my list of expenses...am i missing anything?

luckyinpa

thinking about november haven suite on the NCL breakaway with 2 people

some of these are estimates of course:

room cost (almost 5K)

parking NYC 300 ish (it will be this or someone driving me up. i wont park anywhere else)

insurance 400 to 500 (NCL seems like decent cancel policy for future credit while other policies seem to limit you to 50% cash back)

tips (wont even try to estimate and i see threads on it but i'm assuming 100 is a safe minimum)

passport 135 (in case we have to fly home)

haven includes the drink pak, 1 gig internet, 4 specialty dining, 50/port credit so i doubt we'd do more than that for specialty dining

prepaid service charge (i did a fake booking to confirm this) 217

fees for any excursions above the 50 credit we get

=============

i know everyones personal needs are different and i see there's a new cruisers list of what to pack so ill take a peek at that then, just trying to get a feel for any 'fixed costs' of the big stuff, so to speak, like the ones i've mentioned above. not stuff like all the new clothes we may need etc.

however if you want to toss in a 'oh dont forget potato chips clips' type of suggestion, i'm all ears!

i really try to research things and think i have all the major costs figured out. but let me know :) i just hate surprises.

Along with your Trip Insurance I would like to suggest that you invest in a good Medical Evacuation Insurance. One that will transport you back home from a Hospital located in a country far far away.

A helicopter ride, or plane ride with nurse in attendance will make you think that you are being billed for the next moon shot.

Bob

Tips are a "fixed" amount...your cruise brochure should give you the exact figure you're expected to tip. Do that..and you're done.

That's actually not correct. Prepaid tips do not include incidental tips such as tips for luggage porters at dockside, extra tips to bartenders, extra tips for especially good service of room stewards or Main Dining Room waiters, tips to ship solo musicians who play a tune or two you request, room service tips and so on. I really, really advise passengers not to be fooled by prepaid tips. Those are just a minimal baseline.

room cost (almost 5K)

parking NYC 300 ish (it will be this or someone driving me up. i wont park anywhere else)

insurance 400 to 500 (NCL seems like decent cancel policy for future credit while other policies seem to limit you to 50% cash back)

tips (wont even try to estimate and i see threads on it but i'm assuming 100 is a safe minimum)

haven includes the drink pak, 1 gig internet, 4 specialty dining, 50/port credit so i doubt we'd do more than that for specialty dining

=============

i know everyones personal needs are different and i see there's a new cruisers list of what to pack so ill take a peek at that then, just trying to get a feel for any 'fixed costs' of the big stuff, so to speak, like the ones i've mentioned above. not stuff like all the new clothes we may need etc.

however if you want to toss in a 'oh dont forget potato chips clips' type of suggestion, i'm all ears!

i really try to research things and think i have all the major costs figured out. but let me know :) i just hate surprises.

something is missing

I just cannot quite put my finger on it

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

room cost (almost 5K)

=============

Photos?

Souvenirs in port?

Pre-cruise hotel? Always a good idea to get there the day before, even when driving