Stateroom Selection Help Needed

LaShelle2

I booked a guarantee balcony cabin for Adventure of Seas 4-16-16 sailing. It appears they have already assigned us a cabin. Room 7216 is on our contract. I was not expecting a room assignment until closer to sail date.

So here are my questions?

Is this a decent cabin? Anything noisy above or below?

Does anyone have pictures?

Can we change to a different one?

Is it likely they will change us to somewhere else before sail date?

Thanks for helping. This is the first time we've gambled with a guarantee instead of choosing ourselves, but the cost was significantly lower this way.

It's a typical D cat., 2 cabins from the bow of the ship. It's a connecting cabin.

I would call RCI and ask if there is another D Category elsewhere.,....I'd rather be more midship and not connecting with another cabin. Deck 7 has cabins above and below, so noise will be minimal.

They will move you to the same type cabin if you ask, and it's available.

Edited by cb at sea

GTY rooms can be assigned anytime from the day you book it up until sailing date. 7216 is a standard D1 stateroom - nothing unique or different about it from any other D1. Noise will not be an issue in general but you will have a long walk to any of the venues in the back of the ship based on your forward location.

It is also a connecting room which typically means you will have a love seat instead of a couch to allow room for the connecting door. Some people have said that connecting rooms are more noisy between the connecting rooms but we have not experienced that. Any neighboring stateroom can be noisy based on the occupants.

You can change your stateroom location to another similar category room based on availability - you just have to call RCI (or your TA if booked through one) to see what else is available. But once it is assigned RCI will not move you unless you request it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's a typical D cat., 2 cabins from the bow of the ship. It's a connecting cabin.

I would call RCI and ask if there is another D Category elsewhere.,....I'd rather be more midship and not connecting with another cabin. Deck 7 has cabins above and below, so noise will be minimal.

They will move you to the same type cabin if you ask, and it's available.

I'm sailing on Serenade OTS in April and when I booked I took a balcony guarantee for a very nice rate. I received my assignment the next day. Since then, I have changed my location 4x - always improving within the same category

The last change was the day after final payment when cancellations typically show up. I was able to snag a hump cabin with a large balcony and same category as I originally booked - I was thrilled.

Edited by mek

I'm sailing on Serenade OTS in April and when I booked I took a balcony guarantee for a very nice rate. I received my assignment the next day. Since then, I have changed my location 4x - always improving within the same category

The last change was the day after final payment when cancellations typically show up. I was able to snag a hump cabin with a large balcony and same category as I originally booked - I was thrilled.

I play "musical cabins" often ;)

I called and requested another cabin with no luck. I am crossing my fingers something will open up tomorrow, since that's when final payment is due.

Did you have any luck the day after final payment was due?

Did you have any luck the day after final payment was due?

Nothing has opened up. But, I've actually come to look forward to having one of the first cabins to come into port, being at the very front of the ship. Trying to think positive.

Honestly, they could put me down there with the crew and I'd be happy! There's no such thing as a "bad" cruise IMO. :)

I just feel blessed to have the money and time to go on an awesome vacation. Many people would love to be in our shoes.

Nothing has opened up. But, I've actually come to look forward to having one of the first cabins to come into port, being at the very front of the ship. Trying to think positive.

Honestly, they could put me down there with the crew and I'd be happy! There's no such thing as a "bad" cruise IMO. :)

I just feel blessed to have the money and time to go on an awesome vacation. Many people would love to be in our shoes.

Have a great cruise!