What's really included?

reilly1

Azamara does wine tastings. Maybe a blind tasting of G&Ts with different tonics would be an interesting offering.

3 different gins combined with 3 different tonics = 9 drinks. Add in lemon or lime (or cucumber) makes 18 or 27 possibilities! Sounds a fun way to lose a day or two!:D

Everyone is focusing on the included alcohol - mixers matter as well. On the Journey recently (enjoying Gordons and Schweppes tonic as included) until we hit N Australia. They got a resupply of mixers and the tonic was AWFUL. (called Royal or something like that). Kudos to the bar staff who knew me - they let me know if they had found some Schweppes tonic - great service!

Nope, according to Mr google, Royal is a Waitrose brand, never seen in sold in Oz, we get mostly Schweppes or Kirks

Edited by reedy8
extra info

It may be that I can't find the right web page, but it looks like there are only two upgraded drink packages. What happened to Top Shelf?

Still offered on board, its the website that is the issue. I noticed it was not right on the packages again.

It may be that I can't find the right web page, but it looks like there are only two upgraded drink packages. What happened to Top Shelf?

Our Top Shelf Liquor package is no longer available. About a month ago we made changes to the liquor packages.

Our Top Shelf Liquor package is no longer available. About a month ago we made changes to the liquor packages.

Oops sorry re my previous post clearly I need to get back onboard to update my knowledge!

Is the website correct as I have a package bought and am doing some serious at sea day planning of my cocktails.

Yes, the website is up to date. The packages were reviewed and changed around February 20th.

Here's an overview of the two remaining liquor packages, and what they include:

Premium - $15.95 per person per day

Includes all the same spirit selections as before

Includes all beer selections

No longer includes any discount on wines by the glass or bottled water

Not eligible for any LCV discounts

Ultimate - $21.95 per person per day

Includes all the spirits from the Premium package, the eliminated Top Shelf package, and the current Ultimate package

Includes all wines by the glass except Taittinger La Française and dessert wines

Includes all Nespresso coffees and cocktails

Includes all individual servings of bottled water

Eligible for LCV discounts

LCV Members are eligible for the following discounts on the Ultimate Package only:

Adventurer - 5%

Explorer - 10%

Discoverer - 15%

Discoverer Plus - 20%

Discoverer Platinum - 25%

Thanks - we have lost some of the reasons we bought the like package for our next two cruises :(

Are these packages being adjusted to reflect this or not? I sometimes bought a glass of wine so have lost that discount even the website whilst showing only two packages still states All liquor packages also include a 25% saving on premium wine by the glass.

Thanks - we have lost some of the reasons we bought the like package for our next two cruises :(

Are these packages being adjusted to reflect this or not? I sometimes bought a glass of wine so have lost that discount even the website whilst showing only two packages still states All liquor packages also include a 25% saving on premium wine by the glass.

I've messaged our Marketing execs that the More to Like/Love/Adore packages need to be looked at. You make a good point about the wine by the glass. I forwarded your feedback to them. :wine-glass:

I've messaged our Marketing execs that the More to Like/Love/Adore packages need to be looked at. You make a good point about the wine by the glass. I forwarded your feedback to them. :wine-glass:

Cheers :wine-glass::cocktail::beer-mug:

Yes, the website is up to date. The packages were reviewed and changed around February 20th.

Here's an overview of the two remaining liquor packages, and what they include:

Premium - $15.95 per person per day

Includes all the same spirit selections as before

No longer includes any discount on wines by the glass or bottled water

Not eligible for any LCV discounts

Ultimate - $21.95 per person per day

Includes all the spirits from the Premium package, the eliminated Top Shelf package, and the current Ultimate package

Includes all wines by the glass except Taittinger La Française and dessert wines

Includes all Nespresso coffees and cocktails

Includes all individual servings of bottled water

Eligible for LCV discounts

LCV Members are eligible for the following discounts on the Ultimate Package only:

Adventurer - 5%

Explorer - 10%

Discoverer - 15%

Discoverer Plus - 20%

Discoverer Platinum - 25%

Thanks for the clarification Bonnie

This is only our second cruise on Azamara, but we are Diamond on RCCL. Does this discount apply to the cross over status ? I'm not sure what the equal levels are. Can we get the discount either on this ship, or by pre-ordering?

