NEWS: Viking Ocean Cruises to Come to Australia for the First Time

Very interesting :)

I wonder if they would come to New Zealand?

It would make sense. With largely American passengers, they would want to cruise around NZ too if they were coming all the way to AU. I checked a few port schedules (Dunedin, Auckland, Akaroa) but didn't see any bookings yet. Perhaps you can help me dig around! The ship returns to Sydney just under a month after its first arrival -- that's too short for a leisurely AU circumnavigation but about the right duration for NZ because Viking does lots of overnight stays, so they'd take their time.

It would make sense. With largely American passengers, they would want to cruise around NZ too if they were coming all the way to AU. I checked a few port schedules (Dunedin, Auckland, Akaroa) but didn't see any bookings yet. Perhaps you can help me dig around! The ship returns to Sydney just under a month after its first arrival -- that's too short for a leisurely AU circumnavigation but about the right duration for NZ because Viking does lots of overnight stays, so they'd take their time.

I will keep an eye on the NZ ports schedules and see if she shows up :)

We have done a river cruise with Viking and were very impressed in the way they do things. It was our one and only river cruise, but would definitely do it again with Viking.

Their ocean cruises won a heap of awards this year. They are expensive but include everything.....well worth it I believe!

Edited by Fletch1

We have done a river cruise with Viking and were very impressed in the way they do things. It was our one and only river cruise, but would definitely do it again with Viking.

There ocean cruises won a heap of awards this year. They are expensive but include everything.....well worth it I believe!

Looks too expensive for me.

Their ocean cruises won a heap of awards this year. They are expensive but include everything.....well worth it I believe!

Time will tell if the prices will be competitive taking into account all the inclusions of course.:D

I would still get plenty out of it though.;)

I'm one of those who could at least break even on the AIBP, while not drinking alcohol.

Strewth $59 a day (or thereabouts) is only about 20 Diet Cokes. No doubts I could crack that.