What's really included?

reilly1

• 3 weeks later...

New to Azamara and, therefore, trying to understand what's included. Thanks for this very informative thread. I skimmed through the 11 pages here and not sure if I missed it but can you upgrade to higher level drink package for one person only? Also, I'm still confused about the coffee beverages...is there a copy of the "back page" people are talking about here? We cruised with Celebrity last year and everything was spelled out for us. Thanks!

New to Azamara and, therefore, trying to understand what's included. Thanks for this very informative thread. I skimmed through the 11 pages here and not sure if I missed it but can you upgrade to higher level drink package for one person only? Also, I'm still confused about the coffee beverages...is there a copy of the "back page" people are talking about here? We cruised with Celebrity last year and everything was spelled out for us. Thanks!

The only coffee that you pay extra for is Nespresso in Mosaic coffee bar. All other coffees are included - that includes coffees from Mosaic unless you ask for Nespresso. You can have Capuccino, flat white, latte etc all included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can upgrade, then do. Included wines are poor.

reilly1, I can't really agree with you. The wines are very drinkable, and if you cant find one you don't like the team members are more than happy to oblige with an alternative selection.

We came across 'The Crusher Pinot Noir' on Azamara, and if you take a stroll to the Vineyard Off Licence on the Ormeau Road, (in Belfast to all non NI readers) you buy a bottle at £15 a time. Its not in the bargain basement.

Maybe you have more expensive tastes?

reilly1, I can't really agree with you. The wines are very drinkable, and if you cant find one you don't like the team members are more than happy to oblige with an alternative selection.

We came across 'The Crusher Pinot Noir' on Azamara, and if you take a stroll to the Vineyard Off Licence on the Ormeau Road, (in Belfast to all non NI readers) you buy a bottle at £15 a time. Its not in the bargain basement.

I agree, always been able to find a wine I like! They are certainly not 'bargain basement' wines. I guess it depends which types of wine you like. Probably there are few sweeter wines - most of the whites are medium to dry styles - Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio etc.

Not sure when you became a Host Grandma Cruising, but glad to see that we have someone on the Azamara board ( not that there are many arguments on this board, Azamara cruisers are above that)

Also that we have a Host from U.K.

We are not big drinkers but do like a sherry before dinner. I can't see this drink on the complimentary list. Does anyone know if it is available or should we bring our own? Can you get Harvey's Bristol Cream in Australia? Thank you.

No not expensive taste at all - Villa Maria SB would be my usual tipple with Sancerre as a treat. I know The Vineyard well indeed! I can only go by my only experience on Journey last year out of Athens. They served some Greek wines which we saw in the Duty Free Port shop for 7 euro. The Pinot Grigio was Argentinian and not good at all. Just my opinion though. Not for hubby and I.

I apologise if this has been addressed before, but I am a newbie to Azamara (total Celebrity S-Class junkie!). We are booked on the Journey 4th June Athens to Rome in a veranda stateroom.

My TA tells me that Azamara is "all-inclusive". I know that there are also premium packages, but I think we will be happy with what is included, as long as there is decent wine available, G&T and the odd cocktail.

What I am unsure about is whether water and speciality teas/coffees (Mosaic Café) are included too. It would seem odd to offer unlimited alcohol, yet charge for water, tea and coffee.

I hope somebody can clarify this for me please.

Just got back from our first Azamara cruise and was the best cruise I have ever taken. ( 30+ cruises) I had the same question you had. The mini bar in your canon has water and soft drinks at no charge, anything with alcohol will be charged. The buffet has specialty coffee machine available at any time. There are two free wine choices each day. List of complementary alcohol drinks is on a menu in each bar, it's located on the last page. Mosaic coffee shop has specialty coffee or tea at no charge,Nespresso drinks are listed for a price on the menu on the table as well as other drinks. Cocktail service is always available at any meal in any venue. When in doubt ask the crew,they are the most wonderful people I have ever met on a cruise. They will blow you away with the experience from Captain to room stewart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are two free wine choices each day.