Thanks for the clarification Bonnie

This is only our second cruise on Azamara, but we are Diamond on RCCL. Does this discount apply to the cross over status ? I'm not sure what the equal levels are. Can we get the discount either on this ship, or by pre-ordering?

Thank you for sailing with Azamara Club Cruises!

Yes, we honor the RCCL levels. You can purchase packages in advance or aboard ships.

Here's the webpage with more information about the level you'll be with us.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/member-benefits

According to Bonnie, the beer and/or water package is not included in the premium liquor package. She did state this in relation to a question I had about the like, love, adore promotion (what's included).

As someone who has just booked their first AZ cruise, I find this very confusing.

May I be mischievous and suggest maybe it's intended to be confusing, thereby selling more extras.

We found it so confusing we gave up and tried 'more' inclusive alternatives, though we've yet to find 'all' inclusive, though several market it that way.

Now, with my recent medical diagnosis, for me it's less, not more!

Incidentally, I wonder if we can request certain liquors in our suite?

There is no need for anyone to buy a Beverage Package or a More to Love Package. We offer complimentary wines, beers and liquors that satisfy most Guests.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

If someone knows they'll drink primarily premium or top-shelf alcohol, then the packages do save this person some money.

We certainly do not intend to confuse anyone. It just happens that currently all of our packages are being reviewed by management for efficacy. If not popular no doubt they'll be tweaked or removed.

In case this helps - we are just off the Quest. I found that the basic wine included was unsatisfactory for the most part. The wines were sharp and flat - lacking any specific flavors. The Ultimate beverage package upgrade only added 2 more wines by the glass which we did not taste.

I found it disappointing that there was not an option to upgrade the wine by the glass. The More to Love package had some excellent selections. I did not purchase the package but finally did buy one bottle from the list.

We were able to buy quite good wines in the West Indies French ports at the grocery store for an average of 8 Euro's per bottle but I would prefer to have better wines included.

The basic wine package on our most recent Oceania Cruise included some excellent options. While not "included", it is usually an option that one can include.

In case this helps - we are just off the Quest. I found that the basic wine included was unsatisfactory for the most part. The wines were sharp and flat - lacking any specific flavors. The Ultimate beverage package upgrade only added 2 more wines by the glass which we did not taste.

I found it disappointing that there was not an option to upgrade the wine by the glass. The More to Love package had some excellent selections. I did not purchase the package but finally did buy one bottle from the list.

We were able to buy quite good wines in the West Indies French ports at the grocery store for an average of 8 Euro's per bottle but I would prefer to have better wines included.

The basic wine package on our most recent Oceania Cruise included some excellent options. While not "included", it is usually an option that one can include.

We always used to find a wine that we liked, be it that day's or a previous offering. Hopefully, it will still be the same.

Edited by English Tim
Spell check

At least you were allowed to take them back on to the ship for your own use. Most cruise lines only allow 2 bottles on embarkation.

We always used to find a wine that we liked, be it that day's or a previous offering. Hopefully, it will still be the same.

We are just off the Journey, Auckland-Sydney; we found only three wines that we liked the entire cruise, but most of the staff was happy to find the past offerings that we liked and poured them for us.

Hello. I have just read this thread and am now much more educated on drinks!!!

Disappointed that sparkling water is not included, so thanks for the tip from someone on the club soda substitute! Is there a list anywhere of any soft drinks which are (or not) included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sparkling water is most definitely included as part of the free drinks. You don't have to buy a package for it. I have never had a problem with the included wines and always find a very drinkable one or three. I like the included Prosecco type bubbles too. :)