Ovation: is she the poor relation?

Thanks for that debgreg - unfortunately I'm not getting anywhere. I emailed Royal Carribean on Monday but not heard anything. I also emailed my TA again and not heard anything - they probably have me down as a nuiscance :)

When I phoned Royal Caribbean again yesterday the lovely lady said I should get my TA to phone but I don't think they will. Note to self - use a different TA next time.

Thanks for all your assistance and info folks, and to those of you who were able to move cabins etc - well done!;)

Don't give up, persistence pays :)

Did you email bookingsupport@rccl.com, I have this number 0844 493 4005 ?

I have always found it is better to make contact yourself, you have more of a vested interest so to speak, especially now you have booked with the TA. I booked direct but I would still have another go. Email again and put looking forward to your response at the end , Keep going :)

I have always found it is better to make contact yourself, you have more of a vested interest so to speak, especially now you have booked with the TA. I booked direct but I would still have another go. Email again and put looking forward to your response at the end , Keep going :)

I've literally just had an email from my TA saying it would cost £1000 EACH to upgrade to a D6 balcony! That wasn't what I asked! And breathe!

I'm sure that's the address I emailed, and definitely the number I phoned, but I'll go send another! Thank you so much for your encouragement, I'll keep going:)

I've literally just had an email from my TA saying it would cost £1000 EACH to upgrade to a D6 balcony! That wasn't what I asked! And breathe!

I'm sure that's the address I emailed, and definitely the number I phoned, but I'll go send another! Thank you so much for your encouragement, I'll keep going:)

Jeeze, hard work, good luck , keep going :) xx

Ive just checked again and inside, oceanview and balcony are all still the same price. Maybe you should say others have been changed. Have you paid in full, crazy they wont do it ?

Edited by debgreg

Ive just checked again and inside, oceanview and balcony are all still the same price. Maybe you should say others have been changed. Have you paid in full, crazy they wont do it ?

Hi, yep we paid in full when I booked 2wks ago.

Edited by *Libby*
Typo

Hi, yep we paid in full when I booked 2wks ago.

I sail before you (3rd May) booked last week direct but only paid deposit until March. Looked at Iglu but they were more than booking direct. Hope they sort it, cant matter to them if they are all the same and as i said guarantee not included in the offer.

First sailing April 14, in about 6 weeks. Still no info at all regarding entertainment. Perhaps I'll load more books onto my kindle.....[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

I know and still no news on the Music hall, leaving it late.

Hi Deb, well I took your advise and persevered. I think my TA was dragging their heels right to the bitter end while quoting ridiculous figures to change cabin. After a phone call today from a lovely chap at RCCL we've been moved to a larger inside cabin on deck 11.

Thanks so much once again. :)

Hi Deb, well I took your advise and persevered. I think my TA was dragging their heels right to the bitter end while quoting ridiculous figures to change cabin. After a phone call today from a lovely chap at RCCL we've been moved to a larger inside cabin on deck 11.

I am glad that you got this resolved.

Corinna

I am Glad you got somewhere I am still struggling I sent emails to Rc with no reply so I contacted crown and anchor unfortunately they say it is out of there hands My TA has to contact them which going by there last email to me there is no chance of that so think I will just bite the bullet we were happy when we booked. I just know not to use the same TA again, this wont be our last cruise this year so it would be nice to find a UK TA that is willing to help in situations like this.

Great news, im glad you persevered and it paid off :)

I am Glad you got somewhere I am still struggling I sent emails to Rc with no reply so I contacted crown and anchor unfortunately they say it is out of there hands My TA has to contact them which going by there last email to me there is no chance of that so think I will just bite the bullet we were happy when we booked. I just know not to use the same TA again, this wont be our last cruise this year so it would be nice to find a UK TA that is willing to help in situations like this.

I would just call them yourself on the number i put on Libbys post, you get through quite quick after press 1, press 2 etc. After all its your money thats paying for the holiday, not the TA. I always strike up a coversation, say your confused with what your TA is saying, as i said, persistence pays, good luck :)

That really worked out well then. We are playing the waiting game at the moment and I am good with that.

Yes, we moved from an interior to a balcony to get the lower price and I am good with that, too. We had previously been assigned a large interior cabin on deck 11 forward and I was delighted with that assignment, but ultimately we are really easygoing and will be happy with whatever they assign us.

Corinna

Hmmmm, I think we may have been allocated your old cabin :D

I would just call them yourself on the number i put on Libbys post, you get through quite quick after press 1, press 2 etc. After all its your money thats paying for the holiday, not the TA. I always strike up a coversation, say your confused with what your TA is saying, as i said, persistence pays, good luck :)

The twice I phoned I got through really quickly, and the people that I spoke to were as helpful as they possibly could have been - ultimately saying I needed to go back to my TA, but at the same time saying it was all possible theoretically speaking. The problem with my TA was that although they phoned RCCL, they were charging me a ridiculous amount of money to change - nearly as much as what I paid!! Definitely persevere as Debs says. Good luck! :)