4th of July

nolagirljh

It's not an American ship...and the crew isn't American. Independence Day is an AMERICAN Holiday! No one else celebrates it!

Um.............when the ships sail out of American ports of embarkation, and most of the passengers are Americans.................your statement is patently absurd.

I have been on board over July 4th and the ship had lots of decorations and such. Mini-parade and general hoopla in the Centrum.

On the Norwegian Sky last 4th of July weekend the entire pool deck was decorated in Red, White and Blue streamers. There was a July 4th themed nighttime deck party and after leaving Nassau at 6PM the ship hung a mile off the coast of Paradise Island so we got the Atlantis 20 minute fireworks show at 9PM.

Lots of American Flag bikinis that weekend, too.

I'd imagine Disney would be the best to cruise on for the 4th since they do fireworks right off the ship! I bet they add a little somethin somethin to that July 4th show.

Edited by Moltar

We've done it a few times- there's always a flag cake on the ship someplace. Banners, some mention, etc- nothing massive, but there's always have been something small to celebrate.

There was this one cruise, though.... The itinerary was perfect for the celebration! We were in Bermuda before the 4th, and there were fireworks that were done on shore. Thank you so much, Bermuda.

We were then in Boston for the 3rd, which was cool, as you could feel the anticipation for the next day.

On Independence Day, we were in Newport RI. Normally, when docked here, the ship would leave in the early evening. But the Cruise Director tipped off those of us who went to the M&M, that we would stay late for the fireworks. The ship was docked right off where they were set off. Wow! Totally spectacular!

It would be great to sail again where there's a stop in a US port on the 4th.

We've done it a few times- there's always a flag cake on the ship someplace. Banners, some mention, etc- nothing massive, but there's always have been something small to celebrate.

There was this one cruise, though.... The itinerary was perfect for the celebration! We were in Bermuda before the 4th, and there were fireworks that were done on shore. Thank you so much, Bermuda.

We were then in Boston for the 3rd, which was cool, as you could feel the anticipation for the next day.

On Independence Day, we were in Newport RI. Normally, when docked here, the ship would leave in the early evening. But the Cruise Director tipped off those of us who went to the M&M, that we would stay late for the fireworks. The ship was docked right off where they were set off. Wow! Totally spectacular!

It would be great to sail again where there's a stop in a US port on the 4th.

That would be awesome.

I'd imagine Disney would be the best to cruise on for the 4th since they do fireworks right off the ship! I bet they add a little somethin somethin to that July 4th show.

I was on the Disney Fantasy for 4th of July in 2013. They did decorate the ship and some special performance by the theater cast members, but did not have any fireworks on the 4th of July. They had them the day after or day before, on their normally scheduled Pirate night. As far as anything extra fireworks I think there is a limit to the amount of explosives they can carry on board, so they can't bring extra even if Pirate night landed on the 4th of July.

Has anyone sailed durning 4th of July?

Nope, all ships sail empty on the 4th of July

Do they do anything special?Nope, other than some decorations. Are you looking for a fire works display off a ship in the middle of the ocean?

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Um.............when the ships sail out of American ports of embarkation, and most of the passengers are Americans.................your statement is patently absurd.

I have been on board over July 4th and the ship had lots of decorations and such. Mini-parade and general hoopla in the Centrum.

"patently absurd" .....so appropos! (sp.?) :D

Pet peeve.

It is Independence Day. We celebrate our independence on the 4th of July. While in Basic training in the U.S. Army they drilled this along with the history of our country into us over the holiday.

There, rant over.

JoeRum

Has anyone sailed durning 4th of July? Do they do anything special?

On a Baltic cruise to Russia sailing on the the Adventure of the Seas, we had a giant apple pie and an American flag cake. There was also a 4th of July party on the royal promenade. The attachments are small but you can get the idea.

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

Manny

DSC01544.jpg.965c7957d082b381181793411b15d3f1.jpg

DSC01618.jpg.5c147045f9c897b2dba1bba1dbb7e9bb.jpg

DSC01619.jpg.12fa1324dfc8d253cb0b3c8dcb2d2b15.jpg

DSC01620.jpg.cc5c3d00d375f2ba7c1847f4eb697e2e.jpg

DSC01572.jpg.206a9d0fd41d4c800af0cb454c93f4ac.jpg