New TV Cruise Programme

bee-ess

I liked him, looked like great fun :)

Watching him on the telly and meeting him in real life might be completely different. I thought oh my goodness this bloke could get on your wick but thinking about it if we were on the ship and in holiday mode he would probably seem like great fun.

Would it be Perry Grant from Celebrity that you likened him to? If so we are Perry fans and Facebook friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I think his name was Tyler or something like that - just a great bloke who kept us well entertained throughout the cruise. :)

Watching him on the telly and meeting him in real life might be completely different. I thought oh my goodness this bloke could get on your wick but thinking about it if we were on the ship and in holiday mode he would probably seem like great fun.

We do find that 'characters' seem to be a bit more OTT on American cruise lines. Does it annoy us? No way! It is part of the experience and we are more than happy to have staff like this than some we have encountered who look like they have sucked a lemon or 2 !

At the moment I'm really considering a cruise with Princess next year - they do a 7 night including Copenhagen and Oslo from Southampton which P&O only seem to do in December! (I don't want a 14 night Baltic one!)

Perry Grant was on Arcadia last July. That ship was still rocking every night till past midnight. They had to move him from the original bar he was allocated to because he was so popular!

Fantastic entertainer. He moved on to Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Fantastic entertainer. He moved on to Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

and he is about the move to Crystal Cruises. Great fun and a very nice guy to chat to around the ship too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We watched this programme last night.

We were on Britannia's Maiden Baltic cruise last year and were the first cruise ship into Stockholm of this size. Two pilots flew to Copenhagen and joined Britannia. On our journey to Sweden the Captain had to put Britannia through varies manoeuvres that she would need to do once in the Archipelago. Only when these were satisfactory completed did they announce the sail in was a go ahead. It was a most exciting experience especially when the tugs came alongside with water cannons just like when Britannia sailed into Southampton.

We watched this programme last night.

We were on Britannia's Maiden Baltic cruise last year and were the first cruise ship into Stockholm of this size. Two pilots flew to Copenhagen and joined Britannia. On our journey to Sweden the Captain had to put Britannia through varies manoeuvres that she would need to do once in the Archipelago. Only when these were satisfactory completed did they announce the sail in was a go ahead. It was a most exciting experience especially when the tugs came alongside with water cannons just like when Britannia sailed into Southampton.

That's brilliant! Looked lovely

That's brilliant! Looked lovely

Thank you P&O SUE,

It was our first trip to the Baltic and a wonderful experience.

This photograph was taken by the Swedish Media as we approached.

image.jpg.ed0e832f73e45e3c24ca1da17b7d9746.jpg

Edited by PopsiB

Morning all, saw a program on Quest TV last night (Friday 8.00pm I think) it was 1 hr long and all about Celebrity Solstice. It was more about the running of the ship than the passengers and really interesting.

This was 5th in the series and each week concentrates on a different ship. Not sure how many are left and unfortunately they don't seem to have a catch up option.

I have not looked but they may do repeats during the week.

In my opinion at least 10 time better than the ITV program and it isn't over in the blink of an eye.

There's 6 episodes in the 'Mighty Cruise Ships' series, which itself is a spin-off of 'Mighty Ships', of which there have been several series focusing on all kinds of different ships, and there's usually at least one cruise ship featured in each of the main series too. They also did a one-off special about the QM2 a couple years ago which I found particularly interesting. Quest repeat the series fairly regularly so you shouldn't have too long to wait to catch them next time around.

Edit: just googled and found this link - looks like the QM2 documentary was what started it all off!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Ships

Edited by RedEarth
added wiki link

Quest repeat the series fairly regularly so you shouldn't have too long to wait to catch them next time around.

You can watch last weeks episode (Celebrity Solstice in Australia) on catch-up on their website until Friday.

It's a pity that this week's episode get going back to the lost luggage that could be a bit of a put off for some.

I enjoyed tonight - thought the bloke sorting the lost luggage out was lovely and the man in charge of checking the cabins was really good. To be honest, the ship looks beautiful and this programme is actually enticing us to give Princess a go ........... they still do the champagne fountain and string quartets. Good for us.

I enjoyed tonight - thought the bloke sorting the lost luggage out was lovely and the man in charge of checking the cabins was really good. To be honest, the ship looks beautiful and this programme is actually enticing us to give Princess a go ........... they still do the champagne fountain and string quartets. Good for us.

We tried our first Princess cruise last year on Royal Princess (had the wow factor that Britannia didnt) then a second on Caribbean Princess and were really impressed.

We thought that the food was a bit better than on P&O especially in the buffet.

The recognition of our loyalty points from P&O meaning we got priority embarkation and 500 mins free internet made it even better!

I'm seriously thinking of doing a Princess cruise next year as it has a different itinerary that P&O doesn't do (7 nights to ports including Copenhagen & Oslo) that is quite close to our 30th Wedding Anniversay. So unless P&O can wow me with a different itinerary at the right time (hurry up Monday!!) I will be giving Princess a try.

It's a pity that this week's episode get going back to the lost luggage that could be a bit of a put off for some.
As long as people remember lost luggage is down to the airline, not the cruise ship, but those onboard as shown will do all the work in trying to locate it, then it should not put people off.

I agree about chasing the lost bags, very good.

I can speak from experience that on board staff can be fantastic in locating bags 'lost' by the airlines.

I took British Airways 5 days for them to get all our bags to our Celebrity sailing last Sept, but the concierge was fantastic on checking/hassling the airline everyday. It is hard as you are a 'moving target' on a cruise.

Last nights program had 41 bags missing, 7 from 1 family alone. On our sailing there were 23 cabins with no bags, so not sure actually how many bags, but our concierge said that is an average number per cruise due to the airlines.

We even tried to minimise any disruption to baggage delivery by flying in early the day prior to sailing, but that didn't help as BA were totally incompetent IMHO and couldn't get our bags to us even on departure day before we sailed late afternoon!

Just watched last nights episode on catch up. Noticed something interesting........the 'Mother & Son' who lost a bag en route and who appear to be staying in a regular Balcony Cabin, when they receive their missing bag I'm pretty sure the beds are made up together.......

Cruise.jpg

Edited by kevinyork

Just watched last nights episode on catch up. Noticed something interesting........the 'Mother & Son' who lost a bag en route and who appear to be staying in a regular Balcony Cabin, when they receive their missing bag I'm pretty sure the beds are made up together.......

Cruise.jpg

:eek::o