Hump or Aft?

paton

I am doing TA on Navigator in May, right now I am in a D2 but have chance to move to E2 6614 or AFT 6688? Need help what do you think?

Hey, our daughter lives in Bradenton. Nice area.

What is your current stateroom number, or if you don't want to publish that, tell us where it is near.

6688 is not just ANY aft cabin.. it's a CORNER AFT.. the balcony is HUGE, and has loungers (from what I have read). I would grab 6688 in a heartbeat. The only draw back of deck 6, is that deck 7 above can see a good amount of your balcony

Never done a TA but have seen comments from some that didn't like their hump or side balcony due to being in shade for far too much of the day. I guess if you had a side balcony check the direction your going :)

Not a huge fan of aft but again its nice to the outside lounging space and terrific views for sunset/sunrise

The view from 6688 does not compare to the view from 1688.

It does NOT wrap around. The side is fully metal and blocked.

The view to the rear is hampered by the long deck that is on YOUR level.

I would not be so quick to jump on 6688, as much as I have enjoyed 7688.

The view from 6688 does not compare to the view from 1688.

It does NOT wrap around. The side is fully metal and blocked.

The view to the rear is hampered by the long deck that is on YOUR level.

I would not be so quick to jump on 6688, as much as I have enjoyed 7688.

Yea, the higher deck afts are considerably nicer than the deck 6 ones. But, for me, it all comes down to having a lounger on the balcony. Side balconies don't have them , afts generally do. Plus the balcony itself is much larger. I've never been in that cabin, but I've seen pics, and although it does have that boxed in feel, I would still take it over the side balcony. Just my opinion.

Hey, our daughter lives in Bradenton. Nice area.

What is your current stateroom number, or if you don't want to publish that, tell us where it is near.

I ended up taking 6688 which is corner aft, never been in aft but saw some pics on here yesterday and thought looked nice.

It's subjective as you can tell. Had both, and LOVE the humps. The aft worked for us when we had it. Layout of cabin made it feel larger and had our two older kids with us. DS slept on the balcony with a cot. I think our room steward thought it was odd, but he loved it. Was not going to share a bed with his sister :rolleyes:

There was a lot of soot when we woke in the am. Heard this was a possibility and got rather hot back there.

I like the location of being close to the elevator.

To be or not to be that is the question!

I'm an aft cabin person, but the hump people love theirs too. Humps are a little more panoramic than a standard balcony (you can see left and right, fore and aft more easily than a standard balcony) and they are handy to the stairs and elevators which is great if you have mobility issues, or just dont like to walk.

The aft cabins I've had have all had huge balconies, with more than one lounger. For me this means, no squaring off at the pool on sea days, I stay right on my own balcony! But it's a good walk to the rear of the ship (if you consider that a far distance- I don't as a distance biker and hiker) and there is significantly more vibration from the business end of the ship, especially when docking. I have loads of pictures in my linked reviews and on our website (under ships tours)

Id sail in that corner aft every day of the week, if it were me I would not give that up!

On a Transatlantic, an aft balcony is wonderful. Frequently it's too windy to use a side balcony but on the aft you are protected from that.

I just booked a hump balcony room, just wondering if this is too windy?

It is the furthermost one out on deck 8! I want to be out there a lot!:confused::confused:

Any input here?

Thanks!

I don't remember them being too windy. If they were, guessing they wouldn't be so popular. Try it and see how you like it. If you cancel, someone will snap it up. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app