Upgrade fairy paid me a visit

esquire20

Hi Folks, currently booked on 4/10/16 Transatlantic on Celebrity Silhouette, this trip was 2 years in the making, was booked in an inside cabin 3144. A few months ago I was offered a upgrade gty with no assurance of what type of cabin it would be, so I declined and stuck with my inside cabin 3144. Today I received a promotion from Celebrity's Captains Club, $150 upgrade to either an Oceanview or Veranda, I immediately fowarded the promotion to my TA and told her Veranda only! and just received word that I got cabin 9242 midship deluxe balcony for $150.00 total , very happy.

Hi Folks, currently booked on 4/10/16 Transatlantic on Celebrity Silhouette, this trip was 2 years in the making, was booked in an inside cabin 3144. A few months ago I was offered a upgrade gty with no assurance of what type of cabin it would be, so I declined and stuck with my inside cabin 3144. Today I received a promotion from Celebrity's Captains Club, $150 upgrade to either an Oceanview or Veranda, I immediately fowarded the promotion to my TA and told her Veranda only! and just received word that I got cabin 9242 midship deluxe balcony for $150.00 total , very happy.

Congratulations! Enjoy the cruise!

Hopefully this is a sign that Celebrity is learning to maximize revenue (and making happy pax) rather than letting unsold inventory die on the vine. NCL has been doing this for years, and has an upsell department devoted to just that. Same at Oceania, where we have scored some wonderful UGs at a reasonable price.

Hi Folks, currently booked on 4/10/16 Transatlantic on Celebrity Silhouette, this trip was 2 years in the making, was booked in an inside cabin 3144. A few months ago I was offered a upgrade gty with no assurance of what type of cabin it would be, so I declined and stuck with my inside cabin 3144. Today I received a promotion from Celebrity's Captains Club, $150 upgrade to either an Oceanview or Veranda, I iwrmmediately fowarded the promotion to my TA and told her Veranda only! and just received word that I got cabin 9242 midship deluxe balcony for $150.00 total , very happy.

Were you contacted directly by X or through your travel agent? I saw they had thus new program, just curious how it works?

Were you contacted directly by X or through your travel agent? I saw they had thus new program, just curious how it works?

I got an upgrade email offer less than a month prior to my recent South American cruise around the horn. I called my travel agent, who claimed they had not gotten the same email but called Celebrity and straightened it out. I was able to upgrade from an OV to a 2A veranda for a minimal cost, saving about $1,600 (single occupancy) over the going rate for the cheapest balcony and select my own cabin in a great location with a large balcony. I was a happy camper edpecially since this cruise had been on exciting deals at higher balcony rates than I ended up paying.

I have heard of people calling celebrity after final payment to see if there is a possibility of upgrading, which I will also be doing in the future whenever I use a travel agent, since I do not trust them to notify me in a timely manner, esp on weekends, and I think you need to respond to Celebrity within 48 hours.

I think Celebrity tries to fill cabins with exciting deals first, then sends upgrade offers in the last month or so before sailing. I had passed up the upgrades on exciting deals because they were too high and glad I did because the email offer was considerably cheaper. But I was also fine with staying in the OV if no upgrade offer came my way.

Good for you with the new cabin assignment! I noticed big price reductions on veranda and concierge as I checked the Celebrity site yesterday. Some lucky passengers will be sailing for really good prices on this TA and in some good locations. SOMETIMES it pays to wait to book or book a lower cat. and then upgrade, but this doesn't always pan out favorably. Our cat. is showing sold out, so one never knows.

Looks like all the Eastbound TA's are having a hard time filling up the ship. We got an e-mail from our travel agent forwarding Celebrity's offer for an upgrade from an OV to a GTY balcony.

A lot of people complain about the six 23-hour days, but I would rather have that than the redeye over to Europe to take a Westbound. Those are much more expensive.

I'm glad your happy and it sounds like a reasonable deal, but it is an upsell not an upgrade. It's sad that these have repleced the upgrade ppolicy

I'm glad your happy and it sounds like a reasonable deal, but it is an upsell not an upgrade. It's sad that these have repleced the upgrade ppolicy

Celebrity is the one that announced their new "upgrade" program - so they are calling it an upgrade. An upgrade or an upsell - we benefit!

And while people can call in and inquire after final payment - I'm not sure that they would be getting these same deals. When we got our upgrade call - the lady explained that she wasn't "taking calls" from people asking. She was working through the new program.

I for one am glad to see that they are offering to move people up for a nominal fee. Let's all just admit that we want to be the ones to get the offer. :D