What's really included?

reilly1

If you are a Brandy drinker then this is NOT included in the package.

Don't ask why because I find this incredable that they include other spirits but not Brandy. I was told on the last cruise (Quest) by Phillip that they were looking into this, but don't hold your breath. Bonnie have you any more news.!!

Hi Leesre,

I will ask.

My head hurts after reading all these posts. The bean counters at Azamara need to step aside and let some marketing people develop reasonable packages that are easily understood. You need a flow chart to figure out what is and isn't included, and then what is and isn't included in each package.

I recently was on Oceania and their run of the house drinks package basically included everything except super premium. Although a bit pricey, it was simple. I don't expect such largesse from Azamara on an "included" package, but this is out of control.

I need a drink!

John

Me too!

But seriously, to all on this thread... I will send this along.

Bonnie, can you please see my request a bit up this thread and provide some answers? Thank you!

Hi Allison,

Our various beverage packages, as well as the list of complimentary drinks, have been set for quite awhile.

I'd like to point out that Azamara is not an ALL-inclusive cruise line. The Complimentary list was created to please the majority of our guests, and for the most part it does. Those not happy with the free options tend to purchase their preference. Thus I don't know I'd agree with your "nickel and dime" theory since we are not ALL-inclusive.

I'm happy to ask if there are plans to include other drinks on the complimentary list but I'm offering no guarantees.

As for the Like, Love, Adore special promotion, it ends February 29. After that there will be another special, undoubtedly without a beverage package included. As far as I remember this is the first time we've offered this. If the majority is unhappy with it, I'd speculate it won't be repeated. But from what I'm hearing it is successful.

Have I covered all your questions? If not, please be patient with me, I'm currently on the road but checking in daily.

Bonnie

Can you highlight the issue that in the enhanced liquor packages they appear to automatically give the guest who buys a package the beer package but unlike Celebrity they do not give them the less expensive water package. Can we either have the water package as well or a choice between the beer or water as an add on

Traveling on Quest in May are the drinks in the cabin fridge included in the free drinks package also can we take bottles of alcoholic drinks on board.

The only drinks that are free from the fridge are the sodas like the orange juice, mixers, Coke etc. The premium water (eg Perrier), beers and any wine in the cabin are chargeable. You are free to take alcohol such as wine, spirits, beer onboard at embarkation and at port stops.

Phil

Bonnie

Can you highlight the issue that in the enhanced liquor packages they appear to automatically give the guest who buys a package the beer package but unlike Celebrity they do not give them the less expensive water package. Can we either have the water package as well or a choice between the beer or water as an add on

According to Bonnie, the beer and/or water package is not included in the premium liquor package. She did state this in relation to a question I had about the like, love, adore promotion (what's included).

As someone who has just booked their first AZ cruise, I find this very confusing.

Wording on the (US) website indicates that to be true - this is the language on the Liquor Package page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages :

All liquor packages include all beer selections that come in the premium beer package.

Haven't looked at the Like/Love/Adore packages to know how they might vary.

Bonnie,

Have you any more news for us Brandy drinkers, yes as the other OP has said we can purchase but why have Gin Wiskey etc but no Brandy, can you, Bonnie, put this request up the tree please.

Thanks

I am told there are NO plans to add brandy to the list of inclusive complimentary drinks at this time.

Bonnie

It has been reiterated to me that the fancier waters cannot be substituted and included in the Beverage Packages or Like/Adore/Love packages.

Hi wuppis

Your post appeared while I was writing. And now I'm wondering what's in a cosmopolitan that would exclude it from the list of complimentary cocktails?

The word from above on Cosmopolitans is... Yes! They can be made from the list of complimentary alcohols, and that the staff will be trained on this for the future.

The word from above on Cosmopolitans is... Yes! They can be made from the list of complimentary alcohols, and that the staff will be trained on this for the future.

That is good news

Rather disappointed no sparkling water though - DH can get more sparkling beer I suppose if he upgrades (on the basis we may not add a like package on) but not worth it for me

Edited by uktog

According to Bonnie, the beer and/or water package is not included in the premium liquor package. She did state this in relation to a question I had about the like, love, adore promotion (what's included).

As someone who has just booked their first AZ cruise, I find this very confusing.

I'm attaching a grid to show the price savings on these More to Love Packages if you take advantage of the current More to Love sale on select 2016/2017 voyages, as well as which beverage package is included.

I admit to being confused by this More to Love promotion as well. I apologize. It was rolled out as a special to announce the permanent More to Love onboard (bundled) packages. [by 'onboard' I mean they can be purchased onboard and you can use OBC to purchase these packages once onboard.] But to get the special prices currently featured in our More to Love special you must book in advance by February 29, 2016.

