Drink Package Increase?

ktex1968

Prices on Allure are up for our March cruise.

Looks like they are playing the same "gouge the customer" games that they did at Christmas with raising prices for the popular sailing times. For those of you with peak summer cruises now may be the time to lock in your price.

Well that does it for me and DH, we're out. We will not be buying the drink package now. We barely broke even last year anyway. We will bring our two bottles of wine, and drink much less. My waist line and liver will thank me for it. I can spend that $1000 on something which rewards much more pleasure then alcohol.

Lucky for my kids I bought the Replenish package for them months ago when the price was reasonable. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting it either. :)

Prices on Allure are up for our March cruise.

Looks like they are playing the same "gouge the customer" games that they did at Christmas with raising prices for the popular sailing times. For those of you with peak summer cruises now may be the time to lock in your price.

Didn't that include increases in prices for specialty restaurants?

Well that does it for me and DH, we're out. We will not be buying the drink package now. We barely broke even last year anyway. We will bring our two bottles of wine, and drink much less. My waist line and liver will thank me for it. I can spend that $1000 on something which rewards much more pleasure then alcohol.

Lucky for my kids I bought the Replenish package for them months ago when the price was reasonable. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting it either. :)

I was waiting until we were on board to use up some of our OBC to buy both a replenish and a refreshment package. Hopefully they font raise the specialty restaurants as well.

Didn't that include increases in prices for specialty restaurants?

Yes. Hoping they don't do the same. A slightly different crowd than Christmas so the demand for the restaurants may not be the same as at Christmas. I haven't travelled on Oasis class at March break but on Freedom class we never found the restaurants that busy.

Yeah, it went up a little while ago. It's also now the same price for kids as for adults, making it much more expensive for families.

I'm showing different prices for adults and kids, but they did both go up slightly. In the summer I paid $4.50 plus gratuity for the kids package. I think it was $6.50+ for adults. It's now coming up for me as $5.50 kids, $8 for adults including gratuity.

I'm showing different prices for adults and kids, but they did both go up slightly. In the summer I paid $4.50 plus gratuity for the kids package. I think it was $6.50+ for adults. It's now coming up for me as $5.50 kids, $8 for adults including gratuity.

You're fortunate, others have had to pay the $8 price for kids.

Really? Maybe I should buy it now. Is that just for Spring Break cruises or all cruises?

You could. Especially if it is still the lower price. Typically you can cancel before sailing. I don't know the exact timeline so please check into it. For all I know they may have changed that too!!!!!! Just double check in case.

I can confirm that the IoS 3/3 sailing the premium package went up to $64.90. It only did this a couple of weeks ago as I had it in my cart but hadn't checked out. I logged in one day and it told me the price had gone up on something in my cart.

No point in purchasing it now, going to wait it out and see what drink coupons I get as a Gold member.

Put us in that group. Like $9.40 per day for us (including gratuity). Ouch.

Purchased two packages for our upcoming 8 night cruise, so about $150. That's like buying 25 cases (600 cans) in our area. Crazy.

Dan

And that just includes soda from the machines. You can't even get soda in a can for that price. :eek:

I noticed the soda package is more expensive (at least based on my memory) than my last cruise in November too so it is across the board.

Well that sucks. I was holding off. Now it's going to cost me more. it used to be like 6.50 a day (maybe 7, before taxes/gratuties). Now it's $9.44 with taxes/gratuities. REALLY, for soda. That's absurd. A- I have enough of the cups (which only hold cold now, liked the others better) and B- I'm told Vision doesn't even have Freestyle machines (why not yet, I have no idea.

And we're not sailing during Spring Break (at least as far as I know). Bad show RCI!

Erika

Edited by birdylady

I just went ahead and paid for the kids soda package. It came to $5.5 including gratuity. I really don't understand how they can have different prices for different cruises.

Which ship and sailing were you still seeing the $5.50 for kids prices? I thought almost all had risen the price of children to match adults.

Which ship and sailing were you still seeing the $5.50 for kids prices? I thought almost all had risen the price of children to match adults.

Not until next year. Indy 2/20/2017. It's coming up as $5.50 for kids and $8 for adults including gratuity.

Not until next year. Indy 2/20/2017. It's coming up as $5.50 for kids and $8 for adults including gratuity.

Interesting, our Allure cruise for August is showing the full price of $9 something for both adults and kids. Just a little jealous lol

It would cost us $1,038 for the 8 night itinerary I wanted for next winter.

When we can do a 7 night on Celebrity for under $1300pp *with* a beverage package and $600 OBC on top of that, I wonder how they can even compete with themselves??

Edited by cmstl97

Can someone please tell me what the sales tax situation is like in Florida? I'm weighing the pros and cons of using my once to offset the cost of my premium package.

Thanks

We have never been charged US sales tax on package purchases while still docked in Florida.