Bread Basket?

hlauburn

Sailing on the Breeze in March and I was just wondering how the bread basket works, particularly at bigger tables when you're seated with other people. Do the waiters serve you from the baskets first before putting it on the table? Are their tongs? I realize this is paranoid, but I'm a little creeped out by passing a bread basket around with strange people touching my bread :D

Sailing on the Breeze in March and I was just wondering how the bread basket works, particularly at bigger tables when you're seated with other people. Do the waiters serve you from the baskets first before putting it on the table? Are their tongs? I realize this is paranoid, but I'm a little creeped out by passing a bread basket around with strange people touching my bread :D

The Breeze has the bread on the table since it has the American Table/American Feast menu.

Don't you worry about the " strange people " touching tongs that you would then touch also?

:eek: You're going on a ship of 3000+ and you're worried abvout a bread basket? For real? I could care less if my table mate picked me a piece of bread out of the basket and threw it across the table on to my plate. Man up already! Do you wear a mask and gloves about the ship too? I'm just poking you with humor, don't take it seriously. :D

:eek: You're going on a ship of 3000+ and you're worried abvout a bread basket? For real? I could care less if my table mate picked me a piece of bread out of the basket and threw it across the table on to my plate. Man up already! Do you wear a mask and gloves about the ship too? I'm just poking you with humor, don't take it seriously. :D

If you could care less, then maybe you should! [emoji6]

And we do plan to bring a hefty supply of latex gloves and masks...one can never be too safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So true. I got a chuckle from your post. :D

Dirty dirty dirty enjoy your intestinal discomfort. Their hands to your mouth.

That was a really rude answer (even though you said you were joking) You never know what other people are going through, and in YOUR WORDS cannot "man up".

I would not be able to eat the bread if another person touched through it. (I am battling cancer and have to be careful, but was given the ok to cruise next week from my doctor as long as I was careful) I don't know how many times I have watched people leave the bathroom without washing their hands. On our first cruise I watched my table mate pick a piece of used chewing gum off her high heels at the dinner table then butter her bread 5 minutes later without washing her hands. The OP was just asking a question, we never know someones reason for asking it. She could be battling cancer or have another illness and really needs to be careful. On a cruise you will come across tons of germs, but you can also try to prevent them if possible.

Edited by luv-my-kids

I can't wait cause it's been too long since my bread had a good touching.

There aren't any tongs for the bread baskets on either Carnival or Celebrity. I haven't seen anyone "rifling" through the bread on any occasion. It's pretty easy to see what you want and take it without fear of "contaminating" the remaining ones.

Good grief people, worried about the sterile bread? How did it make it to the table? Someone baked it, cut it up, put it in a basket that's been recycled a few times, and that's before it even reaches the table:D

Some peoples fears are beyond my comprehension.

On the Glory they did not use tongs. Put the basket on the tablet and the people at the table next to us was picking up breads and putting them back with their hands. Grossed me out.

Fortunately, we were at a table for 2.

To solve your fear, just ask for tongs or your own bread basket.

Good grief people, worried about the sterile bread? How did it make it to the table? Someone baked it, cut it up, put it in a basket that's been recycled a few times, and that's before it even reaches the table:D

Some peoples fears are beyond my comprehension.

And since Carnival passes their health inspections I am sure the person that made the bread frequently washed their hands. Not sure if Joe Smoe next to me even bathed.

What are "kudies"? Is that the Dutch spelling of cooties? :rolleyes::)

Obviously, since I don't know how to spell "cooties" they aren't of real importance to me. But thanks for the spelling lesson.

In all seriousness if someone does have a problem with communal food I am sure that the waiter would be happy to bring them their own bread basket.

Ask for your own bread basket for your group.

I have seen people rifling through the bread basket, touching every piece and then putting them back. No thank you. This is a germ transfer I can avoid, even if I can't avoid them all!

just won't share or break bread with table mates who aren't family...sorry.

so far we have not shared table with the american table and I assume since we are doing ATD or YTD we won't be sharing a table on our upcoming cruise.