or to her kids as well (connecting stateroom, same reservation)?

You should be able to use the Diamond check in line for everyone as long as YOU do the check in.

Just do the check in for your room, and the D should appear by your name and nothing by hers, but up by the room number there should be a D as well as long as you do the check in, and if the kids are minors they will have to check in with you so you should be fine.... ASLO.. If i remember right "SUITE" appears for junior suites, so you may all be faster to use the suite check it. Its been around a year since i've done a JS, so that may have changed?

As far as any other benefits onboard go, as others have said she will not have any Diamond perks on her card or access to the DL which doesn't sound like it is a big issue for you at all anyway.

True the Concierge Lounge on Freedom and Voyager class ships leave a lot to be desired, but the Diamond Club on both classes are the best in the fleet IMO, and far nicer than the Concierge Lounges. Their location in the Viking Crown Lounge area with the floor to ceiling windows and outside deck area are very nice.

It won't be that long before the CL on Freedom class ships will be a thing of the past.

they do not extend to ANYONE.

I agree, I won't book GSs on Freedom or Voyager anymore, CL is awful and a sardine can

It won't be that long before the CL on Freedom class ships will be a thing of the past.

What? Please elaborate.

... What? Please elaborate.

They are removing the CL on Liberty in a few weeks. They will install a Suite Lounge in the current Game and Card rooms up in Viking Crown. D+ members will only have access to the DL. The old CL becomes some sort of library/game room. I would expect the two other Freedom class ships to go the same way.

Edited by clarea

They are removing the CL on Liberty in a few weeks. They will install a Suite Lounge in the current Game and Card rooms up in Viking Crown. D+ members will only have access to the DL. The old CL becomes some sort of library/game room. I would expect the two other Freedom class ships to go the same way.

Bob is absolutely right. Independence will dry dock in 2017 and I'd expect the same. In fact, it will be interesting to see what the Jewel does with its new lounge as well when they move the CL to Deck 13. If It switches to the Suite Lounge, I would expect Radiance to rename theirs when it goes to dry dock a month later in May.

I do like the location of the new Suite Lounge though... WINDOWS compared to the CL of the current Voyager/Freedom Ships.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

... I do like the location of the new Suite Lounge though... WINDOWS compared to the CL of the current Voyager/Freedom Ships.

Yes, that will be a huge improvement over the current CL.

So then what will D regulars have access to? Nothing?

Unless the C&A program changes, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle members will continue to have access to the Diamond Lounge.

Edited by clarea

Well if the previous post is correct then D's will have the 3 drink vouchers but no Diamond Lounge. That unfortunately was the scenario I predicted when the drink vouchers first were announced with everyone saying how great they were.

With the overcrowding of the Diamond Lounges this would be a way to reduce the crowds. It was a "careful what you wish for" kind of a thing. The more the vouchers were accepted and rated as a positive thing the more likely it seemed to me that the Diamond Lounges would become exclusive to D+ and Pinnacle.

I also expect that D+ will be eliminated from the Concierge Lounges at some point.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Well if the previous post is correct then D's will have the 3 drink vouchers but no Diamond Lounge. That unfortunately was the scenario I predicted when the drink vouchers first were announced with everyone saying how great they were.

With the overcrowding of the Diamond Lounges this would be a way to reduce the crowds. It was a "careful what you wish for" kind of a thing. The more the vouchers were accepted and rated as a positive thing the more likely it seemed to me that the Diamond Lounges would become exclusive to D+ and Pinnacle.

I also expect that D+ will be eliminated from the Concierge Lounges at some point.

Regular Diamonds will still have access to the DL, at this time. Diamond Pluses are losing the CL.

What I foresee happening is that the Diamond Lounge will eventually become the Diamond Plus Lounge for D+'s and Pinnacles, and all of the Concierge Lounges will eventually become Suite Lounges, for Suite Guests and Pinnacles. At that point, the Diamonds will lose their lounge, and have the drink vouchers.