Aft Cabins on Radiance

ReneeFLL

Hi Everyone,

We are think of switching our cabin to get a balcony aft cabin on deck ten. We also have a choice of a JS, but towards the back and not an aft cabin. We love the JS on RC, but can't decide if we want to give up the extra room of a JS to go for the aft balcony room. We have always wanted an aft cabin so this will be our first. It is only an eight day cruise.

Thanks

Edited by ReneeFLL

Since you have never tried an aft-facing cabin why not give it a try? I have aft-facing on Brilliance ( same class) transatlantic in Oct and it will be my 3rd time in those cabins. Cruisers swear by them when they try them. I'm hooked. Best balconies in the balcony category. Guess what I'm trying to say is try something new. You won't know if you like it or not until you try. You may become hooked too . Happy cruising.

Hi Everyone,

We are think of sailing to Alaska this year and can get a balcony aft cabin on deck ten. We also have a choice of a JS, but towards the back and not an aft cabin. We love the JS on RC, but can't decide if we want to give up the extra room of a JS to go for the aft balcony room. We have always wanted an aft cabin so this will be our first. It is only a seven day cruise.

Thanks

We had an aft balcony cabin on Radiance in Alaska - we really liked it because of less wind. I had shorts on for a little while when we were viewing Hubbard Glacier - then the sun went behind a cloud ;)

I haven't sailed with RC yet, but I have had an aft cabin in Alaska. Absolutely go for the aft! First, you can see both shores from your balcony. If you're in a side cabin, you only see one shore. Second, ice cold wind was an issue for us, especially in Glacier Bay. We actually had an aft corner on the Westerdam, so had a choice of side or aft and we spent 99% of our balcony time aft facing because it was so much warmer protected from the wind.

Found a better one that showed the whole balcony.

You will love it...of course those handsome people are not us, but our buds! But that was our balcony.....we have a deck 9 center of Aft in September for our return to Alaska on Solstice.

And this was our view as we left Hubbard Glacier:

2vw60lw.png

Edited by BecciBoo

Found a better one that showed the whole balcony.

You will love it...of course those handsome people are not us, but our buds! But that was our balcony.....we have a deck 9 center of Aft in September for our return to Alaska on Solstice.

And this was our view as we left Hubbard Glacier:

2vw60lw.png

Very nice. I'm loving it already.

Those same buds are repeating with us and we have adjoining cabins....we cannot wait, out of 20 something cruises, Alaska was our favorite. They had to drag me off the balcony to eat! We saw so much more than they did from their starboard side balcony, hence, they spent a lot of time on ours.

We have a video of a breaching humpback, orca, porpoise and lots of gorgeous scenery from that room!

Here is a parting shot leaving Vancouver:

314oxw4.jpg

And what I call "Whale Papparazzi"

2zzmiar.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

Someday I am going to have to try a port / starboard balcony. ;)

My first cruise I was a guest of my mother in an aft suite. The aft sort of stuck with me and so I haven't wanted to try anything else. Must be fear of the unknown. I know I LOVE the aft balconies! :D

A few shots off the aft where you can see both shores. Our views were so much better than the side.

Entering Glacier Bay

7987332298_857a59df9f.jpg

leaving the the Grand Pacific Glacier:

7987346008_83b51125dd.jpg

Leaving Johns Hopkins Glacier

7987353531_8995dd7d09.jpg

Edited by NoobCruise

If you can get a corner aft on the Radiance that is even better as they are much larger and wrap partially around.. We had one for our Alaska cruise and a corner aft on the Brillance for our New England cruise. Just the best. RCI called us up and offered us a JS free upgrade for the Alaska and we turned them down. No regrets. Afts are very special.

I HATE the loooooong walk on Radiance class ship to the aft area.....big pain in the ass if you need to run back to the cabin for something! I love JS's, and would prefer something near the hump area and the main elevator/stairs! Much more convenient!

We are looking to get an AFT cabin on Radiance too for a Alaska cruise. We had one on Jewel and we LOVED it!

I am wondering something...when we cruised Jewel it was in the Caribbean. We were given advice not to book on deck 10 because the windjammer deck is directly above on deck 11. Does it matter as much on a Alaska cruise when it can be much cooler meaning less folks above OR would there possibly be even more folks because of the sightseeing.

If not sure, we'll go with Deck 8 or Deck 9. Thanks :-)

We are looking to get an AFT cabin on Radiance too for a Alaska cruise. We had one on Jewel and we LOVED it!

I am wondering something...when we cruised Jewel it was in the Caribbean. We were given advice not to book on deck 10 because the windjammer deck is directly above on deck 11. Does it matter as much on a Alaska cruise when it can be much cooler meaning less folks above OR would there possibly be even more folks because of the sightseeing.

If not sure, we'll go with Deck 8 or Deck 9. Thanks :-)

I can't see as there would be much difference in the use of Windjammer.

I can't see as there would be much difference in the use of Windjammer.

There actually was when we sailed Alaska...we never noticed or heard any one above us and we were out on our aft balcony often....The caribbean and western med we saw people above us at times only if we went out completely to the railing but it never bothered us at all.