In fact, there are six choices every day: two red, two white, a rose, and a sparkling. If there's a Greek one (or anything else) you don't like, just choose another. Not clear to me why finding one inexpensive wine in a local store should make all the included wines "poor."

In fact, there are six choices every day: two red, two white, a rose, and a sparkling. If there's a Greek one (or anything else) you don't like, just choose another. Not clear to me why finding one inexpensive wine in a local store should make all the included wines "poor."

When we were on Journey there was only one of each available. Sometimes we could order a prior wine but not every time. Glad to hear there are now 2 of each on offer.

• 2 weeks later...

I don;t know whether I am being a PITA but it seems to me that getting the drinks included is a major plus. If someone is not happy with the drinks or wines included instead of complaining they have two choices.

1. buy an upgraded package

2. pick a different drink or wine

I am just a happy camper that it is included and in all those choices of wine and drinks I can find something to make me pacified.

Kathy

One more question (or two) -- Can you bring wine on board with you when you board? can you buy wines on the docking locations and bring them on the ship? :p

You can bring wine on board both at embarkation and at ports - no problems, so long as you drink it on your cabin.

One more question (or two) -- Can you bring wine on board with you when you board? can you buy wines on the docking locations and bring them on the ship? :p
r

Yes you can. You can drink them for free in your cabin or a very reasonable corkage charge in the public areas.

As for the included wines, generally I think they are very good. The Crusher is excellent as is the Bertrand Merlot. With two reds, two whites, a rose and a glass of bubbles on offer each day, plus the included cocktails, I think Azamara have it just right. 🍷🍸🍾 🍹

My problem is my fussiness. Of the reds, I drink Merlot and Pinot Noir. Whites, Sauvignon Blanc or a dry white. Would these be the ones used in the daily wines (not special packages. If not does anyone know what kind they serve?

I don;t know whether I am being a PITA but it seems to me that getting the drinks included is a major plus. If someone is not happy with the drinks or wines included instead of complaining they have two choices.

1. buy an upgraded package

2. pick a different drink or wine

I am just a happy camper that it is included and in all those choices of wine and drinks I can find something to make me pacified.

Kathy

I was not complaining and am sorry you are in an arguing frame of mind. Here's my question that you seem to have found offensive. "One more question (or two) -- Can you bring wine on board with you when you board? can you buy wines on the docking locations and bring them on the ship? :p

Why would you respond so cruelly? but I am happy that you are a happy camper. As for me, I enjoy cruising with people and not camping.

Edited by impala1ss

My problem is my fussiness. Of the reds, I drink Merlot and Pinot Noir. Whites, Sauvignon Blanc or a dry white. Would these be the ones used in the daily wines (not special packages. If not does anyone know what kind they serve?

You are entitled to be fussy it is your vacation. I think you would be unfortunate not to find one of these on offer, husband drinks red and I white and on an 18 night trip were we less then happy with the selection on just one evening. They serve some really interesting wines I suggest you ask for a sample of each, you may find a new favourite. My discovery was a dry Riesling which I normally would not consider but which was superb, if there is really nothing you like on one night you can always buy a glass or bottle of your preferred.

Yes all of those are included in the daily pours. No-one is saying the included wines are vintage but they are perfectly acceptable. If you want to splash out for a special occasion then they do have a very good wine list onboard and knowledgeable sommeliers to help you choose.

I was not complaining and am sorry you are in an arguing frame of mind. Here's my question that you seem to have found offensive. "One more question (or two) -- Can you bring wine on board with you when you board? can you buy wines on the docking locations and bring them on the ship? :p

Why would you respond so cruelly? but I am happy that you are a happy camper. As for me, I enjoy cruising with people and not camping.

I did not QUOTE you so therefore was not directing my response to YOU. It was directed to those complaining about the choices. .The only person that was cruel and offensive was you. I think you need to learn to use the site or read.. I believe you owe me an apology

Kathy

Certainly had Sauvignon Blanc and I think my husband has had Pinot Noir. It's 2 different red and two different white every day, but often you can ask for one you've had on a different day. If there's any left, they will do their best to find it for you.