Wallet stolen

Drews_Cruise

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As some of the other women have posted, I find a small purse very useful on board. I use mine to keep a small digital camera, sunscreen a little container of hand sanitizer, a tiny notebook and a pen, and either a paperback book or a puzzle magazine.

Unless you actually witnessed someone take your wallet and walk away with it , you really cannot report it stolen . Lost or missing? yes.

I am a 9-1-1 dispatcher and if I had a dime for every wallet, cell phone or other valuable that someone loses , I would be cruising on my own yacht .

Unless you can tell security you actually witnessed a crime and have a description of the responsible party. There is not much they can do.

Not sure how security on a ship handles these things , but our police department doesn't even send an officer to speak with you. We give you a report over the phone and a file number, and you can pick up the report at the front desk for when you have to replace your credit cards, Drivers Licence , etc.

Its not that they don't care , its that there really isn't anything they can do.

Once on the ship, we lock everything in the safe. Only take gov't ID when leaving ship with a little loose cash.

Upon boarding a cruise a few years back, we were in the crowded elevator. My DH says he felt the motion of someone touching his wallet. It wasn't stolen, but just be careful and aware in crowds.

Different situation: When I cook and clean up, I place my new ECO drive watch on a service cart in my kitchen. We had some work done in the den which is off the kitchen. I haven't seen my watch since that day. I have turned the house upside down, doubting myself about where it was. It is no where to be found. Things happen to us in busy, new surroundings as well as quiet, familiar places.

I hope OP found the wallet.

One of my favorite parts of cruising is NOT carrying a purse. Everything in the safe on arrival...empty purse under the bed. I put my cruise card and lipgloss in my pocket and feel so free...love it. It is only a short hop back to the room if I need something else....:p

Hope the OP found his wallet..bummer way to start a trip.....

I once discovered jewelry missing when I was unpacking in the cabin and I knew it was there when we left the hotel in the morning. (I know it shouldn't have been in my suitcase to begin with, and I'm smarter about that now.) The only thing I could think was that the porters took it. I reported the loss to Passenger Services and two security personnel came to the cabin and looked everywhere - opened every drawer, looked in every tote bag, etc. but never found it.

It is surprising that if OP reported wallet missing, Security didn't come to cabin to take a report and to look for it.

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, are't you the lucky one who doesn't need reading glasses or medication or an inhaler for severe allergies. Everybody's needs are not the same. Now do you "get it"? :rolleyes:

Because there has been no response from the OP I suspect he may have found it, in his cabin, and he's too embarrassed to let everybody know. 😄

It's been said already but the only thing that needs to be carried is your key card or pass card or whatever your cruise line calls it. I've seen people carry 3 inch thick wallets that can barely fold in half and a ton of keys. In any case I hope the guy find his wallet.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

I've seen women carrying large purses around the ship. I always wear clothing that has a pocket in it to carry my S&S card. That's all you need. When we go ashore I carry a small leather purse large enough for some cash, DL, S&S and passport.

Well, are't you the lucky one who doesn't need reading glasses or medication or an inhaler for severe allergies. Everybody's needs are not the same. Now do you "get it"? :rolleyes:

One doesn't need a purse the size of a duffle bag for those things.:rolleyes:

Tidbits on lost items:

Mom "lost" her passport after boarding, since she was sitting on it Bedlam ensued before we discovered this

My girlfriend told me to "walk backward in my mind" to figure out where a lost thing has gone

It works sometimes

Once I left a camera on a tour and the port rep recovered it

It hopped from port to port following us and eventually did find us

So awesome

Things do go walkies on cruises, my father had his north face coat stolen of the back of his pool chair last year whilst on a transatlantic, our teenage daughter left a very expensive ( to her ) hoodie in the cabin on disembarkation day on the Emerald in June, it was reported to Princess within a hour of leaving the ship but Princess reported back that no items where left in the cabin.

