Life on Liberty 2/21-2/28: Mo'Bay, GC, Cozumel

I'm on the way home from my second cruise, first on RCI. I am going to do a full day-by-day review with pictures but thought I would put down some general thoughts while I pass the time in the car driving back to Dallas.

I have all the compasses and will email them to anyone that wants them.

Formal nights were Monday and Thursday.

Menu order. Mojo, Saffron, Basil, the mushroom one that I can't type here, Jasmine, Pimiento, Pomodoro.

SNF was Tuesday. Love & Marriage show was Wednesday. In the Air was Thursday. Ice Shows were Monday and Saturday. In the Air was my favorite.

We missed GC due to a front scheduled to come in. The port was closing to tenders at noon. I was disappointed but not surprised as I've read enough to know it happens often. The water was the most beautiful blue I have ever seen.

More to come!

Edited by Beachiekeen

I have all the compasses and will email them to anyone that wants them.

As a service to all CC readers, you should consider posting them here.

Menu order. , the mushroom one that I can't type here.

You mean shiitake? CC won't censure it if it's spelled correctly with two is.

Thanks so much for all this information! I'm doing b2b on Liberty 4/3 & 4/10. I've been watching a few periscope videos from Karen, internetwhiz. Did you meet her? She's b2b.

Oh yes, she organized our M&M and was kind enough to let us see their Ben & Jerry's suite. Great lady!

Ok let's get the review going shall we?

A little background: the cast of this review consists of me (46), DH (41) and DH's BFF (42). We have taken several vacations together, including a Carnival cruise last year. This was DH's fourth cruise, third on RC and BFF has cruised several times on different lines.

Here's a picture of us to liven things up:

222_zpshmpezfys.jpg

After last year's Carnival cruise, the boys said "never again." They both insisted RCI was far superior. Now to be fair, it was spring break and really crowded and we also sailed on a ship that was due to be upgraded. There were some things I really liked about Carnival. Like being able to carry on water for one thing. I only drink bottled water and I have to have it all the time. Just ask my husband. Plus they have robes in every stateroom. I loved coming back to our room in the afternoon, taking a shower and wrapping up in a robe. But I digress....

Anyway, when we were ready to plan our next cruise, the boys wanted to go back to RCI and since we just wanted to drive from Dallas to Galveston, Liberty of the Seas it was. Hubby is a teacher but has a little flexibility with his schedule so we decided to cruise around his spring break, just not actually during it.

If this photo is too big, I will resize it.