Listening to music in room?

mrsgthatsme

This might be a silly question, but we love listening to music at our house. We use pandora and youtube quite a bit for this. Is there any way to listen to music in your stateroom without being connected to the internet? (radio, music stations on the TV, etc??) Thanks!

This might be a silly question, but we love listening to music at our house. We use pandora and youtube quite a bit for this. Is there any way to listen to music in your stateroom without being connected to the internet? (radio, music stations on the TV, etc??) Thanks!

Yep, Bluetooth speakers and an iPhone :) At least, that's what we do. We are mindful of the volume though.

We use one of these. Comes with a soft case and has great sound.

Only about 12 inches long 4 inches high with a remote.

Logitech Pure Fi

logitech-pure-fi-anywhere_1.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

on the TV bridge cam channel and some others. not a lot of choices though

However in advance of being in the cabin you have no idea what type of music will be played on the TV. It can be anything from classical to "elevator" music rock. I do not know who decides what it will be on a ship. The type music being played will be the same the entire cruise.

Yep, Bluetooth speakers and an iPhone :) At least, that's what we do. We are mindful of the volume though.

I'm glad someone is aware of their surroundings. On our last cruise in December we had a much less thoughtful passenger who used a Bluetooth speaker on her balcony two deck below us. It was cranked up and very annoying. The worst part was when she'd leave it on and not even be on the balcony.

Sadly, I'm really not that old, but I've turned into a crabby old guy... :-(

With the understanding that you should be courteous about volume (including not having non-earphoned music on your balcony), I suggest that you consider the JBL Flip3 bluetooth speaker linked to your iphone or other bluetooth devices with stored music.

Most audiophile reviewers consider the Flip3 to be unparalleled in sound quality among portable speakers. Unbelievable bargain at about $90.

Referring to your original question, there is also music on some of the TV stations on the cruise.

I'm glad someone is aware of their surroundings. On our last cruise in December we had a much less thoughtful passenger who used a Bluetooth speaker on her balcony two deck below us. It was cranked up and very annoying. The worst part was when she'd leave it on and not even be on the balcony.

Sadly, I'm really not that old, but I've turned into a crabby old guy... :-(

We must have been next door to them on the other side last cruise. :D