New TV Cruise Programme

bee-ess

Yes I agree the reception chap was a bit OTT, I said to my husband that he could get on your wick.

I thought the ship actually looked very nice but as has been said the balconies did look very small.

The whole thing about the competition and prize for most days sailed was probably to most Brits a bit off putting but having sailed on RCI I know that the Americans love that sort of thing. Someone said on Facebook that P & O do something similar, I must have managed to miss that then on all our P & O cruises.

Being a relative newie I actually thought the elite part was interesting, especially the amount of time folk have cruised, 400 days is some serious cruising. Has anyone on this forum done more than this I wonder.

Bal

When we were on the Emerald Princess two years ago there were a couple from Scotland who had just over 2,000 sea days, they got on in May and were getting off in August.

The most travelled passengers also get a private function with the captain and some of the staff in Skywalkers as well as the Elite party.

Majortom I would like to apologise for my reply to your post I replied in haste and now wish I hadn't. If I had thought it through I would have replied differently.

I accept your apology as there was no intention to upset you. Not a great user of smileys and there are some people on forums think that they can be rude and insulting but think its ok as long as they put a smiley at the end thankfully I am not one.

Edited by majortom10

Being a relative newie I actually thought the elite part was interesting, especially the amount of time folk have cruised, 400 days is some serious cruising. Has anyone on this forum done more than this I wonder.

Bal

I would say that here are - not me though.

There are also people on this forum who are Elite category members on Princess who have never been on a Princess cruise as Princess count points earned on P&O in their scheme. The same does not work the other way though.

Edited by bee-ess

CCFC

Apart from not being able to afford so much cruising, for us two weeks is about right My OH and self love cruising and do a cruise at least once a year. I sometimes find the sea days boring although OH loves them.

We also do land holidays and enjoy them too, but in a different way.

I don't think I would like to on a long coach trip with him :)

It is the same build as Britannia, my perfect ship would actually have the piazza (atrium) of Royal/Regal Princess plus the cool haven of Britannias Crows nest.

I agree with what the perfect ship would have.

We were on Royal Princess (same as Regal) in July last year then Britannia in December.

We found the atrium on Britannia very disappointing compared to Royal Princess and not much going on there ,

On Royal Princess there was always something going on in the atrium ,live music band and dancing every night and was a very popular area.However there is no Crows Nest or equivalent and that was our favourite place on Britannia!

Hi

We loved the programme as it reminded us of the sister ship Britannia - we loved her in July - and we really liked the bloke with the glasses on Reception. He reminded us of an entertainment manager we met on Celebrity who was just a genuinely fun person to be around. Better than someone with a face like a wet weekend who looks like they just want to get off at the next port! (And we've met some of those on numerous cruise lines!)

This first episode didn't do Princess any harm in our books. Looking forward to next week

:)

Just watched this tonight. Cannot believe that's the same ship as Britannia. Thought Princess' decor was much more favourable with an impressive atrium and nicely laid out deck area. However the editing was poor. A shot of passengers disembarking for Stockholm then immediately to the main show in the theatre that was presumably later that evening, not at the same time. Hate the Elite awards. Celebrity do the same thing on the first formal evening and announced the highest couple in their loyalty program onboard...cringe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched this tonight. Cannot believe that's the same ship as Britannia. Thought Princess' decor was much more favourable with an impressive atrium and nicely laid out deck area. However the editing was poor. A shot of passengers disembarking for Stockholm then immediately to the main show in the theatre that was presumably later that evening, not at the same time. Hate the Elite awards. Celebrity do the same thing on the first formal evening and announced the highest couple in their loyalty program onboard...cringe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must admit, Princess know how to do an atrium. I often look at Oceana and her stunning atrium and think it must be due to her Princess heritage :)

To those of you commenting on the small balconies on this ship and Britannia. Just a tip - head for an aft cabin. We had F729 and it was huge and for little extra cost ;) (no soot either!)

For us and also for our friends who cruise, we all said that if this is cruising we wouldn't be doing it. We felt the same about the Fred Olsen programme a year or so ago. They seem to pick certain people who do cruise, but are not representative of all that cruise. It's an offput if you have never cruised.

I would say that here are - not me though.

