What's really included?

reilly1

Yes, the website is up to date. The packages were reviewed and changed around February 20th.

Here's an overview of the two remaining liquor packages, and what they include:

Premium - $15.95 per person per day

Includes all the same spirit selections as before

Includes all beer selections

No longer includes any discount on wines by the glass or bottled water

Not eligible for any LCV discounts

Ultimate - $21.95 per person per day

Includes all the spirits from the Premium package, the eliminated Top Shelf package, and the current Ultimate package

Includes all beer selections

Includes all wines by the glass except Taittinger La Française and dessert wines

Includes all Nespresso coffees and cocktails

Includes all individual servings of bottled water

Eligible for LCV discounts

LCV Members are eligible for the following discounts on the Ultimate Package only:

Adventurer - 5%

Explorer - 10%

Discoverer - 15%

Discoverer Plus - 20%

Discoverer Platinum - 25%

We sail on Journey in October 2017 and so I am looking at the package description on the website for Ultimate (DH prefers Bombay Sapphire, I like Patron, and we both want wine and bottled water/sparkling, and specialty coffee).

There is no mention on the web site that it includes wine, water and specialty coffees.

Seems to get what we prefer, your description of Ultimate is what we want, especially with the Discoverer discount.

I'd sure like to see it in writing officially.

Can you please confirm?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the Azamara approach to their included drinks package. Providing a very basic package of complimentary drinks and then having various packages for spirits, beers and wine and also sub packages within the spirits package is a total mish mash.

My wife and I drink mostly wine and enjoy the occasional cognac which when on Azamara, we purchased as we went.

We have only done two Azamara cruises, the first being on the Quest which was its first inclusive cruise, the second was last year again on the Quest. The wines on offer on the first cruise were vastly superior to those on offer last year. I acknowledge that tastes in wine are subjective but it was quite clear to us that the amount Azamara are now spending on the wine has decreased significantly.

It was also apparent that securing an alternative wine on our first cruise was not a problem. The second time however we found it a lot more difficult.

In our opinion Oceania cruises with their drinks package is a far better product for us. I regret this as Azamara have some of the best employees of any cruise line but I really do feel that they have lost the plot with their current offerings.

Thanks Bonnie. I like the new wine package choices. The included wines were fine for me last year and probably will still be -- but the 5 bottle "Connoisseur" package works out to the same cost as the Wine by the Glass package [since I drink 1/2 bottle at dinner]. Something to consider when I see the wine list on board.

I was simply attempting to give my opinion with regards to our experience on Azamara. We are gold Severn seas society members wirh Regent but I would not attempt to compare Azamara with Regent.

I only made reference to Oceania Cruises because they compete with Azamara price wise.

Azamara appear to be the only cruise line who can't make up their mind where they stand. They provide an all included package but at he same time they see a need to offer a myriad of alternative/additional products.

This arrangement may be to some peoples liking but from my point of view, Azamara are now not providing what I am looking for.

I was simply attempting to give my opinion with regards to our experience on Azamara. We are gold Severn seas society members wirh Regent but I would not attempt to compare Azamara with Regent.

I only made reference to Oceania Cruises because they compete with Azamara price wise.

Azamara appear to be the only cruise line who can't make up their mind where they stand. They provide an all included package but at he same time they see a need to offer a myriad of alternative/additional products.

This arrangement may be to some peoples liking but from my point of view, Azamara are now not providing what I am looking for.

Many people [including Moi] do not like Regent because you have to pay for everything -- even the things you don't want to use. So from my point of view, Azamara's included libations are a good compromise: I can find lots of things that suit my palate but I don't have to pay for 20-year-old-single-malts that other people want to drink for free.

