Port Everglades - New Record Yesterday.....

sail7seas

Sails!!!!

Wow I bet it was really crowded! I hate crowds especially when you are arriving by taxi, and luggage and check in!

Thanks for your post!

Denise:)

We were there that day, getting on the Nieuw Amsterdam. It was pretty darn busy. We waited nearly 20 minutes in line to get through the auto security checkpoint. I don't know what to compare it to, since we've never been to Port Everglades, but our driver remarked that it was as busy as he's ever seen it.

Umm.. According to the "SunSentinel" this record was set on Dec 20, 5 days before Christmas not yesterday.. The next busiest day is supposed to be this coming Sunday with 8 cruise ships & a ferry in port..

Edited by serendipity1499

I provided the link.

Take from it what you wish. :)

Regardless of who was first. Pretty awesome amount of passengers. Hope they don't try to break any records on our Maasdam cruise day in March!

Thanks,

Dan

They got close to the record on the 27th as well. Same number of ships, but fewer extra people in rooms. The difference was probably due to children traveling with their parents, pushing the occupancy further above double than normal. The Christmas week cruises would have been more in line with school holidays than the New Year's sailings.

They got close to the record on the 27th as well. Same number of ships, but fewer extra people in rooms. The difference was probably due to children traveling with their parents, pushing the occupancy further above double than normal. The Christmas week cruises would have been more in line with school holidays than the New Year's sailings.

There will be 8 ships I believe when we dock after our Nov. 23 Koningsdam cruise (so Dec. 2 or something, I forget the exact date we get back to FLL). Should be fun times at the Southwest security line for non PreCheckers!

Agree you did provide the link, but the title of your thread said something else:

Quote Port Everglades - New Record Yesterday..... Unquote

And that is the take away .....

Please excuse my mislabeling. My most humble apologies for any inconvenience or distress it caused anyone.

You didn't need to scream. :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

I was getting off the Nieuw Amsterdam that day heading to my hotel so I could watch the parade and embark the Zuiderdam the next day. I didn't have to wait for a taxi more than the time it took me to walk over. The dispatcher kept that line mostly up-to-date - I don't know about those who came after me.

And that is the take away .....

Please excuse my mislabeling. My most humble apologies for any inconvenience or distress it caused anyone.

You didn't need to scream. :eek:

There was no inconvenience at all..Just thought you would like to know that it was not yesterday, but you seem upset that we pointed it out to you, which I don't understand at all.. If I make an error I would hope you would tell me about it..But maybe you are having a bad day...

I'm sorry if I upset you, & also sorry that you thought I was screaming... However, that isn't screaming.. Screaming is when you put something in all Caps..

All I did was copy your title which was already bolded, & I always make my posts in larger print so I can read them...