Formal Night on the Regal

F858MM

If you do a forum search on "formal night" at the top/right of the Princess main page you will find lots of threads on the subject. Many are locked because they tend to get nasty/heated, then they get locked. :(

Here is one,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217383&highlight=formal+night

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you do a forum search on "formal night" at the top/right of the Princess main page you will find lots of threads on the subject. Many are locked because they tend to get nasty/heated, then they get locked. :(

Here is one,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217383&highlight=formal+night

Please search.

Really? Why ask? You already told us you are not going to.

Where did they say they were not going?

To OP No you do not have to dress formal to eat in the MDR any night. Dress a little nicer on formal nght and enjoy your meal in the MDR.

Edited by Potstech

Do you have to be dressed formal on the formal night to get into mdr. I would like to eat in mdr might not want to dress formal?

Yet another formal night question. Get ready for an avalanche of responses particularly from the CC dress police.

All men need for formal nights is a pair of pants (dockers will do) and a long sleeved button up shirt (aka "dress shirt"). Coats, suits, ties etc are not required to get into the MDR on formal night. Woman can wear just about anything that has sparkles including flip flops (already had that discussion with them one night when I wore my flip flops into the MDR!). This is what I wear to the MDR on formal nights and have never had a problem (other than the episode with the flip flops). In a few weeks I will be boarding my 18th cruise with Princess.

Do you have to be dressed formal on the formal night to get into mdr. I would like to eat in mdr might not want to dress formal?

Men do not need a tux and women do not need fancy ballroom gowns.

90%+ of men will be in suits and ties.

Almost all women will have on a nice pants suit or dress or nice slacks with a nice blouse.

Do what you want and don't worry about how it affects other people or what they may think of you; and just ignore the looks you will certainly get.

You will be in the minority, but who cares.

Do what you want and don't worry about how it affects other people or what they may think of you; and just ignore the looks you will certainly get.

You will be in the minority, but who cares.

Many don't including the Cruise line as they do not enforce their own guidelines. Who cares what looks other people are giving you? Not many there either. You probably will never see let alone talk to most of those onboard so why should you worry what they think about you. Go with what the cruise line permits.

Edited by Potstech

I wore a Tropical Leisure Suit(expensive), short sleeved to formal night(Regal) and was 'Reminded' it was formal night:rolleyes: Really upset me. Saw people in polos etc. Decided it won't happen again. I'll get 'Dressed' or just choose another eatery.

Formal night in the DR on the Emerald= yes

on the Royal= no..at least as of last Dec.

As a word of caution, the staff at the door of the restaurant will determine what is appropriate and what isn't. A random CC user is not the final say on something, so be prepared to be turned away if wearing jeans on the Emerald on formal night. There are printed guidelines outlining the dress policy. You might want to start there and then decide what works for both you and the ship.

Now, before the usual suspect(s) decide to jump all over me, may I note that nowhere in this post did I say you must wear a tux on threat of death. :rolleyes:

Formal night in the DR on the Emerald= yes

on the Royal= no..at least as of last Dec.

As a word of caution, the staff at the door of the restaurant will determine what is appropriate and what isn't. A random CC user is not the final say on something, so be prepared to be turned away if wearing jeans on the Emerald on formal night. There are printed guidelines outlining the dress policy. You might want to start there and then decide what works for both you and the ship.

Now, before the usual suspect(s) decide to jump all over me, may I note that nowhere in this post did I say you must wear a tux on threat of death. :rolleyes:

Of course my post was not the stated dress code but one of what they'll accept at the DR entrance. Many people still dress as per their stated dress code while a good number are just fed up with getting dressed up to eat dinner & dress as they please.

Of course my post was not the stated dress code but one of what they'll accept at the DR entrance. Many people still dress as per their stated dress code while a good number are just fed up with getting dressed up to eat dinner & dress as they please.

You are reporting your experience, and that's fine. But not everyone has the exact experiences that you do, and newbies should be aware that things might operate differently on different ships. You stated unequivocally that jeans are permissible on formal night, and just because you saw someone once go into the MDR wearing jeans on formal night, it does not automatically follow that every person on every ship will be welcomed with that dress.

I wonder if OP is happy he asked yet. :)

Edited by shredie

You are reporting your experience, and that's fine. But not everyone has the exact experiences that you do, and newbies should be aware that things might operate differently on different ships. You stated unequivocally that jeans are permissible on formal night, and just because you saw someone once go into the MDR wearing jeans on formal night, it does not automatically follow that every person on every ship will be welcomed with that dress.

I wonder if OP is happy he asked yet. :)

You're correct. I should have stated that it's not the official dress code that they publish but only one that they'll accept at this time. Who knows? Next week they might only allow people in suit & tie or gowns to enter the DR on formal nights. :)

Although I seriously doubt it. ;)