RCI 30% off sale - not seeing the discount?

moopetguy

I checked for my cruise I had booked in April....NO difference at all with this "sale".

Actually, no $50 OBC.....so its an even worse deal......go figure.

RCI changes their prices so often(mostly up) that these "sales" really mean nothing in the overall scheme of things.

Only benefit is when they offer some OBC or reduced deposit perks really...other than that they could offer a bogo 100% off and it would still be no cheaper than any other deals they have offered..lol.

Yep. We have 5 cruises booked in the next 11 months. ALL of them are pricing higher under the new sale than the prices we booked at initially. But I'm sure some new customers will think they got a great 30% sale and that's all RCCL is after.

I think after the "30%" off we will save 95$ for the two of us. This may only be because we didn't get OBC with the Crown and Anchor discount on the BOGO.

It is hard to believe that a Superior Ocean View with large balcony on Oasis in September would be greater that 1600$ before the discount. I've never paid that for a Junior Suite on any of the ships.

I feel like their sales are kind of like going to a car dealer. They change the percent and raise the prices.

Royal Caribbean better start getting on board with the other cruise lines. They are offering perks and the cabin prices are a little lower. This is why I tried NCL again last year. Having the drink package as an added perk made the whole trip worth it and I didn't pay any higher that any cabin I've ever paid for on Royal Caribbean.

After our Oasis trip this September I may seriously consider other cruise lines if the prices do not get better

Fran

None of my booked cruises are cheaper with the 30% off sale, but I also didn't expect them to be since I booked them almost a year ago. I would be very surprised if one of the "sales" actually came up cheaper for a booking that was made a year ago...

About $400 total cheaper for the Feb 2017 sailing in a standard balcony for us. No $200 OBC, but paired with the 10% cash back from Discover I'm content with that deal.

Celebrity still has better deals for us for the same week but I just can't fully convince myself to pull the trigger on that yet :o

I noticed the 30% off sale price started showing up on U.S. bookings sometime prior to 04:00 EST. My Liberty sailing booked through an online TA dropped $93 USD in the total amount.

However, as it's been noted, there is no longer OBC from RCI. Should I expect the OBC offered by my TA to go down as well? It's not clear to me if some/any of the OBC offered by the TA is actually from RCI and then "topped up" by the TA.

I am going to contact them this morning about applying the (albeit slightly) lower price on my booking.

Just heard back from my TA. Lower price confirmed and applied, but as I suspected, some of the OBC ($50) came from RCI, which is now lost. But I'm still going to save $43 USD with the 30% sale, so I'll take it. Better than a kick in the pants... :)

I just priced out the exact same cabin using the 30% off rather than the BoGo we booked with on board the Celebrity Reflection in Jan of this year.

The cost of the interior cabin on Deck 2 is $1 more now, plus the loss of the $50 OBC, plus we would lose the $100 OBC we got for booking on board in January.

I just priced out the exact same cabin using the 30% off rather than the BoGo we booked with on board the Celebrity Reflection in Jan of this year.

The cost of the interior cabin on Deck 2 is $1 more now, plus the loss of the $50 OBC, plus we would lose the $100 OBC we got for booking on board in January.

You should keep the OBC from booking on board since you are not changing ship or sail date.

I just saved us $686 for our upcoming cruise. We do lose the $200 OBC but we can now use our stock to get $200 OBC. Very happy!!:D:D

Are you using NO other RC benefit? No balcony discount, no residency rate, no military discount, no senior discount, no Next Cruise certificate?

If NO, then YES, you can get your stockholder's benefit.

:)

Comparing a price NOW (regardless of the "sale pricing") with a price that you got six months, a year, two years ago, is sort of irrelevant, if you know what I mean.

The legitimate comparison is 'what would I have paid for this cruise yesterday' vs 'what would I pay for it today'.

Of course, each of us cares about what WE are paying, but don't scream because you got a great price before that you can't beat today with the new "promotion".

With that in mind, there is a cruise that I have been looking at for the past couple of days.

Today it would be about $50 less.

Comparing a price NOW (regardless of the "sale pricing") with a price that you got six months, a year, two years ago, is sort of irrelevant, if you know what I mean.

The legitimate comparison is 'what would I have paid for this cruise yesterday' vs 'what would I pay for it today'.

Of course, each of us cares about what WE are paying, but don't scream because you got a great price before that you can't beat today with the new "promotion".

With that in mind, there is a cruise that I have been looking at for the past couple of days.

Today it would be about $50 less.

That is exactly what i did. Same price, no OBC today.

Edited by Ocean Boy

This is only my third cruise, and I jumped on the BOGO 50% with OBC thinking I got the deal of the year. But they seemed to adjust the "regular" price so that this 30% off ends up being roughly the same price ($2 more minus the $100 OBC). Granted, I keep reading about people watching for--and getting--price adjustments, so I suppose it can actually go down. But I am curious whether the normal price actually IS more or they just bumped up the regular price to make it seem like a sale. When I purchased in November, I thought it was a 2-week sale, but it seemed to stay at BOGO for 3 months until this "sale."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been watching a couple sailings and wrote down what the prices were in both CDN and US over the past few weeks. The prices in both currencies jumped dramatically today and then RCI's supposed 30% sale kicked in. Math isn't my best subject but even I know that the difference between yesterday's $2000 US cruise price and today's $1915 US offering is not 30%. A true percentage would have been a great deal. I certainly won't be booking anything.

Are you using NO other RC benefit? No balcony discount, no residency rate, no military discount, no senior discount, no Next Cruise certificate?

If NO, then YES, you can get your stockholder's benefit.

:)

Correct. We have two interior connecting staterooms and no discounts at all. I also have DH booked in one room and myself in the other room to make sure we can use the stockholder's benefits in both rooms.