Saturday Night Takeaway UK TV

sxphil

A query, as I don't watch A and D and am not on this cruise.

The free cruise tickets ,as they are being offered on the A and D show, are they not actually being done entirely by that production company.

IE the production company purchased 50-100 cabins off P and O at cost price/or below, and it is them offering them to nere do wells, not P and O.

Hopefully besides the chaos the filming is causing, it will not cause too much offence to the people who have paid to go on this cruise.

I'm pretty sure P&O promised X number of free cabins in lieu of the publicity this will bring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure P&O promised X number of free cabins in lieu of the publicity this will bring.

100 balcony cabins (according to Travel Weekly) for winners

Plus 50 for ITV :eek:

Loads of cabins still left - Anyone fancy it? ... Anyone ... Anyone? :D

Sorry but do not think this is giving P&O good publicity in any way and as a shareholder do not think it will make any difference at all to the share price.

So exposure to ITV for an hour and a half, positive exposure is not good. You are joking.

Dam sight better than doing a fly on the wall documentary as other lines have done.

You do know that the winner of the cruise did what she did years ago and is now a Hotel owner and a regular cruiser. Her boss was in on the program and could be seen laughing about it all.

As ever do not believe all you read in the gutter press.

But we didn't read it in the gutter press we all saw it on Saturday night. It doesn't matter when she committed the deceit she still it.

As for her boss being in on 'it' well if someone deceived me I would jump at the chance to tell everybody about it and by going on the program he sure did that.

There are plenty of young new cruisers that p&o will to be wanting to attract. When all the dust settles, about giving away tickets and who to. One thing will remain in the minds of people p&o cruises.

Advertising is a funny world, whilst they may upset a few loyal customers, most will stall loyal, and they hope to gain some new customers.

I think Dai is right, an hour and a half prime time is going to create enormous interest in cruising. P&O will reach out to an audience who may never have considered it as an option. It may upset some onboard but I suspect it's worth the risk. Personally it's not for me, I don't have kids, I'm fairly conservative (hhhmmmm) but for P&O it can open up a new market - profit is the name of the game. I do think P&O are very careful to strike a balance, constantly assessing opinion and striking a balance between change and keeping existing customers happy - this is demonstrated by having some informal venues on formal nights, best of both. I'm quick to criticise when I don't like something, but I'm not on this cruise - if I were I would have considered a refund, if this was not an option I'd go with an open mind and enjoy my cruise. Gawping at celebs has never been my thing so I'd just avoid them [emoji106]🏼

O joy P and O look to be going the same way as Thomson Cruises we were on Majestery surrounded by drunk people falling alsleep at the dinner table and running around the ship with wine bottles.

That's not the image of a Thomsons cruise which has been portrayed by most people. Was this not a one off or did the all in nature have something to do with it?

That's not the image of a Thomsons cruise which has been portrayed by most people. Was this not a one off or did the all in nature have something to do with it?

When I was on Thomson on AI. you didn't get a wine bottle. You just had your wine glass topped up.

I wish I knew where I was when on all these bad things happen on pando and Thomson ships. I have never seen anything untoward.

A lot of people are complaining about P and O/ITV giving away free cruises but how many of us enter competitions to win a 'free' cruise. Surely its the same thing. Although I am not on this cruise I would take a free cruise if it was coming my way. Ant and Dec aren't too bad for Geordies. lol

Thomsons Majestry we had two people fall alseep drunk on 2 seperate occaisons and it was not just during the day that people were walking around with wine bottles. One of the guests we sat with at dinner said that as they had paid for the wine they just asked for the rest of the bottle and took it with them, which I think many people did.

A lot of people are complaining about P and O/ITV giving away free cruises but how many of us enter competitions to win a 'free' cruise. Surely its the same thing.

I think people are concerned about the criteria used to select certain winners rather than giving away free cruises?

I think people are concerned about the criteria used to select certain winners rather than giving away free cruises?

Maybe the winner on saturday night was a bit of a no no but the previous week it was just random people in the audience. Plus the lady working for Asda was given the cruise as a honeymoon. Just everyday people like I would imagine a lot of P and O cruisers are.

Maybe the winner on saturday night was a bit of a no no but the previous week it was just random people in the audience. Plus the lady working for Asda was given the cruise as a honeymoon. Just everyday people like I would imagine a lot of P and O cruisers are.

Yes I agree - I can't see those people upsetting anyone :)

Edited by Scriv

It seems peoples concerns have reached the top.

