New TV Cruise Programme

bee-ess

Being a relative newie I actually thought the elite part was interesting, especially the amount of time folk have cruised, 400 days is some serious cruising. Has anyone on this forum done more than this I wonder.

Bal

We watched the program because we have done 22 cruises on Princess but have not been on either Regal or Royal. We were surprised at the winners of the most cruised passenger because in our last Princess cruise the most travelled passenger had done over 2800 days and we have been on several cruises where the winner has done over 2000 days. I just looked at my cruise history on the Princess site and because they include P&O cruises in the history we have 413 days. To answer your question I would guess that there are many people on this forum who have done far more days at sea than I have and by definition more than the couple on the program.

I have always thought that we would never become most travelled passengers but maybe we have a chance though as we don't go to the parties I suppose that the loyalty person would have to would let us know or else we would read about it in the Princess Patter.

Very similar views to my own, although I would take issue with your assertion that the balconies are big enough to do whatever you want, we had a C deck balcony on our last cruise on Ventura and it was almost big enough to play football.

But the lower price for obstructed balconies does make them an attractive ocean view option with opening windows.

We had one of the obstructed balconies on Royal Princess at a great price and would definitely choose one again as we didnt find the obstruction a problem at all.

We have also had a C deck balcony on Ventura the size of which would be preferable if available on Royal Regal/Britannia ,but we did find the smaller balcony to still be of use.

why would you even bother with being the most travelled passenger? I don't understand it.

There is nothing to understand, hence my very first post about the programme making it a big thing. It's not something that need trouble you if you are not interested.

The Captains Circle host advises the top 3 pax ahead of time, they can chose to attend or not.

There is also another most travelled event onboard, depending on the type of party selected (captains choice) some chose a smaller number and host a very nice dinner. Again no obligation to accept, it's simply an invite.

Nothing worth discussing, just like any other parties, you might be invited you might not, you accept or decline, your choice.

Very similar views to my own, although I would take issue with your assertion that the balconies are big enough to do whatever you want, we had a C deck balcony on our last cruise on Ventura and it was almost big enough to play football.

But the lower price for obstructed balconies does make them an attractive ocean view option with opening windows.

My point exactly John, you don't play football on a balcony :) Although what I actually said was "but big enough to do whatever anyone should want to do on a ships balcony"

My point exactly John, you don't play football on a balcony Although what I actually said was "but big enough to do whatever anyone should want to do on a ships balcony"
Interesting comment about big enough to do what you want on a balcony.

This is representative of a balcony on Britannia

25525376326_dfd058c99d_b.jpg

Now here's a selection from various RCI ships for regular balconies (not extended aft or suites)

25458682821_88a167cf57_z.jpg

24924651143_10e4b8c3b0_z.jpg

25183886069_a26b9eff14_z.jpg

25551338075_b85b702fe7_z.jpg

And this is from one of RCI's oldest ships (Splendour of the Seas which is leaving the fleet this year to go to Thomson Cruises) and even this built years ago appears to have larger balconies than the recent builds of P&O, Princess and NCL.

24924619213_2e90b6508f_z.jpg

I know which ones I prefer.

Edited by peteukmcr

I watched the programming with interest...

I thought focus maybe should have been on targeting the younger crowd,as cruising has a reputation (falsely) for being mainly older people!!

Being a British production,maybe P&O would have been a better choice.....?

I have travelled on both,and love both equally.....Just think that the American culture and choices of content (X days aboard etc) is aimed at a slightly older crowd !!

Having said all that....enjoyed program mainly and will be aboard the Emerald Princess (again) on September 3rd!!

Steve n Wendy

Interesting comment about big enough to do what you want on a balcony.

This is representative of a balcony on Britannia

25525376326_dfd058c99d_b.jpg

Now here's a selection from various RCI ships for regular balconies (not extended aft or suites)

25458682821_88a167cf57_z.jpg

24924651143_10e4b8c3b0_z.jpg

25183886069_a26b9eff14_z.jpg

25551338075_b85b702fe7_z.jpg

And this is from one of RCI's oldest ships (Splendour of the Seas which is leaving the fleet this year to go to Thomson Cruises) and even this built years ago appears to have larger balconies than the recent builds of P&O, Princess and NCL.

