USB ports in Allure Staterooms

rbelfi

I have used that one and it is good to give you USB + outlets, however both USB ports are the slower 1.2 amp type.

If you are looking for something to quickly charge tablets, smartphones, etc, I would suggest something like this (the tradeoff being speed for losing an outlet). This unit has a 5 foot cord that plugs into an outlet (and is pretty cheap also - currently $12):

23730587263_18ef1cd29b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBMRNQG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I have used that one and it is good to give you USB + outlets, however both USB ports are the slower 1.2 amp type.

I guess you didn't check MM's link because this Belkin has 2.1 amp outlets. I charges both my Ipad Air & phone quickly. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I used this same charger on my last cruise and found that it does not fit well in the outlets on the vanity. When you plug it into the outlet, there is barely sufficient room beneath to plug in your devices' USB charger connection. It will fit - just barely - but you have to crimp the charger cord to make it fit. Unfortunately, there is only one way that the charger unit can be plugged in (the prongs don't toggle or spin). I found this charging unit to be less than useful.

I used this same charger on my last cruise and found that it does not fit well in the outlets on the vanity. When you plug it into the outlet, there is barely sufficient room beneath to plug in your devices' USB charger connection. It will fit - just barely - but you have to crimp the charger cord to make it fit. Unfortunately, there is only one way that the charger unit can be plugged in (the prongs don't toggle or spin). I found this charging unit to be less than useful.

Thank you for the information, but you may be using a different product. The link points to information showing the prong being able to rotate 360 Degrees.

I have one and you can definitely change the orientation of the charger as the plug does spin. There is a little white button that you have to press.

I guess you didn't check MM's link because this Belkin has 2.1 amp outlets. I charges both my Ipad Air & phone quickly.

Yep, you are correct. There has been a newer one that's come out since I bought mine a few years ago. Looks like they still sell the older version with the 1A ports, so if anyone gets one, make sure to buy the newer version for a few $$ more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merion Moms Outlet photo--

It worked just fine on Jewel but we will take another we have, for our Allure coming up just in case.

Just sn fyi, on the allure hiding under the desk is the wall plug on top of desk is a multi plug that actually is plugged below the desk. I use an IMUTO,should fit without crimping but if not just look under desk.

51EfC5sYDSL._SX425_.jpg.1f131e288b90acbbcae061ffb277006e.jpg

Edited by janrey1234