This has been posted on P&Os facebook page.

Good afternoon,

I know there has been a great deal of talk on our page about Saturday Night Takeaway and so I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you exactly what is going to be happening on B608 on Britannia.

First of all, I really am so sorry that we have had to close the Arena. The Arena is a space which is used quite infrequently at this time of year and provided the ideal location for the storing of equipment by ITV.

As you know, we are not able to have under 12s watching the show on deck and primarily this is because of welfare concerns and also the length of time standing outside. However, we are putting together special screenings for children in the youth area which will be hosted by a special guest - it should be a really great evening for them. If you want to watch the show with your children then you can do so in the theatre or one of the other venues on board, many of which will have celebrity guests and I can guarantee will be a fantastic experience for you all.

For those of you who have said you don't want to watch the show at all then I hope you will take advantage of our two days in Barcelona and enjoy everything this amazing city has to offer with wonderful bars, restaurants and spectacular architecture. There will be complimentary shuttle buses from the ship into town which will run late into the evening.

We are also putting on lots of additional entertainment and special guests for the second week of the cruise - all will be revealed when you get on board but be assured that Saturday Night Takeaway is just one element of this two week holiday.

I do hope you have a fantastic holiday with P&O Cruises.

Christopher Edgington

Director, P&O Cruises

It seems peoples concerns have reached the top.

This has been posted on P&Os facebook page.

Good afternoon,

I know there has been a great deal of talk on our page about Saturday Night Takeaway and so I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you exactly what is going to be happening on B608 on Britannia.

First of all, I really am so sorry that we have had to close the Arena. The Arena is a space which is used quite infrequently at this time of year and provided the ideal location for the storing of equipment by ITV.

As you know, we are not able to have under 12s watching the show on deck and primarily this is because of welfare concerns and also the length of time standing outside. However, we are putting together special screenings for children in the youth area which will be hosted by a special guest - it should be a really great evening for them. If you want to watch the show with your children then you can do so in the theatre or one of the other venues on board, many of which will have celebrity guests and I can guarantee will be a fantastic experience for you all.

For those of you who have said you don't want to watch the show at all then I hope you will take advantage of our two days in Barcelona and enjoy everything this amazing city has to offer with wonderful bars, restaurants and spectacular architecture. There will be complimentary shuttle buses from the ship into town which will run late into the evening.

We are also putting on lots of additional entertainment and special guests for the second week of the cruise - all will be revealed when you get on board but be assured that Saturday Night Takeaway is just one element of this two week holiday.

I do hope you have a fantastic holiday with P&O Cruises.

Christopher Edgington

Director, P&O Cruises

Thanks for posting that. I do hope that the special guest for the kids isn't noddy or Mr Bump

Thanks for posting that.�� I do hope that the special guest for the kids isn't noddy or Mr Bump��

Lol, am sure it won't be, Tom...

Sounds as if you should be OK now - it does sound as if the boss has taken people's concerns very seriously and doing their best to compensate.

I'm sure you will have a lovely time. :) :)

Edited by Scriv

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago following an eshot from a well known online cruise agent.

The itinery we were given was the original one ie with the ports of Cannes and Cartagena so we booked.

Next day I was sent a confirmation email with the amended crise itinery.

I was not given any option to cancel and collect a full refund.

I have only received one email from PO regarding my preferences regarding the filming of the show.

I have received no further information from PO as many other posters on this board have.

I will enjoy my cruise whatever but if I am not happy I will vote with my feet and take my hard earned cash elsewhere.

I am fed up of all the moaning on here and especially from people not on this cruise. I do fully respect everyone is entitled to an opinion but I personally will wait and see.

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago following an eshot from a well known online cruise agent.

The itinery we were given was the original one ie with the ports of Cannes and Cartagena so we booked.

Next day I was sent a confirmation email with the amended crise itinery.

I was not given any option to cancel and collect a full refund.

I have only received one email from PO regarding my preferences regarding the filming of the show.

I have received no further information from PO as many other posters on this board have.

I will enjoy my cruise whatever but if I am not happy I will vote with my feet and take my hard earned cash elsewhere.

I am fed up of all the moaning on here and especially from people not on this cruise. I do fully respect everyone is entitled to an opinion but I personally will wait and see.

Give them a call and ask for a refund, I'm sure they will oblige if you explain and ask nicely.

Give them a call and ask for a refund, I'm sure they will oblige if you explain and ask nicely.

You mean the TA, who is clearly the one causing the problem.