I know which ones I prefer.

My point is that 2 people can sit on the balcony comfortably, we played cards and had breakfast on there.

I also know which I would prefer but the balcony size is only a minor part cruise selection.

One thing worth mentioning. At least you can sit on the P&O chairs. The others look like they should be thrown over the balcony, very cheap and nasty.
Wow, you are really P&O cheerleaders on here aren't you? I was referring to the size of the balconies, but all you can do is take cheap shots at other lines. Have you actually sailed on anything else than P&O? Can you really say that the balconies on Britannia are a good size?

Those chairs which you are mentioning are from at least 10 years ago, which means the ships were built with large balconies way back then and since all furniture has been replaced as shown below which you have to admit look at least as comfortable as P&O.

24822868853_416c317c79_z.jpg

12911134833_d5f24fb708_z.jpg

Think I might get a badge made up saying "P&O Cruises. Brian. Passenger" I would wear it with pride. NOT. I don't think I've ever seen anything more naff. Had to be American didn't they? And no I'm not racist.

Brian

Look, they were American, and yes they like that sort of thing :D.

Clearly trying to find a way of spending the bank balance.

At least they thought they were nice, and with 11 cruises previous year and 5 booked on board, they will get full value for the money they paid ($2 probably :eek:)

And what about the group who must wear red hats??

PS.............did anybody get the website address

Your days and cruises carry over to Princess, my last cruise was on Britannia nd my next is on Emerald Princess all my P&O cruises appear on my Princess cruise history.

I thought the TV programme was interesting but its too short to capture your attention, with adverts it must be all of 22 minutes.

I am not a Britannia lover much prefer Azura and Ventura for Caribbean cruising, Princess looks more glitzy than Britannia. The man in glasses at reception would do my head in, I do hope he doesn't behave like that when someone is showing dissatisfaction at something!!

I am liking the program but not liking the most sales award thing bit over the top and false in MO.

We have done more P+O cruises than with other lines but we have done Princess in the past and really enjoyed it. IMHO there were some things that I thought Princess did better and in some areas I preferred P+O. I think the cheaper drinks on P+O probably just tips it in their favour but I would certainly have no problems returning to Princess if the itinerary and price were right :)

I like the OTT bloke - reminds me of a great entertainment bloke on Celebrity.

Seems quite sweet to us and brings back happy memories of a previous cruise.

A bit American but that is the way it is and once you get used to it it is refreshing in comparison from sour faces from the UK that we sometimes see.

Can't see why no one else likes him:confused:

Morning all, saw a program on Quest TV last night (Friday 8.00pm I think) it was 1 hr long and all about Celebrity Solstice. It was more about the running of the ship than the passengers and really interesting.

This was 5th in the series and each week concentrates on a different ship. Not sure how many are left and unfortunately they don't seem to have a catch up option.

I have not looked but they may do repeats during the week.

In my opinion at least 10 time better than the ITV program and it isn't over in the blink of an eye.

Morning all, saw a program on Quest TV last night (Friday 8.00pm I think) it was 1 hr long and all about Celebrity Solstice. It was more about the running of the ship than the passengers and really interesting.

This was 5th in the series and each week concentrates on a different ship. Not sure how many are left and unfortunately they don't seem to have a catch up option.

I have not looked but they may do repeats during the week.

In my opinion at least 10 time better than the ITV program and it isn't over in the blink of an eye.

Good spot - think I have seen these a year or so ago, they are very good. They do have a catch up of the last episode on their website. Just watching the Solstice one again, love the Solstice Class ships.

Edited by bee-ess

Would it be Perry Grant from Celebrity that you likened him to? If so we are Perry fans and Facebook friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perry Grant was on Arcadia last July. That ship was still rocking every night till past midnight. They had to move him from the original bar he was allocated to because he was so popular!