We have fairly simple tastes, no particular preferences for spirits so long as it's a well known brand, and just like a nice glass of wine, so Azamara's included drinks suit us just fine. My only annoyance is that Shweppes tonic is not always available and neither is decaf Coca Cola.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Apart from the odd tweak every so often I think that they have made up their mind. A white, red, rose and sparkling wine each day, included basic spirits etc and free soda and water. I guess it comes down to cost and if Grey Goose vodka for example is included then the base price of the cruise goes up. I have never had an issue with the wine and the included spirits are fine for me. If I want a "special" then I'm happy to pay for it on my card. That works.

Hi Bonnie - I think we are Discoverer level. I will be purchasing my Ultimate drink package on board the Quest in July. How do I get the discount? Does it automatically come up with my room key?

We sailed on Azamara for the first time in December (but have sailed a number of times on Celebrity). I hated that Azamara’s “ultimate” package still excluded some of my favorite bourbons (and other beverages). And it looks to be the same with the simplified packages. It would be nice if they followed Celebrity’s lead in that if you get the ultimate package all bourbons (and spirits, I believe) were included. At least I can take some solace in the fact that I can now get a Nespresso coffee or cocktail without the extra charge. (Ordered one by accident at in December, didn't realize there was a charge until AFTER I got the drink... and the bill.)

My only annoyance is that Shweppes tonic is not always available and neither is decaf Coca Cola.

On the recent NOLA/Cuba cruise there was a very nice gentleman from Azamara HQ accompanying Larry P. on the cruise. Even though I'm not a regular G&T imbiber, I brought up the great tonic issue with him at the White Night party. He thought Royal Club might be a Coca Cola brand (it isn't, instead owned by Heineken), where Azamara has a contract, but he promised to look into having Schweppes instead.

Keep fingers crossed. We shall see if anything happens.

On the recent NOLA/Cuba cruise there was a very nice gentleman from Azamara HQ accompanying Larry P. on the cruise. Even though I'm not a regular G&T imbiber, I brought up the great tonic issue with him at the White Night party. He thought Royal Club might be a Coca Cola brand (it isn't, instead owned by Heineken), where Azamara has a contract, but he promised to look into having Schweppes instead.

Keep fingers crossed. We shall see if anything happens.

I hate Heineken even more now!

Schweppes to the best of my knowledge is owned by Coca Cola, who I'm sure have corporate deals with the RCCL group.

Hi Bonnie - I think we are Discoverer level. I will be purchasing my Ultimate drink package on board the Quest in July. How do I get the discount? Does it automatically come up with my room key?

Hello studentoftheworld,

When you purchase a beverage package, all you need to do is show your keycard at time of purchase. The keycard will have your LCV information on it. The person processing your purchase will then manually apply your discount to the package.

I hate Heineken even more now!

Schweppes to the best of my knowledge is owned by Coca Cola, who I'm sure have corporate deals with the RCCL group.

Yes, Schweppes is a Coca Cola brand so I don't understand why Azamara doesn't serve it as its standard tonic.

Can I ask a question about included coffees? "Specialty coffees" are included, allegedly, but what exactly does that mean? I like a latte but think that they were on the coffee menu with a charge. But coffee with separate hot milk is included? Help!

Can I ask a question about included coffees? "Specialty coffees" are included, allegedly, but what exactly does that mean? I like a latte but think that they were on the coffee menu with a charge. But coffee with separate hot milk is included? Help!

They are usually coffees that include alcohol

Lattes, capuccinos, espressos, etc., are included. Nespresso stuff is not.

When I last cruised AZ, the coffee menu appeared to list chargeable coffees and we were quite taken aback, then discovered as with the drinks menu, that the included items were on the back page!

Just discuss options with crew, who are very helpful.

On our first experience we walked away disgruntled, until we discovered the back page!

Bonnie can you please tell me why Baileys is not included and you have to pay for the Ultimate Package to get this which is very annoying.

If you are in a suite is it included or do you still have to pay extra.

I cannot find a list of cocktails if you pay for the Ultimate Package. Can you tell me where to find them.

Can you buy the Ultimate Package for a few days and also can you buy it for one person.

Thanks