Super Mario

They felt they were privileged enough to go into crew spaces, insinuate themselves into crew activities and became way "too friendly with crew" . And yes one can certainly be banned from sailing with a line for these type infractions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And they should be.....I agree. It may even have cost the employees involved their jobs.

Are we referring to Emil .

& his wife?. I heard the same story. I understood he is no longer

Cruising but going to Disney world. Is he still cruising?

Yep. Think holland for a while but not sure about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For quite a while. :)

Hey mom, any idea if he will be on harmony in February? Doing a b2b feb 18-March 4 haven't seen him in a few years.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Motorman23

Springsteen

Hanks

McCartney

Ellen

Jayz/Beyoncé

Ryan Reynolds

Derek jester

Michael Jordan

You know...someone recognizable worldwide...not just to a group of people loyal to a cruise line...

Who says a celebrity has to be someone in entertainment or sports?

I have known Mario for a number of years, and he is a celebrity. Why? Well, for a few years Royal Caribbean did a commercial starring Mario.

The man is down to earth, enjoys his life of cruising, and does not seek "star" status. Anyone that wishes to visit with him, is welcome to do so, shake his hand, and if he is not into something heavy on his computer, for one of his clients, he will be more than happy to talk to anyone.

Ask him about his background, how he got into cruising, or anything else.

So back to the celebrity thing. No.....he is not a celebrity that many think of celebrities........but he certainly is on Royal Caribbean, and entitled to be treated as such.

I also know Arno and Joanne, and they are just as kind and lovely and Mario. I guess that I'm fortunate to have cruised on ships with both.

Rick

Celebrities are celebrities because they have something that we admire on them, either a talent, an asset, or their personality. For those that like cruises, we admire a guy that really loves cruising, and that has adopted what we consider a vacation, as his permanent lifestyle.

• 2 years later...

I'll admit I thought that video at the front of this thread was weird and it was produced in a manner that made him look lonely.  

I think he's a nice enough guy.  I've chatted with him a few times.  But I'm not all up in his personal business so I guess I don't know the "true" Mario that some are suggesting.  Than again, don't we all have a side that most don't see? 😉  

26 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I'll admit I thought that video at the front of this thread was weird and it was produced in a manner that made him look lonely.  

I think he's a nice enough guy.  I've chatted with him a few times.  But I'm not all up in his personal business so I guess I don't know the "true" Mario that some are suggesting.  Than again, don't we all have a side that most don't see? 😉  

Lol.. Not up in his personal business at all. Just unfortunate to be in his sights to receive unwanted first hand knowledge of his attitude towards women that is not that of a "nice" person. 

Edited by Saucy Pineapple
Spelling

Some people just love the attention can you imagine going every week to various event onboard and tell the passengers the same story for over 20 yrs explaining how he got there and so on--, give me a break 

2 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Only made him look? I dint know he has no children and no mention on his extended family