Opinions on Grandeur cabins, please.

My husband and I are booked for our annual "couple time" cruise vacation to Canada/New England. We have inside cabin 7143 but are concerned about noise from the South Pacific Lounge below.

We could switch to a Deck 8 below the Solarium but wonder if there might be early morning noise from the pool area.

My friend and I just had a Deck 4 cabin close to the Centrum and that ws a bit too noisy for my liking, though not a deal breaker.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks much.

My husband and I are booked for our annual "couple time" cruise vacation to Canada/New England. We have inside cabin 7143 but are concerned about noise from the South Pacific Lounge below.

We could switch to a Deck 8 below the Solarium but wonder if there might be early morning noise from the pool area.

My friend and I just had a Deck 4 cabin close to the Centrum and that ws a bit too noisy for my liking, though not a deal breaker.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks much.

Your inside will have zero noise, enjoy your cruise....:)

Deck 8 below the solarium will be a bit noisy starting about 5 am. Between carts being pushed through and a few people moving chairs around, it can wake you. We always stay in a JS on Deck 8 on GR (below Solarium entrance) and honestly, we can hear noise from above, but it doesn't usually wake us or keep us awake.

I've been on deck 7 forward and on deck 8 midship. Based on my experience, I'd say choose deck 7 over deck 8 and stay away from the centrum on any deck. The noise from 6 below is nothing compared to the noise from 9 above. If you're anywhere near the centrum you might as well be in the centrum.

... We could switch to a Deck 8 below the Solarium but wonder if there might be early morning noise from the pool area....

I would avoid the port side of deck 8 under the Solarium. We've noticed carts going to/from Park Cafe on Legend, Vision, and Enchantment.

• Like 1

I have stayed back there before on Enchantment (Sister ship), and there was some noise early in the evening, but things seemed to end early in the Lounge, and then band in the Centrum plays later than the activities in the South Pacific Lounge.

I have also stayed below the Solarium on Deck 8 on both Grandeur and Enchantment, and you can hear the chairs scraping on the hard floor in your cabin if you ends up under a group of table/chairs.

So I would pick the deck 7 room over deck 8

Edited by Firefighterhoop

• 2 weeks later...

We had a deck 8 sideways inside cabin 5 down from the Centrum. Very quiet, but giggle inducingly small, as I had to hop over the end of the bed to get around the desk. We put the chair by the closet and the coffee table in the closet so one of us could stand to get dressed. It was the perfect price and a great cruise, but would have to seriously think whether we could do 134 square ft again. Definitely would not consider it for more than two.

• 3 years later...
On 2/26/2016 at 1:34 PM, bubba83 said:

We are in room 8037 on Grandeur, I wonder what type of noise we will have...I am expecting a little at night from the centrum....

We are in that room in July. Any advice or photos greatly appreciated.

thanks

Peter

JS on Enchantment above the lounge.  I could hear Karaoke singers and if the crowd liked them.  Wasn't a huge problem but I definitely heard the lounge.

8029 on Vision, mid-ship below pool deck in the vicinity of the main pool.  Never heard anything from above me, never heard Centrum noise.  

2053 on Grandeur was super quiet.  Really didn't mind being on deck2.  Originally booked as a GTY.