Do you get travel insurance from RCCL? or others

George C

I use third party insurance because I'm not comfortable with Royal's limits on emergency evacuation coverage. However one advantage of Royal's insurance is that the rates are not age-based, which may be an advantage to older cruisers.

Here are some websites to check rates:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

We book our vacations thru a national motor club.

We use their insurance.

It covers us and luggage from the minute we leave our house till we get back home.

Yes over the years it has gone up.

And used it once when we were in Hurricane Charlie on a land vacation to Disney World in Florida. We were pleased.

Safe travels.

We use CruiseCare through RCI. Have had to put in 2 claims both after final payment and when all the paperwork was sorted out, we were reimbursed every penny. CruiseCare was very courteous and understanding.

When making independent airline reservations we use Allianz as our insurer to cover the cost of our flights. Also had to put in 2 claims and were refund the total cost of the flights booked.

We use CruiseCare through RCI. Have had to put in 2 claims both after final payment and when all the paperwork was sorted out, we were reimbursed every penny. CruiseCare was very courteous and understanding.

When making independent airline reservations we use Allianz as our insurer to cover the cost of our flights. Also had to put in 2 claims and were refund the total cost of the flights booked.

Patti, do you know if CruiseCare covers cancellation costs if a pre-existing condition worsens and doc says not to go in cruise?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

RCI as we are in our 70's and some other companies won't insure us. Also, I have more confidence in RCI paying off if needed. Only once did we need trip insurance and it saved us about $10,000. Well worth the cost for peace of mind.

do you know that Royal's insurance does not waive pre existing conditions?

Patti, do you know if CruiseCare covers cancellation costs if a pre-existing condition worsens and doc says not to go in cruise?

That I don't know. You would have to call them.

My husband ended up in the hospital 3 days prior to our leaving for Barcelona with pancreatitis caused by gall stones. That was October 3, 2013. We had cruises booked for December 2013/January 2014 that we also had to cancel due to the doctor telling us not to travel for at least 6 months after the October episode. We were reimbursed for those cruises as well.

That I don't know. You would have to call them.

My husband ended up in the hospital 3 days prior to our leaving for Barcelona with pancreatitis caused by gall stones. That was October 3, 2013. We had cruises booked for December 2013/January 2014 that we also had to cancel due to the doctor telling us not to travel for at least 6 months after the October episode. We were reimbursed for those cruises as well.

Thanks - I just insured an onboard booking yesterday, but since that Next Cruise people weren't informed re my pre-existing question, I knew I would probably be calling in for the definitive word. The post above makes it seem like they don't cover. I'll post what I find out.

If you are healthy enough to travel on the day Cruise Care is purchased and your pre-existing condition has not changed, nor your medication changed, in the previous 60 days, then you are covered. That is one of the main reasons we use Cruise Care. The other is our ages, lol. When you are both over 70, insurance can be pretty expensive.

If you are healthy enough to travel on the day Cruise Care is purchased and your pre-existing condition has not changed, nor your medication changed, in the previous 60 days, then you are covered. That is one of the main reasons we use Cruise Care. The other is our ages, lol. When you are both over 70, insurance can be pretty expensive.

Not with cruise care. There is no pre existing waiver no matter when you buy as there is with most 3rd party insurances.

Edited by SeaUs

I have a very nice insurance trough SAS Eurobonus AMEX platinum by paying minimum 50% on that card. (So far I've paid 95%).

It beats the hell out of any other paid insurances I've researched.

But then.. I don't ive in the US ;)

Edited by Mjoellnir

I agree.

We book our vacations thru a national motor club.

We use their insurance.

It covers us and luggage from the minute we leave our house till we get back home.

Yes over the years it has gone up.

And used it once when we were in Hurricane Charlie on a land vacation to Disney World in Florida. We were pleased.

Safe travels.

Is that Good Sam's Travel Assist that covers med evac on cruises and from foreign countries? We have that but have never had to use them, thankfully.

General Plan Exclusions In Part B: We will not pay for any loss or expense caused by or incurred resulting from: a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the plan. This Exclusion does not apply to benefits under covered expenses emergency medical evacuation or repatriation of remains of the Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance Benefits coverage.

And:

Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60-day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you or your Traveling Companion, Business Partner or Immediate Family Member who is scheduled or booked to travel with you: 1. received or received a recommendation for a diagnostic test, examination, or medical treatment; or 2. took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.

Item 2) of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60-day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.

In

Part B (except Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation) we will

not pay for any loss caused by or incurred resulting from a Pre-

Existing Condition Exclusion as defined below

This policy does not waive pre existing conditions!

There is no "waived" word in the whole policy

Edited by SeaUs

In

You need to read further down, where pre existing condition is defined. So if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or any pre existing condition controlled through medication, you are covered. I know it's a little confusing to read insurance contract language.

In

I believe the problem here is the word "Waived" and interpretation. You can still have a pre-existing condition and be covered as long as you fall under what is "Defined Below" which you forgot to include.:D Patti has it in her post above yours.

The way I understand it, relating to my husband who is diabetic and has been since 1994 is that he has a pre-existing condition. As long as he is healthy 60 days prior to when the policy goes into effect, ,which would be final payment date, and his treatment has not changed, we are covered for the duration of our cruise.