Balcony GTY to Concierge GTY for $80 pp

1bravesfan

Concierge cabins are also a bit larger on the M class than regular balconies, but you probably know about the amenities for Concierge class. I say go for it. You might get lucky and get a C1!

I just checked inventory of available Concierge Balcony cabins and all that's showing to be available is C2 Cabins 8050 and 8108. Is there any chance that I would get assigned a cabin other than those cabins?

I just checked inventory of available Concierge Balcony cabins and all that's showing to be available is C2 Cabins 8050 and 8108. Is there any chance that I would get assigned a cabin other than those cabins?

Yes, cabins do come and go, so there is no guarantee. It's a four day cruise. How bad can the cabin be and how long will you suffer, if it's not the best? Wayneair has it right: if you need the extra points, go for it. That's the only reason I would recommend a Concierge. Once we reached Elite+, DW and I bid farewell to that class.

We have just upgraded on the Connie for our April Cruise. We initially booked Oceanview then when prices came down we upgraded to GTY balcony and then upgraded again to a GTY Concierge and got a C1 cabin. We weren't happy with the location of our allocated so swapped for a C1 elsewhere on the ship. Because we paid for the upgrade we kept all our drinks package and OBC that were "initial" perks. We have ended up very happy campers. For a 12 day cruise we have upgraded twice for $NZ370. Very reasonable and we get the extra points of 5 per room instead of 2 in oceanview.

i watch prices every day. yesterday I saw that the Aqua was $40 more for the cabin then what we paid for our concierge. called travel agent and paid the $40. We have never tried Aqua and want to try Blu. Last month, it would have cost $440 to upgrade, so glad I didn't do anything then.

i watch prices every day. yesterday I saw that the Aqua was $40 more for the cabin then what we paid for our concierge. called travel agent and paid the $40. We have never tried Aqua and want to try Blu. Last month, it would have cost $440 to upgrade, so glad I didn't do anything then.

Its a pity the travel agents who get paid 15% commission aren't as active looking after their customers

Definitely, for the slightly larger room and the extra club points. Keep in mind that as a guarantee though, you may end up on deck 9 which has the buffet or pool above it, and the balcony has a cover. I actually quite like Deck 9 on the M-class ships but others aren't as big a fan.

we upgraded to GTY balcony and then upgraded again to a GTY Concierge and got a C1 cabin. We weren't happy with the location of our allocated so swapped for a C1 elsewhere on the ship

Other than the 4 C1 cabins on deck 6 of the Connie, the rest of the C1's are aft facing. To get a C1 as a GTY is pretty sweet. Some people just love the C1's on 6 because of the quiet location among the suites. And the aft CC cabins with the amazing verandas are to die for. What did you opt for?

we upgraded to GTY balcony and then upgraded again to a GTY Concierge and got a C1 cabin. We weren't happy with the location of our allocated so swapped for a C1 elsewhere on the ship

Other than the 4 C1 cabins on deck 6 of the Connie, the rest of the C1's are aft facing. To get a C1 as a GTY is pretty sweet. Some people just love the C1's on 6 because of the quiet location among the suites. And the aft CC cabins with the amazing verandas are to die for. What did you opt for?

I am waiting for my cabin assignment for the Balcony GTY before I decide. I am afraid at this point we may not get cabin assignment until check in though. We sail on February 25.

Definitely, for the slightly larger room and the extra club points. Keep in mind that as a guarantee though, you may end up on deck 9 which has the buffet or pool above it, and the balcony has a cover. I actually quite like Deck 9 on the M-class ships but others aren't as big a fan.

I am afraid that I will get one of the two remaining C2 cabins 8050 and 8052 if I upgrade. However, I guess it could be worse.

We were allocated one of the Deck 6 cabins which we though may be claustrophobic sandwiched between the suites so we went in search of available cabins elsewhere in the same class. We found vacancies on Decks 8 and 9. Because Deck 9 is under the Oceanview café and Bar so we chose a Deck 8 cabin because there should be limited to no noise coming from above. We consider ourselves very fortunate to get our allocated cabins.

I am waiting for my cabin assignment for the Balcony GTY before I decide. I am afraid at this point we may not get cabin assignment until check in though. We sail on February 25.

GTY cabins appear to be allocated within a couple of days if the cruise has been paid in full as ours was.

We were allocated one of the Deck 6 cabins which we though may be claustrophobic sandwiched between the suites so we went in search of available cabins elsewhere in the same class. We found vacancies on Decks 8 and 9. Because Deck 9 is under the Oceanview café and Bar so we chose a Deck 8 cabin because there should be limited to no noise coming from above. We consider ourselves very fortunate to get our allocated cabins.

I LOVE those Deck 6 C1 cabins!! Especially 6144 & 6143 Monster balcony and great room stewards as they also look after the suites. The whole area is very quiet as well.

I just had a look at the website a few minutes ago and GTY Concierge was being quoted higher than C3 or C2 but cheaper than C1.

I spent 35 days on the Solstice in a 2D cabin obstructed balcony and it had no effect on our cruise whatsoever. If the price was right I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The extra points are important for some people and price is more important to others. If one wants the points and can get a good price to me its a no brainer. The onboard perks of a cheap bottle of bubbly and it is cheap is about the only thing of any significance. The fruit and canapés can be uplifted from the buffet. Room service breakfast is a little better but no that significant

Why does Celebrity keep doing this to me (or maybe I am doing it to myself by checking prices too often)?

I can upgrade from a Balcony GTY to a Concierge GTY for $80 pp on the Celebrity Constellation (4 night cruise). Is it worth it?

How do you "check" --are you calling or doing it online?

I just looked at our upcoming cruise and the rate for the cabin is the same--but the promotions got better. So the OBC went up to $400 with the same other perks

I had my TA call Celebrity and was told - no dice-- that since I was fully paid there was no change to the promotions/obc etc.

There seem to be a lot of staterooms open. Wonder if they will call or offer an upgrade at the terminal

How do you "check" --are you calling or doing it online?

I just looked at our upcoming cruise and the rate for the cabin is the same--but the promotions got better. So the OBC went up to $400 with the same other perks

I had my TA call Celebrity and was told - no dice-- that since I was fully paid there was no change to the promotions/obc etc.

There seem to be a lot of staterooms open. Wonder if they will call or offer an upgrade at the terminal

I checked online and compared prices offered between different classes. Increases in perks on offer are normally for new bookings only to entice new customers not to increase the benefit of existing customers. You pays your money you takes your chances on prices going up or down. Since you are fully paid I would ask what is the upgrade price which should be the difference between what is on offer now and how much you have PAID already and see what they come back with. I know this to be trues because I had a price quoted for an upgrade from my TA and took the argument direct to X Head Office and that's the answer they came back with. When I went back to the TA suddenly things started to fall into place.Please keep us informed