Once onboard they will be available at the onboard prices. Please also note that the prices are all per stateroom and "from…" meaning they vary by voyage and may be priced higher than noted in my grid.

Lastly, the packages all include a 'Beverage' package. These are all 'Liquor' packages (Premium, Top Shelf, Unlimited.)

I must correct something I posted earlier: All liquor packages include premium beers! And they also entitle the purchaser to a 25% saving on premium wine by the glass (which includes sparkling wines by the glass). Unfortunately they do not include Specialty bottled waters.

Like Adore Love Grid.pdf

Edited by BBMacLaird
I corrected suite to stateroom

I'm attaching a grid to show the price savings on these More to Love Packages if you take advantage of the current More to Love sale on select 2016/2017 voyages, as well as which beverage package is included.

I admit to being confused by this More to Love promotion as well. I apologize. It was rolled out as a special to announce the permanent More to Love onboard (bundled) packages. [by 'onboard' I mean they can be purchased onboard and you can use OBC to purchase these packages once onboard.] But to get the special prices currently featured in our More to Love special you must book in advance by February 29, 2016.

Once onboard they will be available at the onboard prices. Please also note that the prices are all per stateroom and "from…" meaning they vary by voyage and may be priced higher than noted in my grid.

Lastly, the packages all include a 'Beverage' package. These are all 'Liquor' packages (Premium, Top Shelf, Unlimited.)

I must correct something I posted earlier: All liquor packages include premium beers! And they also entitle the purchaser to a 25% saving on premium wine by the glass (which includes sparkling wines by the glass). Unfortunately they do not include Specialty bottled waters.

Yeah! Thank you, thank you thank you! My DH will be pleased.

Then does that mean a lemon drop will be included since it is basically vodka, lemon juice and sugar?

Then does that mean a lemon drop will be included since it is basically vodka, lemon juice and sugar?

I'll ask for you tomorrow, dbali.

P.s. I'm in San Miguel de Allende this week. Someone was preparing a tequila with lemon simple syrup. Sounds like a Mexican lemon drop!

I'll ask for you tomorrow, dbali.

P.s. I'm in San Miguel de Allende this week. Someone was preparing a tequila with lemon simple syrup. Sounds like a Mexican lemon drop!

That sounds wonderful. Hope you are having a pleasant trip.

Thanks Bonnie for the good news about the Cosmopolitan.

I will test it when we have our first informal meeting with CC members on march 16 at the Sunset Bar to enoy sailaway together. Husband has to be satisfied with only 3 kinds of beer, but he´s not drinking more than one during an evening, so it maybe okay for him or he can order one he likes more and pay for it with our OBC for shareholders.

Just printing out our E-docs, only 4 week until we board and to get away from this crazy weather (snow and rain changing).

Wow.:):):)

Marita

Hi Bonnie, thanks for getting the answers about a few of the questions around the beverage package -- I now understand that the premium package is liquor, includes the beer package, and a 25% discount on upgraded wine by the glass. And you found out that there aren't any plans to add brandy to the complimentary drinks list. Were you able to find out about the sparkling wine issue? If it's not a money issue (i.e. opportunity to sell bottles of champagne -- as I don't see how it would be the actual cost of the bottles, as there are plenty of proseccos, cavas, and other sparkling wines that cost around the same as the included wines) I think there are many on this forum who would be interested to know the rationale for not including it.

And please clarify that it is not the onboard like, love, adore package add-ons that are ending 2/29, but the sales promotion that includes these packages with the cruise? We are very interested in purchasing the like package as an add-on, but we want to make sure we are going to use the land discoveries credit before committing to it. Thank you!

Hi Bonnie, thanks for getting the answers about a few of the questions around the beverage package -- I now understand that the premium package is liquor, includes the beer package, and a 25% discount on upgraded wine by the glass. And you found out that there aren't any plans to add brandy to the complimentary drinks list. Were you able to find out about the sparkling wine issue? If it's not a money issue (i.e. opportunity to sell bottles of champagne -- as I don't see how it would be the actual cost of the bottles, as there are plenty of proseccos, cavas, and other sparkling wines that cost around the same as the included wines) I think there are many on this forum who would be interested to know the rationale for not including it.

And please clarify that it is not the onboard like, love, adore package add-ons that are ending 2/29, but the sales promotion that includes these packages with the cruise? We are very interested in purchasing the like package as an add-on, but we want to make sure we are going to use the land discoveries credit before committing to it. Thank you!

The like, adore, love packages will be available, but not at the reduced rates now available until 2/29 on select voyages.