"LIVE" from the Brilliance of the Seas 2/18 and 2/22 BTB

niksmom630

Greetings CC Community!

Tomorrow we will be heading down to Tampa for a pre-night stay prior to boarding Brilliance of the Seas on Thursday. I’ve decided to attempt a LIVE report of our travels, which will likely include more photos than commentary, but I’ll also include a daily dose of information, tips and observations. I’ve done a few live reports before, and I really enjoy looking back on them and reliving my trips! For those of you that want to follow along, hopefully the daily dose of photos will be entertaining, and tide you over until your next sailing! If I can answer any questions over the next 10 days, fire away!

This will be our second time on Brilliance, the first was back in 2006, when we did a 10 night partial Panana Canal transit. By far, one of my most memorable sailings (the Canal is truly an engineering marvel) and when I first fell in love with the Radiance class vessels! I started my cruise “bucket list” a few years ago and still outstanding for us was a B2B sailing. Two (7) night sailings just wasn’t an option for us at this point in time, so when we discovered some good pricing on two shorter sailings, we decided use it as an opportunity to scratch one off the ever growing “bucket list”

A bit about us….myself (Chris) and husband Rick, along with our daughters, 29, and 16—will be on the first 4 night sailing, along with my husband’s brothers, sister in law, 2 nieces, their spouses and my great nephew. 12 of us in total, ranging in age from 59 to 2 years. It is a mini family reunion of sorts, as half of us are living in the Chicago area, and the rest are in Texas. Following our four night sailing, we’ll be sending all the young’un’s packing (literally, while we snicker and laugh at their suitcases lined up in the hallway) and us “old” folks will be staying on for another 5 nights, when we’ll be joined by two of our dear friends, who have been our cruising partners for many years.

PRE-CRUISE

We have booked a two bedroom suite for our family of 4 at Sailport Inn and Suites in Tampa. Have read some favorable reviews, and it is in walking distance to the Rusty Pelican restaurant, where we should be able to enjoy dinner along with some lovely bay views. They do offer a free shuttle from the airport, but we will need to arrange for transportation to the port.

ITINERARY

We will be enjoying lots of sea days on these two sailings…..

E23A13AE-5450-4140-BA09-31A2AD0CB1BF_zpskera86bx.png

C44E0A9C-8717-4752-840B-D77C20B4DBCD.png_zpsuqice1zt.jpeg

PORT PLANS

On our first 4 day sailing, we will be enjoying a beach day in Cozumel at Nachi Cocum. Based on the rave reviews here, we decided it would be a great choice for our “family” trip!

On the second sailing, we have no plans for the Cozumel stop, and may just enjoy the empty ship. :) To think I may have the solarium all to myself is a pretty compelling reason to remain on board. In Grand Cayman, we have made arrangements to rent two beach cabanas at the Royal Palms. A link to their website below.

https://royalpalmscayman.com

We visited here a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. I was able to reserve 2 cabanas next to each other, and was aided by this “cabana” map I found somewhere out here on CC……

C4A59FA1-B9C0-4C92-9C1E-9AF03024C809_zpsoqj7td6e.jpg

More tomorrow, folks! —when I’ll commence by photo taking in earnest….hopefully the ships WiFi, Photobucket, IOS 9.2.1 and the CC app will decide to play nicely together over the next 10 days! Off to do some last minute packing….sure am going to miss my furry “girls”…...thus leads to the official "stink eye" photo next to the suitcase.....some of our household members are not so happy about our impending departure

DBE4F0C3-5D19-4864-B5C7-1622B33FA2B9_zpscif0qdtp.jpg

Following along! Not only is Brilliance a favorite ship but we'll be headed down that way ourselves in March, on the Oasis. I too am looking forward to a sunny beach day at Nachi Cocom. Have fun with your family and friends!

I hope my stars are all aligned and this live report comes to fruition.! Bob (cleara) our resident expert, warned me in advance that the Brilliance WIFI may be uncooperative!

The Zika virus warning is alive and well..... 😳

155DDCA7-484E-4FCE-823D-F2FAE2A3394E_zpsnmrmtnxl.png

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Vacation has officially begun....

