What's really included?

reilly1

I asked the same question as we were interested in purchasing the adore package as an add on but confused if additional beers were included. This was the response we received.

Thank you for your communication,

Please be advised the Top Shelf Package includes the standard three plus

all beers listed on our Bar menu.

If you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Marta Blanco

Guest Support Unit | Guest & Trade Services

Azamara Club Cruise

Bonnie could you please re confirm as your posts seem to indicate that the 'like love and adore' packages are available on only selected cruises, whereas my understanding is they are available to purchase as an add on for all cruises?

Thanks

Our last cruise in March 2015 the standard of the included wine was just average but I guess has to meet budget constraints. More about quantity than quality ! Felt sorry for the sommeliers as few passengers chose to pay for better quality wines.

Our last cruise in March 2015 the standard of the included wine was just average but I guess has to meet budget constraints. More about quantity than quality ! Felt sorry for the sommeliers as few passengers chose to pay for better quality wines.

Can you please tell me what the charge is for an individual drink not on the 'included' list? Thank you.

I only remember one price: a glass of Beringer White Zinfandel $ 6.

Just found a picture of a barcard with prices:

Cosmopolitan $ 7,95

Luxury Martini $ 9,50

Margarita $ 7,50 up to $ 12,95

tropical Cocktails $ 4,95 up to $ 7,50

Frozen cocktails $ 7,50 to $ 8,50

But take a look by yourself. Here´s the link: http://www.oppermann-wuppertal.de/GB1/preise.htm

The prices are from august 2014, so maybe are different now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBMacLaird View Post

I am told there are NO plans to add brandy to the list of inclusive complimentary drinks at this time.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Please can you find out the reasoning behind this?

Seems so unfair to me.

Thanks

I'd also be interested to know please. Some palatable brandies are far cheaper, at least in the UK and Europe, than some of the included labels, so it's a puzzle.

I could become a 2-ton alcoholic! Some of those drinks look absolutely incredible; I'm not a wine love, but oh, those frozen things look sinful.

Now, the big decisions... to package or not to package... I have to go back and try to figure out which ones are included in which package. I'm afraid my taste will be rather expensive; I keep telling myself I'd have to drink two or three every day to justify a package, but that might be too easy to do.

I am doing a separate post, even though I am inside the edit window. Here is my quandary:

I really like Grey Goose vodka in the appropriate mixed drinks, and I love mimosas, so I would have to go with the most expensive package. But I am cruising solo, so certainly don't need Nights in Private Places or the Chef's Table. The onboard credit says it is EXCLUSIVELY for shore excursions.

I already get 2 bags of laundry for the 14 night cruise, so I am assuming that the Love package wouldn't give me 4 bags, and I doubt I would need four bags.

I do need unlimited internet (but only for my one device) because I will be leaving my 96-year-old mother in the care of a companion (who is a friend, and will take loving care of her, but still anything can happen). But I am thinking that the unlimited internet and the top-shelf or whatever the expensive alcohol plan is would be around $800. That's the only two for-sure things, and I could pay for spa packages. If the OBC was usable for something onboard like the spa, it would be more attractive, but I'm not sure I could use that much exclusively for shore excursions.

Am I thinking right? I would appreciate opinions from people who have been there and done that. Thanks!

Edited by Pam

I assume you want internet for email to keep in touch. But if you are mainly worried about something major happening, you could tell your friend to text you. Even without an international package, receiving texts is very cheap and sending them isn't bad either. And if something major does happen, you're going to want to have a voice connection no matter how expensive it is.

My friend is very nontechnical, but my daughter lives across the street from me and could get in touch with me if anything drastic happened, so you are right there. But I also own a business and will need to stay in touch with management there, and will need to "be there" to reassure my daughter so that she can reassure Mom's companion. I am also an introvert, so will probably spend some time in my cabin just being alone.

We found €1000 fairly easy to spend on Land Discoveries. It enabled us to go on a tour that was very expensive because it included lunch at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai - we would never have spent over $200 each of our own money on a day tour unless we had had the OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We found €1000 fairly easy to spend on Land Discoveries. It enabled us to go on a tour that was very expensive because it included lunch at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai - we would never have spent over $200 each of our own money on a day tour unless we had had the OBC.

We did afternoon tea at the Taj. That was fun and the snacks delicious. Nice atmosphere and good service. We did it on our own after Yasmine, the concierge mentioned it to us and gave us the details. Recommended.

Phil

I'll ask for you tomorrow, dbali.

P.s. I'm in San Miguel de Allende this week. Someone was preparing a tequila with lemon simple syrup. Sounds like a Mexican lemon drop!

Did we ever get an answer on the LEMON DROP? :)

Edited by fb0075