Doubles on the drink package

My drinks of choice are straight liquor(no mix) such as martinis,manhattans,rusty nails etc.On the Allure,we are sailing in April2016,will I be able to order doubles, as a one shot martini etc. barely wets the bottom of the glass.

Thanks for any input.:cool:

My drinks of choice are straight liquor(no mix) such as martinis,manhattans,rusty nails etc.On the Allure,we are sailing in April2016,will I be able to order doubles, as a one shot martini etc. barely wets the bottom of the glass.

Yes, as long as you are not ordering as part of an unlimited drink package.

Yes, as long as you are not ordering as part of an unlimited drink package.

not true, most bartenders, if you have the package, will give you double instead of a single mixed or straight drink (Captain & coke, etc) if you just ask and it will still be covered by the package. Have done it many times.

You can't pick up 2 drinks at once, but if you want a double drink, they don't give a hoot....especially if you are tipping.

Edited by Deptacon

not true, most bartenders, if you have the package, will give you double instead of a single mixed or straight drink (Captain & coke, etc) if you just ask and it will still be covered by the package. Have done it many times.

You can't pick up 2 drinks at once, but if you want a double drink, they don't give a hoot....especially if you are tipping.

Not our experience, I guess we go to the wrong bars.

Our experience is that most bartenders give very generous pours. They are looking for an extra tip, I think.

I've only ordered doubles a couple of times. Both with the same bartender at the Schooner on Liberty. Each time she served me doubles. She actually began to recognize me and would ask, "Double, Mr. Kerry?" Im' sure she was working the tip, which she earned from me. ;) But like I said, I'm usually not a doubles drinker so I did not order from another bar etc. But the time I did, I was served doubles!

Not our experience, I guess we go to the wrong bars.

We had the same experience as Deptacon. My dh always tells the bartender to "make it like you hate the owner" for a generous pour. We never had an issue getting that. Of course dh is always the guy all the bartenders know since his only drink is a skinny pirate (Cpt Morgan & Dt coke) and tips at the end of the night. When we were on Grandeur the guys in the schooner bar would hold "our" table for us.

... as a one shot martini etc. barely wets the bottom of the glass.

I always think all the cruise ship martinis are generous to start with & I don't drink the foofy ones with fillers. Most of the times I've experienced them almost to the rim if not so full you need to take the sip at the bar so you don't spill when walking away.

Our experience is that most bartenders give very generous pours.

When was the last time u were on a Royal ship? Based on our last two sailings the days of free pouring are long gone. Every bar was using the jiggers. :(

I agree hansolosmom about the generous size of the martinis,but not about having a table saved in the Schooner bar...sounds chair hoggish to me. 😕 Sorry, just my opinion.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

It wasn't us that requested it, the bar guys reserved the table. I was actually quite surprised to walk in and find that.

When was the last time u were on a Royal ship? Based on our last two sailings the days of free pouring are long gone. Every bar was using the jiggers. :(

My experience is this:

When they DO use the jiggers, they fill the jigger and then just sort of keep pouring.

:)

I got one bartender to make me a Dr Pepper , beer Coke and shot of amaretto, later on same bar different bartender, he would not .... He said it was two drinks, so very hit and miss

Are you saying that this is ONE drink, made of Dr. Pepper, beer, Coke and a shot of amaretto???????

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I usually get Jameson rocks for my Diamond drinks. I find I get a much better pour at the bar than from ordering from the waiter the first few days on the ship.

As you get to know the wait staff.....the pour gets better.

As everyone has said tipping helps.

Are you saying that this is ONE drink, made of Dr. Pepper, beer, Coke and a shot of amaretto???????

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Its draft beer with a bit of Coke in it as is accompanied with a shot of amaretto that you drop in and chug ... Tastes just like a DR Pepper

Just off the Anthem on 1/15, DH had Premium Package, asked for doubles on Jack & Coke in a variety of bars and not once was he refused. They were always eager to please. He said he could definitely tell they were doubles. [emoji3][emoji106]🏻

Ahh, come on. Just a little sweeter than an Irish car bomb. ;)

Ok, you made me look THAT one up.

3/4 pint Guinness® stout

1/2 shot Bailey's® Irish cream

1/2 shot Jameson® Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

Not 'quite' as yucky, but I wouldn't drink THIS either. :eek:

Ok, you made me look THAT one up.

3/4 pint Guinness® stout

1/2 shot Bailey's® Irish cream

1/2 shot Jameson® Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

Not 'quite' as yucky, but I wouldn't drink THIS either. :eek:

It was my birthday, what can I say. ;)

Wait, there's 15 minutes between soda servings? My bil will hate that come dinner. He basically chugs the first one he gets and needs another right away. And what if we're doing shots? Do we really need to sit and wait 15 minutes between each one?