9AB93955-3268-4491-BAE7-2C269FFD1177_zpsxafamsnm.jpg

"Mystery" egg strata....I don't even want to know what's in this sausage! Note second Bloody Mary in the foreground....liquid courage needed before I dig into this yummy meal.....

993EEE86-EFCD-4C30-93B4-C8F82025B6FB_zpsxi2pjnqq.jpg

Next up, photos from Tampa!

Ahhhh, warmth and greenery! All checked in at the Sailport Inn and Suites. Nice property, speedy WIFI, just uploaded 18 photos to Photobucket in less than a minute!👍

Tampa airport water features...

C7C843F9-8EEA-4654-97C7-D07A12FA97AC_zpssvgy5dje.jpg

4836451C-1FD6-47E4-8491-2E94D2FE5F02_zpsrt1ahwvk.jpg

Sailport Inn photos....

31BC7E86-DBA1-4948-98E3-FCEB63AECB89_zpsgsjc4ydn.jpg

E1985560-49CA-490F-B489-DE1F4F33A343_zpspm0bnngj.jpg

D1A2C8EA-630A-4580-B63C-1A92A4467C5B_zps03se6tnp.jpg

Hi Chris.

I am looking forward to your review. I knew you were leaving shortly and I was expect a few "revenge photos" showing warm weather while we freeze her at home, but what a great surprise to find a cruise review. Sounds like it should be an amazing time had by all, except perhaps your fur girls.;)

Looking forward to this as we will be doing the 5 night cruise in November. Looking forward to the live review. You should have great weather leaving tomorrow. Looks great for coming back into port on Monday and leaving again. I live just 40 mins south of Tampa in Palmetto.

A few more photos around the property...waiting for our Houston contingency to arrive, then off for dinner at the Rusty Pelican....

68FC3D5E-2764-4828-A0FC-A36B037F8D9A_zpshn0guqy6.jpg

78E4165C-2747-4DA6-8385-DE28D16CAC74_zpsqda103fc.jpg

Up until a few weeks ago, there was no restaurant on the property, although the hotel shuttle will take you to any locations on Rocky Point. They recently opened a cafe that serves snacks, burgers etc...but apparently their liquor license is still "in process"....thus, if you want a beverage, you have to buy one from the convenience store in the lobby 😳 my afternoon snack was delish ....

D89F9029-448F-4B80-88DD-0D0B786C24BE_zpshk5thbor.jpg

More later.....

A few more photos around the property...waiting for our Houston contingency to arrive, then off for dinner at the Rusty Pelican....

68FC3D5E-2764-4828-A0FC-A36B037F8D9A_zpshn0guqy6.jpg

78E4165C-2747-4DA6-8385-DE28D16CAC74_zpsqda103fc.jpg

Up until a few weeks ago, there was no restaurant on the property, although the hotel shuttle will take you to any locations on Rocky Point. They recently opened a cafe that serves snacks, burgers etc...but apparently their liquor license is still "in process"....thus, if you want a beverage, you have to buy one from the convenience store in the lobby 😳 my afternoon snack was delish ....

D89F9029-448F-4B80-88DD-0D0B786C24BE_zpshk5thbor.jpg

More later.....

Your photos are amazing! What kind of camera?

Thanks for posting, really excited to travel with you:-)

Hi Chris.

I am looking forward to your review. I knew you were leaving shortly and I was expect a few "revenge photos" showing warm weather while we freeze her at home, but what a great surprise to find a cruise review. Sounds like it should be an amazing time had by all, except perhaps your fur girls.;)

Your photos are amazing! What kind of camera?

Thanks for posting, really excited to travel with you:-)

Thanks Andrew! More revenge photos forthcoming 😂 the "fur girls" have a live in dog sitter who is also a vet tech! They will be well cared for and spoiled! for the price, we could probably book both our Golden Retrievers in an inside cabin but they both suffer from over exuberant greeting syndrome, so they'd never pass for service dogs!

Tamtot, I'm glad the photos look good...hard to tell on my iPad with the glare! The camera is a Sony Nex 6, with a few from my iPhone tossed in....

Enjoying a beverage on the balcony....looking forward to dinner and sleep tonight... 4 am wake ups are a killer.....