There are also people on this forum who are Elite category members on Princess who have never been on a Princess cruise as Princess count points earned on P&O in their scheme. The same does not work the other way though.

I am in this boat . (no pun intended). We are due to sail on the Royal Princess in July. I read on the Princess website, that in their eyes, I am an Elite member. Even though I've never set foot on a Princess ship. I hope all the benefits are made obvious. As I don't fancy going around asking Do I get this? Do I get that? Etc.

I am in this boat . (no pun intended). We are due to sail on the Royal Princess in July. I read on the Princess website, that in their eyes, I am an Elite member. Even though I've never set foot on a Princess ship. I hope all the benefits are made obvious. As I don't fancy going around asking Do I get this? Do I get that? Etc.

Most will be obvious, I think, or do I think it is just because I know?

You can check out all the benefits on the Princess site, but things like swapping the minibar out are not obvious unless you know. Basically you can swap the whole thing fir a bottle of wine, or two coffee cards.

Or swap like for like, meaning the "soft" items can be swapped to a different combination of soft. Alcohol swapped for alcohol. You need to phone room service for the swap. You can only swap from the selected minibar items.

Actually having said that, I am sure you could swap all the alcohol for soft if you chose, but not vice versa.

I hope that makes sense.

We did our first Princess cruise last year and because of our previous P & O cruises we were immediately at Platinum level.

We had priority embarkation which was great and 250 minutes of free internet each. The other benefits we did not bother with.

I believe Elite level also get a free mini bar ,canapes and free laundry ,so not to be sniffed at!

For us and also for our friends who cruise, we all said that if this is cruising we wouldn't be doing it. We felt the same about the Fred Olsen programme a year or so ago. They seem to pick certain people who do cruise, but are not representative of all that cruise. It's an offput if you have never cruised.

I agree Jean. It would have put us off if we hadn't cruised and has certainly put me off looking at Princess. It's not for us.

Think I might get a badge made up saying "P&O Cruises. Brian. Passenger" I would wear it with pride. NOT. I don't think I've ever seen anything more naff. Had to be American didn't they? And no I'm not racist.

Brian

Think I might get a badge made up saying "P&O Cruises. Brian. Passenger" I would wear it with pride. NOT. I don't think I've ever seen anything more naff. Had to be American didn't they? And no I'm not racist.

Brian

:) Wish there was a like button on this forum.

I thought that looking at the various area's of the ship (excluding back stage) the Regal Princess had the wow factor versus Britannia's ok but nothing special and made Britannia look like the poor relation. It certainly looked as though Britannia was fitted out on a far lower budget when looking at some of the areas on the ship especially the theatre where the seats looked far more comfortable on the Regal Princess.

I agree, this Regal PrIncess has personality, Brittainnia is dull......

I agree, this Regal PrIncess has personality, Brittainnia is dull......

In part I would agree, just back from Britannia and felt the Atrium area had the feel of a large soulless hotel lobby. The Glass House was a major disappointment.

Not all bad though, the Sunset bar and the Crows Nest are really good. There are plenty of outdoor seating areas around the ship as well. The balconies are small, but big enough to do whatever anyone should want to do on a ships balcony ;)

In part I would agree, just back from Britannia and felt the Atrium area had the feel of a large soulless hotel lobby. The Glass House was a major disappointment.

Not all bad though, the Sunset bar and the Crows Nest are really good. There are plenty of outdoor seating areas around the ship as well. The balconies are small, but big enough to do whatever anyone should want to do on a ships balcony ;)

Very similar views to my own, although I would take issue with your assertion that the balconies are big enough to do whatever you want, we had a C deck balcony on our last cruise on Ventura and it was almost big enough to play football.

But the lower price for obstructed balconies does make them an attractive ocean view option with opening windows.

I agree Jean. It would have put us off if we hadn't cruised and has certainly put me off looking at Princess. It's not for us.

Nope, anything bigger than Arcadia is too big for us. The decks are the artificial stuff. there is no proper Prom deck which we love in the early evening. The bigger ships have very narrow proms which don't go all the way round. I thought the decks looked extremely crowded, just reminded me of Azura. Shudder :-( Never forget waiting 45 minutes in 90 degrees to get back on board.

Last year whilst in Malta, we walked back past a big Celebrity ship and the queues to board were just horrendous.