ice skating cancelled

Yep. On Liberty last April, the public Ice Skate was cancelled because the Ice refrigeration was running bit low and for the safety of the performers, the Public skating was cancelled to make sure the ice was in good enough shape for the actual shows. My wife and I did not mind. We're from Canada and can skate whenever we feel like it. We just wanted to go so we could say we skated on a cruise ship.;)

dp

All skating and diving shows were cancelled on our Oasis sailing 3 years ago. This included the public skating sessions. All due to rough seas. They did reschedule some of them later in the voyage when weather was a bit better. Timing was not the best though. They offered one diving show while docked in St. Maarten since that meant the ship would not be rocking for the performers.

I would be so sad if the show or public-skate had to be cancelled. I would understand why, but I would also be sad.

There are different sessions throughout the day and throughout the whole cruise for public skating, if you missed all these sessions then you are really unlucky.

As for the ice show, RCI would try to rearrange for another show on a different day if possible. Again you will be very unlucky not to get a chance to see one.