Edited by antsp

One doesn't need a purse the size of a duffle bag for those things.:rolleyes:

Did the person who brought up this issue mention duffle bags? What difference could it possibly make to your life if someone besides you carries a purse on a ship? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a thing to happen and right at the beginning of your cruise, regardless how it happened. I feel sorry for anyone losing a wallet or purse, such a pain! Last year at the end of our cruise I emptied our safe out and placed my mother's belongings next to her purse. A little later I saw her wallet still sitting there but everything else put away. She said that's not my wallet. Well it wasn't mine either. I opened it for info and it was loaded with money and cards and an ID. I called the owner who did not realize he left it to tell him I was taking it to passenger services and he should take the steps to retrieve it. I would hope someone would do that for me.

I sure hope he finds his wallet, good luck op!

Did the person who brought up this issue mention duffle bags? What difference could it possibly make to your life if someone besides you carries a purse on a ship? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Makes no difference to me other than people getting on here saying they lost this and that or it was stolen. Who needs the extra baggage, not me.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by WeBeCruisers? View Post

Because there has been no response from the OP I suspect he may have found it, in his cabin, and he's too embarrassed to let everybody know.

It's been said already but the only thing that needs to be carried is your key card or pass card or whatever your cruise line calls it. I've seen people carry 3 inch thick wallets that can barely fold in half and a ton of keys. In any case I hope the guy find his wallet.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Did the person who brought up this issue mention duffle bags? What difference could it possibly make to your life if someone besides you carries a purse on a ship?

Or a big wallet Shredie?

Edited by elliair

Tidbits on lost items:

Mom "lost" her passport after boarding, since she was sitting on it Bedlam ensued before we discovered this

My girlfriend told me to "walk backward in my mind" to figure out where a lost thing has gone

It works sometimes

Once I left a camera on a tour and the port rep recovered it

It hopped from port to port following us and eventually did find us

So awesome

Funny! We had an experience on our Hawaiian cruise. We sat with a brother and sister on Lido. The sister went into a panic because she lost her cell phone. We worked with her retracing her steps. She was in tears. When she stood up, her phone fell to the floor.:D

What a thing to happen and right at the beginning of your cruise, regardless how it happened. I feel sorry for anyone losing a wallet or purse, such a pain! Last year at the end of our cruise I emptied our safe out and placed my mother's belongings next to her purse. A little later I saw her wallet still sitting there but everything else put away. She said that's not my wallet. Well it wasn't mine either. I opened it for info and it was loaded with money and cards and an ID. I called the owner who did not realize he left it to tell him I was taking it to passenger services and he should take the steps to retrieve it. I would hope someone would do that for me.

I sure hope he finds his wallet, good luck op!

I thank God for people like you. TWICE, in my sleep-deprived new mom days, I accidentally drove off with my wallet sitting on top of my car and both times someone found it and made sure I got it back.

To the person who expressed doubt that a passenger on a Princess Cruise would steal a wallet, either one left unattended or by picking a pocket, I know without a doubt it happens. I am sad to say there are two such scumbags in my family who are unrepentant opportunist, and if you met them, you would never suspect they are black-hearted thieves.

Funny! We had an experience on our Hawaiian cruise. We sat with a brother and sister on Lido. The sister went into a panic because she lost her cell phone. We worked with her retracing her steps. She was in tears. When she stood up, her phone fell to the floor.:D

LMAO! I did that once. I was really stressed out because it was about 4:00 in the morning, I was driving my friend to the airport when she starting having what seemed like a medical emergency (turned out to be a panic attack), her phone battery was dead, we didn't have a charger, and we couldn't find my phone. So, I drove her straight to the ER. As I was getting out of the driver's seat, my phone fell from my lap. Unfortunately, it fell straight into the storm drain I parked next to.

I am confused. The OP has his wallet...then did not have his wallet. He says the wallet was stolen. So this means somebody picked his pocket, or perhaps somebody got into his cabin and stole his wallet (but did not take anything else). Or course the obvious question would be "when was the last time you actually used/saw your wallet?" Unlikely one would use a wallet onboard the ship...so we wonder if perhaps the OP dropped it or left it in the port terminal building during the check-in process....when one often needs to provide their credit card. In this situation if we could not find our wallet we would ask Guest Relations if they could contact the port facilities folks and see if perhaps they found the wallet.

Hank